3k-Looking for a new road bike - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Outdoor Recreation > 3k-Looking for a new road bike

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
3k-Looking for a new road bike

I've got permission from the wife to get a new roadie. Currently on a Specialized Roubaix, but it's like 6-7 years old and showing it's age. Any suggestions with three thousand dollars to spend? I'm hoping for full ultegra, with a solid wheelset (currently on Kyslium Elites but showing their age too).
I love the dimensions of the Specialized line, and especially love how supple and forgiving they are. I even ride a triple trainring, but want to move away from that to get a bigger BIG gear (I like going fast).

Anybody have suggestions for someone who rides about 150 miles or so a week? Oh and it's gotta be bomb proof since I weigh 210 (ALL MUSCLE MIND YOU).

Unread 08-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #2
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If I'm spending 3k on a bike, its going to have a motor.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've been riding a Trek 2.1 I bought in 2009 and its about time for me to upgrade. Was thinking carbon, but unless you are going to spend $5k+ you might be better off sticking with aluminum. A buddy of mine just bought a Cannondale CAAD 10 Ultegra and it seems to be a beautiful bike.

Cannondale CAAD 10
Unread 08-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Update. Found quite a few great bikes in the 2,500 area. A Pinarelli with a mix of ultegra and 105s, and believe it or not, but a 2013 Fuji SST 2.0 w/ full ultegra and upgraded wheelset to a Mavic Ksyrium Elite for 2450 with $200 in shop money thrown in...

Damn think I just talked myself into a bike.
Unread 08-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
PeteYJTJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I'm currently on a Trek 2.1 also, just 2 years old, and I love it, but Fuji does make some nice bikes. I had a Fuji before the new 2.1.

Good luck
Pete

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.