Gun Pics - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Gun Pics

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 10-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #106
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ruger 10/22 Wal-mart special. Set up as a Liberty Training Rifle for Appleseed.

At 50 yards, offhand (unsupported)

ArcherAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #107
default_user
It's a Roobicon

"family" photo
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 09:20 PM   #108
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post

"family" photo
Nice... the top one has a feel of old school with some new skewl thrown in.
Unread 10-07-2008, 11:45 AM   #109
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Brought this home last night, officially my first:

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #110
woodasptim
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'll play.

Here is one of my range toys.

Here is my wife's carry gun.

What I carry when I'm wearing jeans.

and when I'm in shorts.

And finally, my favorite one to shoot.

woodasptim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #111
9EEP
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I can't post any pictures yet but when I get 50 post I'll post some pics.
9EEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #112
in_motion
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice boomsticks all! to those who own sks's: where did you get/order them and how do they work for you? i've seen some refurbished ones online, but would be leery about buying such a rifle to shoot at the price they were quoting.
in_motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #113
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty much any Yugoslavian 59/66 will be a shooter. Just make sure the sights aren't bent. Russian versions are more expensive, but are much more collectible.

Are you looking online, or at a local dealer? What price are you coming up with?
Unread 10-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #114
Reswob
1998 ZJ 

my uncle takes much better pics than I do:

#27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
Reswob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #115
in_motion
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Pretty much any Yugoslavian 59/66 will be a shooter. Just make sure the sights aren't bent. Russian versions are more expensive, but are much more collectible.

Are you looking online, or at a local dealer? What price are you coming up with?
http://www.samcoglobal.com/sks.html

they're anywhere from $180-$220. they're yugos, which may explain the price, but it still seems a little cheap. then again, i have been pricing m1a's for much more, which might be skewing my perspective...

i hope its at least good enough condition to be a target/maybe hunting rifle. anyone hunt with a 7.62x39?

Last edited by in_motion; 10-07-2008 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: more questions needed to be asked
in_motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #116
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That's about the going price for them. Pay the extra money and get the unissued one.

If you are not an 01 or at least and 03 FFL, remember that you'll have to have them shipped to a dealer. The dealer will charge you a fee to do the transfer.

You might want to try Big 5 sporting goods or Dunhams sporting goods. They carry SKSs. Ask to see them all and look them over well. Pick the best of the bunch.

Don't forget you'll have to clean all the cosmoline off before you can shoot it!
Unread 10-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #117
default_user
It's a Roobicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Brought this home last night, officially my first:

newb...time to take it out and shoot it
default_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #118
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasjeepguy View Post
newb...time to take it out and shoot it
Ha, saturday, you name the place.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #119
ArcherAce
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Mini-14? Loads of fun to shoot, and very dependable. The only gun you'll never have to clean and it will still go 'bang' when you pull the trigger.

But, don't expect any accuracy out of it without alot of tuning. Minute of badguy is about as good at it gets in stock forum. Take it for what it is, and enjoy it the way it is. When you start to think you'd like something more accurate, sell the mini and purchase an AR.

Check out PerfectUnion BBS for all things Mini-14
Unread 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #120
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherAce View Post
Mini-14? Loads of fun to shoot, and very dependable. The only gun you'll never have to clean and it will still go 'bang' when you pull the trigger.

But, don't expect any accuracy out of it without alot of tuning. Minute of badguy is about as good at it gets in stock forum. Take it for what it is, and enjoy it the way it is. When you start to think you'd like something more accurate, sell the mini and purchase an AR.

Check out PerfectUnion BBS for all things Mini-14
Thanks! I think it'll serve it's purpose well, looking for something fun and simple, not overly worried about having the most accurate rifle, just something fun, compact, and versatile, also, the price was just right.

I haven't been shooting since senior year of high school and I wanted to get something of my own.

better pic:

Quote:

Last edited by Dr. Marneaus; 10-08-2008 at 02:16 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.