Hammock - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Hammock

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #31
Grt_Ape
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrocksteve View Post
What do you do when you live in the desert like me??
NO trees, except the Joshua's, which are NOT strong enough to tie to.

Yeah, we can sleep in the horse trailer, but who wants to smell horse poop all night!
Set your hang off the roll bars between two Jeeps.

2006 LJ Rubicon
Grt_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #32
MetalMountainGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have an ENO double nest w/atlas straps, net, and a large rain fly...I liked the Hennessey hammocks, but they won't accomodate my fat *** too well. The ENO fits me perfect and was a little cheaper than the Hennesseys.
MetalMountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:26 PM   #33
Richard_

1995 YJ Wrangler 

the ENO dbl nest looks cool , that is going in my pop up for sure
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #34
BrownSasquatch
1998 ZJ 

Lol spent some time hammock camping this last summer. It was nice except I sucked at tying my knots or something and the hammock would slide down the trees and I'd wake up pretty much sleeping on the ground. Any advice on how to tie or if there's anything I should get to make it more secure
BrownSasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 03:43 AM   #35
scottmphoto
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Way back in 1981, one of my first adventures in the Boy Scouts (I was 10) was a 50-mile backpacking trip. I used a hammock then. It was one of the old net style ones. VERY uncomfortable. Back in 2010, we took our Boy Scout troop (I'm currently an Assistant Scoutmaster) on their first 50 mile canoe trip on the Buffalo National River in Arkansas. I know that we'd be sleeping on gravel and sand bars. I don't care how big of a tarp that you put down on the sand and how careful you are, you'll wake up in the morning with sand in places that you didn't even know that you can get sand into.
I decided that I wasn't going to go through that. I broke down and bought an ENO (Eagles Nest Outfitters) "Single Nest" hammock. That was THE best week of camping that I have ever been on. If it's warm enough, I always sleep in my hammock anymore if I can find a place to set it up when the troop goes camping.
scottmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.