Glock 19 or XDM 9mm? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Glock 19 or XDM 9mm?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
CharlieHo
Get Savvy

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow04tj View Post
Do you think 500 is a good price for a gen 4 with night sights?
Considering the market right now, I believe that is an excellent price

Try both, though. I don't care for the replaceable backstraps and finger grooves of a Gen4.

I have the ability to spell correctly, it's just that the autocorrect on my iPad will not permit it.
CharlieHo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 01:25 PM   #17
wingit

I like the XDM's

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wingit/wrangler][IMG]http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/204189.png[/IMG][/URL]
wingit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #18
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow04tj

You have me intrigued, I really like the fact that I could get a 33 round clip for the 9mm. I'm shooting them tomorrow, I will decide soon.

Does the generation of the glock make a big difference? My brother in law has 2 he will sell me, gen 4, night sights, 2 mags. $500. Or a gen 1 stock with 2 mags for a little less. He never gave me an actual price on that one
I'm not sure where you live but yes there are 33 rounders. Right now they might be a bit hard to get unless you wait a bit or you have a gun store that does a lot of volume(gun sales, mags,etc) like I do, they tend to get things in sooner. Personally If it was a gen 1 or 2 I would pick the Gen 4. It's newer more serviceable, parts are all over for Gen 4 Glocks, also it has the updated spring and the back straps if you choose to use them. I stippled my g19 and g22 and g23 for the texture and added grip and Glock frames fit my hand perfect.
If the Gen 4 has night sights and they still glow w/ 2 mags $500 isn't bad at all in this current political climate. Let us know what ya think.
Vonguido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
T8ter
1974 CJ5 

XDs 9mm
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #20
yellow04tj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys I think I we are going to work out a trade. I have a Marlin .17 with a bull barrel, thumbhole stock and all that jazz. Because my brother in law has the Glock, I'm going with it. I do like both guns and I will probably get the XDM this year too. My .17 and $250 for the Glock 19 gen 4 with night sights. We both get what we want.
yellow04tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #21
ajmorell

Seems like you're getting the raw end of that deal. I wouldn't throw more than $100-$150 on top of that 17 in trade
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
yellow04tj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I should have gave more info. I got the .17 for free. I have a mowing biz on the side and I started out years ago with a rider my dad gave me. It was in my barn for 4-5 years and a guy wanted it. I was going to give it to him and he said if it runs I will give you this .17 with glass. For me it was a win win, I got it out of my barn a got a gun. Anyway, I'm really not much on the .17 cause my wife and I always shoot .22's and I'm keeping my XD .40... For now
Unread 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #23
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Let us know what you think after you take the Glock out a few times.
Unread 02-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #24
yellow04tj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonguido
Let us know what you think after you take the Glock out a few times.
Will do. I'm selling my XD .40. Then I will get the XDM 9mm. I'm looking into reloading equipment as well. I'm excited to try my buddies reloader Friday. I think he has a Lee.
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:47 AM   #25
Vonguido
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow04tj

Will do. I'm selling my XD .40. Then I will get the XDM 9mm. I'm looking into reloading equipment as well. I'm excited to try my buddies reloader Friday. I think he has a Lee.
I have a lee single stage press and a hornady progressive press, the lee was my first press and it has always worked flawlessly.
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #26
Doctor7474
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just got the wife a G27 and I'm wanting this next....
Doctor7474 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
seattle_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What about the p226? I like it better than my glock 19. I'm more accurate with it as well.
seattle_yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #28
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle_yj View Post
What about the p226? I like it better than my glock 19. I'm more accurate with it as well.

I agree. I like the Sig's much more than the Glocks or Springfield.

JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I bought an XDm .40 compact last week. Put a ton of rounds through her this weekend. Couldn't be any happier with my purchase! That being said, both are great guns. If you have the chance to shoot them both, just pick up whichever gun feels better in your hand.

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
HCallahan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Glock v. Springfield XD
I'm not going to disparage the Springfield but the Glock has a very proven track record, is the dominant handgun in use by U.S. Law Enforcement and is a far simpler design. The Springfield is basically a copy of the Glock with some complex engineering to avoid patent infringement. The Springfield is not a bad pistol but the Glock would be my choice.
HCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.