Hammock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Hammock

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Hammock

By hammock campers out there? If so...what's your set up?

cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalker
By hammock campers out there? If so...what's your set up?
Ummm...meant...any...damn auto type..
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Really....no hammock campers??!!!!!
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Lived in maui for 3 years in the jungle( dirt floor bamboo and tarp roof) a little over a year of that was spent in a hammock just the regular mexican blanket looking ones. The main tricks is to tie a guide string for rain water onto your lines and once every 3 weeks sleep inverted to straighten your back. (no joke)
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Maverick
Lived in maui for 3 years in the jungle( dirt floor bamboo and tarp roof) a little over a year of that was spent in a hammock just the regular mexican blanket looking ones. The main tricks is to tie a guide string for rain water onto your lines and once every 3 weeks sleep inverted to straighten your back. (no joke)
I use the Hennessy hammocks, look them up they are bad ***!!! Down under quilt and top to match. I will never go back to a tent. Been using them for 3 years now. I can go down to 35*f and be warm. Love my backpack gear!!
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
ruggedscotsman
2000 WJ 

Big fan of the Hennessy ones....also had good sleeps in the older mayan style ones that will fit 2 people across the wide point

I've found the best way to keep you back straight is to use a sleeping pad inside the hammock and lie diagonally across the way.
ruggedscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah people don't believe me when I tell them I can lay flat in the hammock. All you have to do is lay diagonal to the center.
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
fundabug

I used to be into backpacking big time when I was younger. All through the Rockies, Smokeys, and all up and down the Appalachian Trail. I always carried one of the $6 roll up hammocks from Wal Mart in my pack. After a long day of hiking I'd hang that thing up and stretch out with my boots off getting a good rest in before starting dinner. Several times I was worried my packing buddies would take my hammock by force after seeing how much more comfortable it was than sitting on a rock. Pretty soon everyone of my backpacking friends had one. When the weather was good I would sleep in it at night with my therma-rest pad in it. One night however, I rolled out of it zipped up tight in my mummy bag, continued rolling down a steep hill and into a creek. The rest of the night was cold and wet to say the least. After that I slept in my tent and used the hammock just for a rest. Back when I worked third shift, some mornings I would get off work and go out to a nearby nature preserve, walk out to a shady spot deep in the woods. I would set up my hammock and sleep in the shade listening to the birds.

2004 Wrangler X 4.0 I6 Solar Yellow

OK, so I messed up the quote in my sig....I was probably on the downhill side of a few beers when I did it......Somebody say something funny so I can get a new one.
fundabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Radar_Sweden
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just bought me the Hennesy Deep Jungle to go with my Jeep.
Have not yet slept in it (received it today) but I´m excited and it will most definitely be the fastet camp set up in my wheeling crew.
Radar_Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
odyssey017
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Taken Yesterday
odyssey017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar_Sweden
Just bought me the Hennesy Deep Jungle to go with my Jeep.
Have not yet slept in it (received it today) but I´m excited and it will most definitely be the fastet camp set up in my wheeling crew.
They are nice, I have one. Opted for the jacks r better quilts though.
Unread 05-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #12
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey017
Taken Yesterday
Nice!
Unread 05-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Tompatt
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ENO Doublenest and Whoopie Slings for me. Best setup ever! Going to buy a bugnet soon.
Tompatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #14
cwalker
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompatt
ENO Doublenest and Whoopie Slings for me. Best setup ever! Going to buy a bugnet soon.
ENO are very comfy! First hammock I bought. I have one for a lounger. I don't like the bug net design. If your backpacking / camping go with a Hennessy or warbonnet blackbird. Don't skimp, get down quilts. We, as a family 6 of us, will not go back to tents. Also, synch straps make it even easier!
Unread 05-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #15
CHEROKEE8
1999 WJ 

Yep, eno for me as well. Bought it for backpacking, but now me & my lady use it for every camping trip from overnight to a week. Cool to see some hammock guys on jf.
photo-2-.jpg  
CHEROKEE8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.