Fishin Pole Holder?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Fishin Pole Holder??????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
JFL
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Fishin Pole Holder??????

Would like to know if anyone knows where to buy a lockable pole holder for Jeeps or have ideas on how to make one?

I hardly ever leave home with out atleast one pole. The other day I caught someone trying to steal my poles, with the top still on. The weather here is getting to the point of going topless and do not want my gear stolen.

I would like to keep my poles inside the Jeep.

JFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #2
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

You could always do something like this

My tire carrier locks them in there so they can't be removed. If worse comes to worse you could wrap a free gun lock around the tip of the baler and around the holder so it can't be removed. It would lock both rod and feel together with the holder.
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
aggiejon
1979 CJ7 

Had a thought on this...what about a heavy plastic (PVC perhaps) rod holder and drill a horizontal hole where you can put a solid bar or cable through above the reel so the rod is secure in the holder. One of those long tounge locks for a trailer would work for a single. Obviously not theft proof but prevents anyone from just walking by and easily snagging it off the back.
aggiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #4
WJangler04
2004 WJ 

You could build something along the lines of the box pictured below. I don't know exactly how much room you've got to work with in the back, but something like this with a PVC rod holder mounted to the back would keep your rods and, depending on the amount of room, some tackle locked up and covered. Only problem is it might be limited to top off use, unless you have 2 piece rods.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.