Glock 23 -- Opinions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Glock 23 -- Opinions

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikenut155 View Post
I've owned a Glock 23 for several years, very good gun and trust my life to it daily. Excellent choice, get some high capacity mags while you can, before Oct. new gun law takes effect.
What new gun law?

JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
bikenut155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBTJ

What new gun law?
Sorry, thought you were from Maryland, MD passed a new gun law limiting the number of rounds a magazine could hold, max is 10 rounds.
bikenut155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I have a two g23 and a g22 as well as some other Glocks in 9mm. I carry my Glock 22 daily during winter and a Glock 23 daily during summer.
I have ran both versions in handgun classes and never had a problem running factory and hand loads. My g23 had over 10,000 rounds through it before I cleaned it(use frog lube). Can't go wrong with the 23.
If I was you I would get a Ruger in .22 that's their bread and butter. A Ruger in .22 is like a diesel truck where as the Berreta is a Daewoo lol
Vonguido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
HCallahan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

[

I drank the Glock Kool Aid and it was delicious.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
HCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
HCallahan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna see him tomorrow and see what we can work out.

Also, I'm lookin for a .22 target pistol. Does anyone have a Baretta Neos? It's a little funky lookin' but has pretty good reviews and is affordable. The Neos Inux model with 6" barrel is <$400. Not too crazy about the angle of the grip though. Gone run down the street tomorrow and see if they have one I can hold.
I'll second the Ruger
The Mark II is an outstanding .22 Pistol. Durable, accurate, reliable and relatively inexpensive. I'd put it up against any .22 pistol including the S&W Model 41, the Browning Buckmark and a most anything else. I've owned several and they shoot better than most people can shoot them. They're also very simple and almost never break. If you do have a problem (like you drive your Jeep over it), parts are plentiful.
HCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #21
Budasac
2005 WK 

JBTJ - You're the first I've seen complain about the Neos (other then appearance).

I know everyone recommends the Ruger Mark series but the look of it really turns me off. Reminds me of a Nazi Luger. My buddy just ordered a Ruger SR22 which looks pretty sweet but I'd like to get something different since we'll be shooting together slot and we want a bit of a selection. As it is, he already has a Glock 22 which s basically identical to the G23 I'm getting.

What do you guys think of the S&W M&P 22?
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #22
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac
JBTJ - You're the first I've seen complain about the Neos (other then appearance).

I know everyone recommends the Ruger Mark series but the look of it really turns me off. Reminds me of a Nazi Luger. My buddy just ordered a Ruger SR22 which looks pretty sweet but I'd like to get something different since we'll be shooting together slot and we want a bit of a selection. As it is, he already has a Glock 22 which s basically identical to the G23 I'm getting.

S&W M&P 22 is a solid little pistol. I shot one a couple times at my buddies place. Mags are kinda hard to find, at least around me. They will shoot just about any .22 ammo you put in it.
Vonguido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Being I work on guns, for a living, well now retired, modifying and building I do know a little bit about them. Top of the line would be the Ruger 22/45 or MKIII with a bull barrel. All other .22's can't hold a candle to them. I have shot many .22's over the years and this comes from my experiences. Same goes for the S&W M&P 22. If you won't enjoy shooting dime size groups at 25 yards and prefer to shoot 2" groups at 25 yards then be sure to buy something other than a Ruger.
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
Indy

G23 was my first pistol, carried it on duty and put tens of thousands of rounds through it. When the dept began issuing 35's i switched and carried the g23 to and from work and the 35 on duty. So it still saw 500 or so a month. My last qual ever i had my first failure. The takedown spring broke sometime during the qual. I didnt know it had broken until after the course when i was going back on the street and was switching pistols. Framecame out, slide stayed in the holster. Gun still ran 100% until you dropped the striker on a ded chamber, then the slide would slide off. A year or so later i finally broke down and spent the $.25 on a new spring to fix it

Glocks arent my favorite for precision, far from it for hunting. But for duty and durability theyre my go-to. I keep all sorts of stuff secured, but i still have glocks close at hand at night.

I carried an expert rating my last 3-4 years, but never shot expert with both pistols the same day. It was always 1 or the other. My last qual was my last chance to do so, went 100 with the 35, 98 with the 23. I know i pulled a round but blame it on the spring breaking so i sleep better at night

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #25
Budasac
2005 WK 

JB - Thanks again for the input. How do you feel about the SR22 my buddy just ordered?

Also, I was looking at the he 22/45 over the weekend and thought it would be a good practice pistol since it is so similar to the 1911 (which I would like eventually).
Unread 06-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #26
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
JB - Thanks again for the input. How do you feel about the SR22 my buddy just ordered?

Also, I was looking at the he 22/45 over the weekend and thought it would be a good practice pistol since it is so similar to the 1911 (which I would like eventually).
I'm sorry I can not give you any input on the SR22 as I have never shot one nor do I know of anyone who has. But, for the design I would say it's not as good, as it appears to have a floating barrel. What to look for is the barrel to be screwed into the frame and basically non removable with out tools. This is the key to accuracy.
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #27
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

I have had a gen 2 glock 23 for about 7 years now it is a great gun. It is about the perfect size for a do everything gun. I use it as my carry gun in the winter in a kingtuck holster and a 5.11 belt with good results. The only mod I have is a SS recoil spring/rod I have never had a malfunction that was not the ammos fault out of a estimated 6-10k plus rounds. I don’t think the gun will let you down.

I also have a sr-22 is is a great gun we practice with it a fair amount (did before the obaomy scare) and it shoots very well. sometimes after 2-300 rounds you have to clean the feed ramp so bring some q-tips to the range thats its only flaw but not a bad one also it shoots bulk federal and blazer with no issues but stay away from winchester x-pert that stuff sucks hard.
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #28
Budasac
2005 WK 

I really appreciate the feedback guys. I'm new the sport and welcome any info and advice you all have to offer. (So please keep it coming)

The G23 is a done deal. Gonna wire up a Generator for his house in exchange for the Glock.

On the .22, I think I'm leaning towards the Ruger 22/45 Target. Lists for around $350-$400 I think.
Unread 07-01-2013, 03:20 AM   #29
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

I don't think you will regret getting it. I really like my G23.
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
Budasac
2005 WK 

I don't think so either. I've been researching and there aren't many complaints about it. Seems like a very reliable gun. I can't wait to get it to the range now. As far as a .22 goes, I think I'm gonna take a ride to see a buddy who works at a gun shop and see if they have something decent used. I'm also ordering a S&W M&P 15-22 just for fun. ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.