JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Outdoor Recreation (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f68/)
-   -   Glock 23 -- Opinions (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f68/glock-23-opinions-1539587/)

Budasac 06-21-2013 04:44 PM

Glock 23 -- Opinions

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a Glock 23 from a friend of mine who's looking to sell. It's a compact .40. Just wondering if anyone has one and has an opinion about it.

Thanks

JBTJ 06-21-2013 04:49 PM

I have heard they are good guns. But, I don't like the feel in my hand nor do I really like any Glocks.

How much for it?

Budasac 06-21-2013 04:55 PM

He's a close friend and just bought a new house so I can work something out with him. (I do carpentry, electric, and furniture/cabinet making). I would probably help him for nothing, but if he's willing to throw a gun my way.......

I was actually looking at a Glock 22 which is almost Identical, but full size, for $600. The 23 he said was only used for qualifying once and never really fired after that. (He's a Sherrif's Officer) So it's basically new.

JBTJ 06-21-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budasac (Post 15591416)
He's a close friend and just bought a new house so I can work something out with him. (I do carpentry/electric/ and furniture/cabinate making). I would probably help him for nothing, but if he's willing to throw a gun my way.......

I was actually looking at a Glock 22 which is almost Identical, but full size, for $600. The 23 he said was only used for qualifying once and never really fired after that. (He's a Sherrif's Officer) So it's basically new.

Well you can't beat that deal. Especially if it's a work for trade. Good luck with it. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Then go buy ammo and shoot the crap out of it. It could take as much as 500 rounds to get it broke in good.

gloksrule 06-22-2013 11:47 AM

I would buy it, 23 is a sweet pistola,, get a hogue wraparound grip for it and it will fit great in ur hand

Budasac 06-22-2013 01:28 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloksrule (Post 15593883)
I would buy it, 23 is a sweet pistola,, get a hogue wraparound grip for it and it will fit great in ur hand

It's obvious from your screen name that your opinion is clearly unbiased. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Do you currently own one?

Been researching it a little and don't see any real complaints. Appears to be pretty widely used among law enforcement. I saw some mention of issues with the gen 3 model but no specifics.

gloksrule 06-22-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budasac
Thanks for the input guys.

It's obvious from your screen name that your opinion is clearly unbiased. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Do you currently own one?

Been researching it a little and don't see any real complaints. Appears to be pretty widely used among law enforcement. I saw some mention of issues with the gen 3 model but no specifics.

Have a.19,21sf, 23, and soon a 30

Timothy_90 06-22-2013 01:55 PM

I love my Glock 23, it's never malfunctioned (though I've only put a few thousand rounds through it), I feel like it's the perfect size- I can get all my fingers on the grip and it's still small enough to hide under a button down shirt.

I drank the Glock Kool Aid and it was delicious.

Budasac 06-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gloksrule (Post 15594225)
Have a.19,21sf, 23, and soon a 30

Don't they have a 30s out now? I believe it's a 30 frame with a 36 slide. Smaller and lighter like the 36 but with an 11 round mag instead of the 36's 6 round mag.

HCallahan 06-23-2013 03:12 PM

Glocks are the anvils of handguns, almost impossible to break (almost). Glocks are incredibly reliable. I'd jump on that opportunity. For an amusing read on a torture test (it's on the internet it must be true, right?)
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90

JBTJ 06-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HCallahan (Post 15597834)
Glocks are the anvils of handguns, almost impossible to break (almost). Glocks are incredibly reliable. I'd jump on that opportunity. For an amusing read on a torture test (it's on the internet it must be true, right?)
http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90

Next to Sig's :thumbsup:

Budasac 06-24-2013 02:29 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna see him tomorrow and see what we can work out.

Also, I'm lookin for a .22 target pistol. Does anyone have a Baretta Neos? It's a little funky lookin' but has pretty good reviews and is affordable. The Neos Inux model with 6" barrel is <$400. Not too crazy about the angle of the grip though. Gone run down the street tomorrow and see if they have one I can hold.

gloksrule 06-24-2013 02:38 PM

Check out the ruger .22's also, tons of aftermarket stuff to customize to ur liking

JBTJ 06-24-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budasac (Post 15601879)
Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna see him tomorrow and see what we can work out.

Also, I'm lookin for a .22 target pistol. Does anyone have a Baretta Neos? It's a little funky lookin' but has pretty good reviews and is affordable. The Neos Inux model with 6" barrel is <$400. Not too crazy about the angle of the grip though. Gone run down the street tomorrow and see if they have one I can hold.

The Beretta Neos are a piece of crap, terrible trigger and just plain inaccurate. IMO the best .22 target pistol is the Ruger. Any of them with the bull barrel will do. They have the 22/45, MKII and like this one the MKIII. So many after market parts to make them even better. I just replaced the extractor and hammer and took it from a good shooter to a great one. All of my kids love to shoot this gun.
Plus you can take a coke bottle and stuff in some small pieces of foam in it, and then cut a small notch for the front sight to fit and make an excellent silencer. All you hear is the click of the hammer falling.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...ps28b01a45.jpg

bikenut155 06-24-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budasac
Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting a Glock 23 from a friend of mine who's looking to sell. It's a compact .40. Just wondering if anyone has one and has an opinion about it.

Thanks

I've owned a Glock 23 for several years, very good gun and trust my life to it daily. Excellent choice, get some high capacity mags while you can, before Oct. new gun law takes effect.

The time now is 12:41 PM.