Glock 23 -- Opinions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Glock 23 -- Opinions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Reply
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #31
Edg3Crush3r
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 21
I have a Glock 27. Which is the ultracompact version of the 40 cal. I like it for concealed carry purposes and as my daily side arm, but I will say that accuracy is dodgy at longer distances due to the extremely short barrel. It is still a Glock which means it is reliable, it hasn't jammed or had any functional issues, and it breaks down and cleans real easily. However, I think in retrospect I would have gone with the 23 to decrease that hand cannon feel that the 27 can give. Up close it will do the job, but a 23 or a Springfield 45 or some of the other handguns mentioned above will save ammo and would not allow for close quarters scenarios as much as the 27 might. At this point though, I have had the 27 for so long that I'm quite used to the feel. Also, for those of you in the market for a 27, make sure you get those mag extenders.

Edg3Crush3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #32
nosheep
Registered User
1983 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: alb, NM
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edg3Crush3r View Post
I have a Glock 27. Which is the ultracompact version of the 40 cal. I like it for concealed carry purposes and as my daily side arm, but I will say that accuracy is dodgy at longer distances due to the extremely short barrel. It is still a Glock which means it is reliable, it hasn't jammed or had any functional issues, and it breaks down and cleans real easily. However, I think in retrospect I would have gone with the 23 to decrease that hand cannon feel that the 27 can give. Up close it will do the job, but a 23 or a Springfield 45 or some of the other handguns mentioned above will save ammo and would not allow for close quarters scenarios as much as the 27 might. At this point though, I have had the 27 for so long that I'm quite used to the feel. Also, for those of you in the market for a 27, make sure you get those mag extenders.
I Have to disagree a bit my wife runs a 27 and she is not big, also her and me can hit paper plate size steel plates 8 for 10 at 50 yards. To me the 27 and the 23 feel the same……. But keep in mind I am using a gen 2 glock 23 and her 27 is the gen 4. If I had to do it over I would buy a 27 over my 23 just for easier ccw purposes but the difference is not great enough for me to sell the 23 and get a 27. both are extreamly good guns
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
MountainMan864
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 3,659
Or you could choose a better gun. Holding a glock feels like your holding a brick. Go try a s&w m&p 40 and report back.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 06:37 AM   #34
HCallahan
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Or you could choose a better gun. Holding a glock feels like your holding a brick. Go try a s&w m&p 40 and report back.
...and trade one polymer framed, high capacity, striker fired, semi-auto pistol for another?

If the S&W feels better for you then great but the S&W and Springfield Glock copies are just that.
HCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Posts: 3,160
Just figured I'd give an update:

Got the Glock 23. Great gun. I have around 2000 rounds through it already without a singe issue. I also picked up a few more handguns, including a 1911, and I have to say, I like the way the Glock feels. Maybe because I have big hands, but I don't mind the "brick". I even bought 9mm conversion since I dropped about $600 on .40 in a month.

I'm also in the process of joining a Bullseye club. Going for my final qualification on Mon, then I get my ID and keys to the range. Thinking about getting into some small bore competitions as well.

Thanks for all the input.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #36
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 10,227
Good deal. Sounds like you are on your way to becoming a happy gun owner. Now, think about reloading for your guns. Even casting your own lead. With your own custom reloads for your guns they will be more accurate than they are now. Cheaper to make as well. There is no way I could even afford to shoot as much as I do using factory "generic" rounds.

Good Luck and enjoy.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
Indy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WY
Posts: 3,075
Reloads dont necessarily improve accuracy. But i have owned a couple rifles that factory loads were $5-10 every time you pulled the trigger compared to me loading better rounds for $0.20 a pop.


My newest one, finally function tested last week.

__________________
Odds are im typing on a tablet. It takes too much effort to add some punctuation. Im lazy, get over it

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #38
Budasac
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Posts: 3,160
The club I'm joining has a guy who reloads for them. We collect our brass for him and he supplies us with .45 for about $0.30 a round.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #39
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 10,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Reloads dont necessarily improve accuracy. But i have owned a couple rifles that factory loads were $5-10 every time you pulled the trigger compared to me loading better rounds for $0.20 a pop.


My newest one, finally function tested last week.

They sure do. In all of my 65 guns I reload for have.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #40
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 10,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
The club I'm joining has a guy who reloads for them. We collect our brass for him and he supplies us with .45 for about $0.30 a round.
That's good. But I have found what works for him may not be the best as it can be for you.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #41
Indy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WY
Posts: 3,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ View Post
They sure do. In all of my 65 guns I reload for have.
If you reload (load) to your gun, you can increase accuracy/performance etc. jut it being reloaded ammo doesnt do anything that getting lucky with factory wont do. I load for downrange performance, dont usually mind losing 1/4 moa for another 4" of penetration.
__________________
Odds are im typing on a tablet. It takes too much effort to add some punctuation. Im lazy, get over it

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #42
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life
 
JBTJ's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 10,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
If you reload (load) to your gun, you can increase accuracy/performance etc. jut it being reloaded ammo doesnt do anything that getting lucky with factory wont do. I load for downrange performance, dont usually mind losing 1/4 moa for another 4" of penetration.
Yes, that is my point. I know that the reloads I work up for me and my guns work great for me but may not with another. No 2 guns are the same
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #43
tjcj
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Yakima, Wa
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Reloads dont necessarily improve accuracy. But i have owned a couple rifles that factory loads were $5-10 every time you pulled the trigger compared to me loading better rounds for $0.20 a pop.


$5-$10 a round what are you shooting .50 BMG's , .416 Cheytec's and .338 Lapua?

Sent from my XT881freeze ray gun using JeepForum
__________________
Yakima Valley Mountaineers.
tjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.