Fishing thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Fishing thread

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budke View Post
I ALWAYS get jabbed by blue gill and the fins on cat fish. No matter what I tried they always slipped out of my hand and jabbed me.
Salt water catfish are the worst. One of their whiskers gets ya that spot will swell up to the size of a golf ball in a matter or minutes.
Key is to be confident, have a firm grip, and understand that the fish is way more scared than you are. You always have the upper hand. Literally.

The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Go to Heaven for the climate, go to Hell for the company.
Swagger_Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger_Wagon View Post
We found the pond and no one in the neighborhood cares that we fish there. It's literally in the middle of farmland. We always have people that live on the pond ask us if we're catching anything and they often feed the fish. We got lucky. No one ever bothers us. Good people around here.
Well that's not in the middle of the city in a country club with a bunch of yuppies playing golf. lol

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #33
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well that's not in the middle of the city in a country club with a bunch of yuppies playing golf. lol
Lol hey now. I'm a member of a country club and I sure as **** am not a yuppie. Google maps and local fishing forums are your friend. I'm sure you might stumble across some nice ponds with the help of the interwebs. It's how my roommate stumbled across this pond.
The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Its a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve. Okay, were a little crazy to have a Jeep for a daily driver. But if we go off our meds, we might wind up in a Prius
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Golf course ponds can be some of the best ponds to fish in. I've heard people say that all the fertilizer and chemicals they use make the fish into monsters. Also because the fishing pressure is usually low, it should make the fish easier to catch. Hell, the best spot I know of is a maybe 20 x 60 foot pool where two creeks meet at the top of a small lake. Most unassuming spot ever. I have never been skunked there and pulled out my personel best from there. A solid 5-6 pound fish like the one posted. I'll see if I have any pics. still and try to get them posted up soon.
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #35
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sure if I fished most of the courses I play at I'd be reeling in hogs. But golf is my other passion so I respect the wishes of the clubs, even though it may mean missing out on a lunker.
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lol hey now. I'm a member of a country club and I sure as **** am not a yuppie. Google maps and local fishing forums are your friend. I'm sure you might stumble across some nice ponds with the help of the interwebs. It's how my roommate stumbled across this pond.
Damn yuppies. lol. But if these people questioned me and found out I don't live there they would probably kick me out or try to get me for trespassing. But I would dip out and be at my house before the cops even got there. lol
But that is how I found this pond was by google maps. I know of a few good places around from talking to people and looking online but the jeep is down right now so I'm stuck to catching rides with frieds or riding my bike/walking.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Same fish

"You sure got a purdy mouth"
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #38
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sure if I fished most of the courses I play at I'd be reeling in hogs. But golf is my other passion so I respect the wishes of the clubs, even though it may mean missing out on a lunker.
I'd go fishing there anyways.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #39
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The country club golf course paid off today.
Caught this fat ****er today. Good 8-10lbs

And my buddy got this one

Colbert 2016!
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #40
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The country club golf course paid off today.
Caught this fat ****er today. Good 8-10lbs

And my buddy got this one

Sorry to break it to ya, but that is not an 8-10 lb bass
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #41
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It was a solid 8lbs. I have a 5lb weight right here and that fish weighed decently more than that.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah that isn't an 8-10lb bass.

This was 4.5 pounds and about the same size you caught. 8-10 pounds is a big bass. that's just too small.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #43
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

A 10 lb bass is a ****ing HOG. That's a sweet fish, but that's no pig lol.
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #44
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Idk, he was a fat ****er, I know for a fact he weighed more than 5lbs. Wish I had some money to go buy a fish scale.

Colbert 2016!
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #45
Swagger_Wagon
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Idk, he was a fat ****er, I know for a fact he weighed more than 5lbs. Wish I had some money to go buy a fish scale.
You can get an analog scale from bass pro for like 10$. My friends digital scale was like 18$.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.