yet another JK takeoff thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > yet another JK takeoff thread

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
bhawks28
2009 WK 

yet another JK takeoff thread

I know this question has been asked before, but I want to be absolutely sure and have peace of mind. I'm eyeing a set of 5 BFGoodich Mud Terrain 255/75/17 on Moab wheels from a 2011 JK. I have the OME HD lift on my '09 3.7L WK. Will I be able to fit these wheels/tires? From what I've read, I'll probably need to use my spidertraxx spacers (1.5") to clear the caliper, is this correct? And will I need to trim UCA bolt or do the pinch weld mod? thanks for the info guys

Unread 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

I don't think pinch weld is necessary with 255. My 265 m-t barely hit the fender mold on the pinch weld. Also should clear the UCA bolt just fine as well
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
Tbonfire
2006 WK 

That's with spacers of course
Tbonfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #4
Scottso699
2006 WK 

I have these tires on the factory rims with 1.25 inch spacers - no rubbing on the upper control arm bolt and no rubbing on the pinch weld unless I am flexing and turning.

2006 WK Overland
2014 WK2 Limited
Scottso699 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #5
bhawks28
2009 WK 

awesome thanks for the info guys
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
WieSeL

You will need at least a 7/32 spacer to clear the caliper. 1.5 inch isn't necessary
WieSeL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #7
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

My brother has a 11' JK Sport and my dad has a '12 JK Rubicon.

My dad bought all new wheels and tires for his jeep, and gave his brand new BFG Mud Terrain Moabs to my brother to replace his.

So now I have a totally free set of moabs from my brothers jeep. But its got the smaller and less aggressive sport model tire on it. (GoodYear Wrangler SR-A 255-75).They are smaller than the Rubicon mud terrains.

Either way, right now im poor. Getting married in a month.... house hunting etc etc. So with no lift I decided to just see if they would fit. First off, the moab wheels didn't fit at. They were hitting my brake calipers. (Now I need spacers)

So without Hi-jacking your thread. Would those fit on my jeep with just spacers and no lift? Or am I just wishing for too much?
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
My brother has a 11' JK Sport and my dad has a '12 JK Rubicon.

My dad bought all new wheels and tires for his jeep, and gave his brand new BFG Mud Terrain Moabs to my brother to replace his.

So now I have a totally free set of moabs from my brothers jeep. But its got the smaller and less aggressive sport model tire on it. (GoodYear Wrangler SR-A 255-75).They are smaller than the Rubicon mud terrains.

Either way, right now im poor. Getting married in a month.... house hunting etc etc. So with no lift I decided to just see if they would fit. First off, the moab wheels didn't fit at. They were hitting my brake calipers. (Now I need spacers)

So without Hi-jacking your thread. Would those fit on my jeep with just spacers and no lift? Or am I just wishing for too much?
I think you'll have some rubbing http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2...-lift-1477880/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.