3k-Looking for a new road bike - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > 3k-Looking for a new road bike

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 08-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
3k-Looking for a new road bike

I've got permission from the wife to get a new roadie. Currently on a Specialized Roubaix, but it's like 6-7 years old and showing it's age. Any suggestions with three thousand dollars to spend? I'm hoping for full ultegra, with a solid wheelset (currently on Kyslium Elites but showing their age too).
I love the dimensions of the Specialized line, and especially love how supple and forgiving they are. I even ride a triple trainring, but want to move away from that to get a bigger BIG gear (I like going fast).

Anybody have suggestions for someone who rides about 150 miles or so a week? Oh and it's gotta be bomb proof since I weigh 210 (ALL MUSCLE MIND YOU).

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm spending 3k on a bike, its going to have a motor.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been riding a Trek 2.1 I bought in 2009 and its about time for me to upgrade. Was thinking carbon, but unless you are going to spend $5k+ you might be better off sticking with aluminum. A buddy of mine just bought a Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra and it seems to be a beautiful bike.

Cannondale CAAD 10
Unread 08-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Update. Found quite a few great bikes in the 2,500 area. A Pinarelli with a mix of ultegra and 105s, and believe it or not, but a 2013 Fuji SST 2.0 w/ full ultegra and upgraded wheelset to a Mavic Ksyrium Elite for 2450 with $200 in shop money thrown in...

Damn think I just talked myself into a bike.
Unread 08-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
PeteYJTJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm currently on a Trek 2.1 also, just 2 years old, and I love it, but Fuji does make some nice bikes. I had a Fuji before the new 2.1.

Good luck
Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.