Dog Harness?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > Dog Harness??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW ZJ Grand Cherokee Tube DoorsGibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!

Unread 02-23-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dog Harness??

Looking for a good dog harness for an 80lb dog. I would love to find something secure enough for my dog to sit in the front seat and not fall out with the doors off. If such a thing exists I would love some suggestions!!

jeepspanky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Go to Petco or Petsmart, or any good pet store really, and they'll have harnesses the fasten in like a seatbelt. Works fine for my Shepard.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Really?? I feel like anything ive seen there my dog would fall out if I made a sharp turn and he was leaning the wrong way.
Unread 02-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The length is adjustable. My dog has been using one since the day I brought her home, in the YJ, without a top or doors, in the front seat....7 years ago.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 02-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #5
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok cool. Thanks for the advice! Ill have to look into it! Do you have any pictures of your dog harnessed in?
Unread 02-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepspanky View Post
Ok cool. Thanks for the advice! Ill have to look into it! Do you have any pictures of your dog harnessed in?

In the old YJ.

In the TJ.

Here she is wearing it, on pit stop.

This is what the part that connects to the harness and fastens into the seat belt looks like.

I give her just enough leash to lean her head out and see what's going on. She usually just lays in the back seat on the hwy, but in town she likes to stand up and look around.

Unread 02-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh... you dont keep him in the front seat though!!!
Unread 02-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #8
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics though. I love it!
Unread 02-24-2015, 05:56 PM   #9
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh... you dont keep him in the front seat though!!!
She likes to lay down, and is a bit too big to do that in the front seat, but I have had her up there. It works the same front or back.

Unread 02-24-2015, 06:09 PM   #10
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok. Ill give it a shot. My dog likes to sit in the front seat. I tried harnessing him in that back. He didnt like it and it made me uncomfortable not really being able to see him. Plus now I have too much stuff in the back.
Unread 02-24-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok. Ill give it a shot. My dog likes to sit in the front seat. I tried harnessing him in that back. He didnt like it and it made me uncomfortable not really being able to see him. Plus now I have too much stuff in the back.
Mine only rides up from if I have my trunk in and seat out.

Unread 03-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #12
texploration
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Looking for a good dog harness for an 80lb dog. I would love to find something secure enough for my dog to sit in the front seat and not fall out with the doors off. If such a thing exists I would love some suggestions!!

I just actually picked up {this one} in coyote tan.
I use a shortened lead clipped into a hook secured in the center of the tub and clipped on with a climbing caribiner. She doesn't budge!
Unread 03-01-2015, 05:59 PM   #13
jeepspanky
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh man! The link didnt work
Unread 03-01-2015, 07:15 PM   #14
Tollster
1980 CJ5 

Ruff wear make very good products, their harness's are some of the best in the industry and will last a lifetime.. They also have dog repelling harness's if you're so inclined..LOL

I got my dog the web master.. the aluminum anchor in in the back, so he can lean out when he want to sniff tail, and not get into trouble.. I have mine anchored in the middle of the upper roll bar, and when the rear seat is in the CJ, its on the floor in the middle, tied to both front seats.. they seem to work best for him. Always centered in the vehicle, and enough slack he can lay down on the seat or floor.
The web master also has a nice hand strap along the ridge of the back.

Tollster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #15
frankthomson
1986 CJ7 

i have a body harness similar to that, but i also drilled a hole in each L/R rollbar and put in a eye bolt appx 24" off floor, and connected a fat chain between the L/R rollbars, then connected my dog to the CENTER of it w/ a regular big brass key hook.

keeps my dog centered in the vehicle, and completely secured.....and looks pretty cool too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.