Zone lift kit. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

Zone lift kit.

I was looking at the zone off road lift kit and am very interested being that I love their products and that they are good quality. The only thing I am worried about is that the site says 05-07 Wk's I am looking at buying an 08 what is the difference between the years? Also would any one recommend another good lift as well? I hate the IFS.... sucks I thought the Grands had a SFA. Thanks in advance.

2008 Liberty Sport- Mods soon to come.
2004 Wj Columbia Edition- Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 10-11-2011, 06:16 AM
BonesWK
2006 WK 

http://zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=365&gr=-1

I'm guessing this is the kit you are referring to?

Honestly I've never seen that kit before I looked it up. Interesting....

If you are looking for a 4" that has been used on a 08+ look at the superlift. Honestly though the zone is 500$ cheaper than superlift

Ryan
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II SOLD

Current - 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
post #3 of 20 Old 10-11-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

I have used zone before and they are BDS's sister company but I think I still have access to a bds kit if its still available lol.

post #4 of 20 Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 AM
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

the zone is only $200 cheaper after you order the module that's included with the superlift kit. they sneak that little tidbit in one of their notes by making it look like you may not need it

-Matt
post #5 of 20 Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 AM
BonesWK
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
the zone is only $200 cheaper after you order the module that's included with the superlift kit. they sneak that little tidbit in one of their notes by making it look like you may not need it
good catch - go with the superlift

Ryan
2006 Black WK Limited 4.7 4x4 QD II SOLD

Current - 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
post #6 of 20 Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I was looking at the zone off road lift kit and am very interested being that I love their products and that they are good quality. The only thing I am worried about is that the site says 05-07 Wk's I am looking at buying an 08 what is the difference between the years? Also would any one recommend another good lift as well? I hate the IFS.... sucks I thought the Grands had a SFA. Thanks in advance.
Quote:

We only list models and years that we have test fit, and at this point we have not installed our kit on a 2008+ WK.

Regarding the need for the EGR module - None of the vehicles we test fit with our kit in our R&D shop required it. We understand some vehicles may react differently and we do not try to surprise you with added parts that may need to be purchased, which is why the note was added.

Like sk1er18 said, even if you do end up needing the EGR module we are still $200 less.

-Steve

www.ZoneOffroad.com

"Like" Zone Offroad on Facebook

BLOG | CUSTOMER RIDES GALLERY | YOUTUBE CHANNEL | PROJECT MJ BUILD

PM us for details on our current Jeep Forum promotion. If you have any questions about our products, post in our section or shoot me a PM.
post #7 of 20 Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Has the kit been changed to now provide a full 4" of lift in the front? I know of a couple of guys that installed this kit and ended up swapping it out for the SL because the front was lacking height.

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
post #8 of 20 Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Has the kit been changed to now provide a full 4" of lift in the front? I know of a couple of guys that installed this kit and ended up swapping it out for the SL because the front was lacking height.
Do you know if they contacted our tech department regarding their ride height concern or if they recorded the before and after measurements?

I haven't heard of ride heights being an issue. It could be possible the additional strut pre-load spacer that is included in the kit was not installed if a strut compressor was not available at the time.

www.ZoneOffroad.com

PM us for details on our current Jeep Forum promotion. If you have any questions about our products, post in our section or shoot me a PM.
post #9 of 20 Old 10-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

Here is a really good write up and comparison between the ZONE (BDS) and SL:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ight=superlift

To jump straight to the good stuff on post #105:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...erlift&page=11

See How It Was Made

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
post #10 of 20 Old 10-17-2011, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Kennedy
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone_Offroad View Post
We only list models and years that we have test fit, and at this point we have not installed our kit on a 2008+ WK.

Regarding the need for the EGR module - None of the vehicles we test fit with our kit in our R&D shop required it. We understand some vehicles may react differently and we do not try to surprise you with added parts that may need to be purchased, which is why the note was added.

Like sk1er18 said, even if you do end up needing the EGR module we are still $200 less.

-Steve
Would you be interested in test fitting the 08 I am in Toledo and would drive it up to you guys once I pick it up. I think your an hour and some change from me plus my g/f and I would stay at her cottage in Reading lol.

post #11 of 20 Old 10-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by omelet View Post
Here is a really good write up and comparison between the ZONE (BDS) and SL:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ight=superlift

To jump straight to the good stuff on post #105:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...erlift&page=11
I have passed these links on to my R&D department to review. They are busy with SEMA prep and 2012 applications but are going to look into it and get back with me.

Even though XKs are known to have a similar platform to the WK, we do not list our kit to work on a XK. When we released the kit we only intended for it to be used on 05-07 WK models and based on customer feedback and our test fit measurements they all achieved the full 4".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Would you be interested in test fitting the 08 I am in Toledo and would drive it up to you guys once I pick it up. I think your an hour and some change from me plus my g/f and I would stay at her cottage in Reading lol.
We appreciate the assistance Kennedy, but at this time we do not plan on releasing our kit for the 08+ model WKs. Reason being their seems to be a common issue with front differential failures on 08+ models after being lifted. If plans change, we will certainly keep you in mind.

www.ZoneOffroad.com

post #12 of 20 Old 10-21-2011, 03:20 PM
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone_Offroad View Post

We appreciate the assistance Kennedy, but at this time we do not plan on releasing our kit for the 08+ model WKs. Reason being their seems to be a common issue with front differential failures on 08+ models after being lifted. If plans change, we will certainly keep you in mind.
Hello Zone_Off, Is this an isolated situation with respect to your product on an 08+ WK? Or is this correlation observed among all 08+ WK's? And is there a maximum suggested lift for 08+ WK's?

Thanks in advance

AJ

All Gear, No Skill.
post #13 of 20 Old 10-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Hello Zone_Off, Is this an isolated situation with respect to your product on an 08+ WK? Or is this correlation observed among all 08+ WK's? And is there a maximum suggested lift for 08+ WK's?

Thanks in advance

AJ
It seems to be among a lot of 08+ WKs, regardless of whos 4" kit is installed. Knowing this, at this point we do not plan to test our kit nor list it for 08+ models.

The issue seems to be most common on 4" systems.

www.ZoneOffroad.com

post #14 of 20 Old 10-21-2011, 05:17 PM
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

What part of the front differential is failing?

-Matt
post #15 of 20 Old 10-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Zone_Offroad
O|V|E|N|D|O|R|O

1990 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
What part of the front differential is failing?
Based on what we have been told it seems to be an issue with the differentials oiling system and/or the rear output bearing.

www.ZoneOffroad.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.