Hammock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Hammock

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Hammock

By hammock campers out there? If so...what's your set up?

cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker
By hammock campers out there? If so...what's your set up?
Ummm...meant...any...damn auto type..
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Really....no hammock campers??!!!!!
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Lived in maui for 3 years in the jungle( dirt floor bamboo and tarp roof) a little over a year of that was spent in a hammock just the regular mexican blanket looking ones. The main tricks is to tie a guide string for rain water onto your lines and once every 3 weeks sleep inverted to straighten your back. (no joke)
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Maverick
Lived in maui for 3 years in the jungle( dirt floor bamboo and tarp roof) a little over a year of that was spent in a hammock just the regular mexican blanket looking ones. The main tricks is to tie a guide string for rain water onto your lines and once every 3 weeks sleep inverted to straighten your back. (no joke)
I use the Hennessy hammocks, look them up they are bad ***!!! Down under quilt and top to match. I will never go back to a tent. Been using them for 3 years now. I can go down to 35*f and be warm. Love my backpack gear!!
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
ruggedscotsman
2000 WJ 

Big fan of the Hennessy ones....also had good sleeps in the older mayan style ones that will fit 2 people across the wide point

I've found the best way to keep you back straight is to use a sleeping pad inside the hammock and lie diagonally across the way.
ruggedscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah people don't believe me when I tell them I can lay flat in the hammock. All you have to do is lay diagonal to the center.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
fundabug

I used to be into backpacking big time when I was younger. All through the Rockies, Smokeys, and all up and down the Appalachian Trail. I always carried one of the $6 roll up hammocks from Wal Mart in my pack. After a long day of hiking I'd hang that thing up and stretch out with my boots off getting a good rest in before starting dinner. Several times I was worried my packing buddies would take my hammock by force after seeing how much more comfortable it was than sitting on a rock. Pretty soon everyone of my backpacking friends had one. When the weather was good I would sleep in it at night with my therma-rest pad in it. One night however, I rolled out of it zipped up tight in my mummy bag, continued rolling down a steep hill and into a creek. The rest of the night was cold and wet to say the least. After that I slept in my tent and used the hammock just for a rest. Back when I worked third shift, some mornings I would get off work and go out to a nearby nature preserve, walk out to a shady spot deep in the woods. I would set up my hammock and sleep in the shade listening to the birds.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Radar_Sweden
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought me the Hennesy Deep Jungle to go with my Jeep.
Have not yet slept in it (received it today) but Im excited and it will most definitely be the fastet camp set up in my wheeling crew.
Radar_Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
odyssey017
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Taken Yesterday
odyssey017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar_Sweden
Just bought me the Hennesy Deep Jungle to go with my Jeep.
Have not yet slept in it (received it today) but Im excited and it will most definitely be the fastet camp set up in my wheeling crew.
They are nice, I have one. Opted for the jacks r better quilts though.
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey017
Taken Yesterday
Nice!
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ENO Doublenest and Whoopie Slings for me. Best setup ever! Going to buy a bugnet soon.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt
ENO Doublenest and Whoopie Slings for me. Best setup ever! Going to buy a bugnet soon.
ENO are very comfy! First hammock I bought. I have one for a lounger. I don't like the bug net design. If your backpacking / camping go with a Hennessy or warbonnet blackbird. Don't skimp, get down quilts. We, as a family 6 of us, will not go back to tents. Also, synch straps make it even easier!
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #15
CHEROKEE8
1999 WJ 

Yep, eno for me as well. Bought it for backpacking, but now me & my lady use it for every camping trip from overnight to a week. Cool to see some hammock guys on jf.
photo-2-.jpg  
CHEROKEE8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.