Go anywhere and then go Flying - Portable Aircraft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Go anywhere and then go Flying - Portable Aircraft

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 11-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
WKCRD757
2008 WK 

Go anywhere and then go Flying - Portable Aircraft

For the guys that would rather be enjoying the great outdoors, it doesn't get much better then this -

Wheel your Jeep to the middle of nowhere, unhook your gear from the back, set up and see your location from a whole new perspective. I've been doing this for 5 years now, definitely an eye opener to the world below.

Jeff

Unread 11-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Indy

Nice. Cheaper im sure than what it costs me to fly a cessna. Whats a rig cost?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
WKCRD757
2008 WK 

A lot cheaper than a Cessna but more importantly - a lot more fun (unless your only purpose is point a to b traveling. Lots of fixed wing and rotor guys pick up this sport and have the best time of their lives. It's all about enjoying the sky. For about 15 grand you can get the best stuff and training as well, so just about the cost of a nice motorcycle and you have your own aircraft. There are cheaper setups as well but you get what you pay for.

Jeff
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Indy

I remember the first time i was under canopy, a loooong time ago. All i could hear was the material flapping in the wind, probably the most peaceful zen moment in my life. Last year I made it through solo for my private pilot before i bought a new house, sucked up my flight money for a while.

Flying, its awesome.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.