Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray, CO - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray, CO

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 08-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #16
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernblueWK View Post
I want to do imogene and black bear next year.
They make for a fun day, I'm glad I made the trip out.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #17
oldsmoke
2009 WK 

Nice Photos

Quote:
I want to do imogene and black bear next year.
I am in the modern blue club as well similarly equiped to you. Are you Quad Drive or Quad Trac?
Unread 08-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #18
modernblueWK

Quadra trac II.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Just did Alpine Loop, Imogene, Black Bear Yankee, Governor and others a cpl weeks ago. QDII ate'em up! This is the only pic I could get to download
imogene-pass.jpg

Unread 08-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #20
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcolin2351 View Post
Just did Alpine Loop, Imogene, Black Bear Yankee, Governor and others a cpl weeks ago.
Me too! That's quite the drive from Illinois, did you trailer?

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #21
BigDaveZJ
1995 ZJ 

If you thought Yankee Boy was challenging for your rig, stay off of Black Bear. Also, for an easier route on Yankee Boy, stay to the left at the Y right after the public toilet. Stick to that side on the way back down too. We ran it in our stock WK2 last week, only issue we had was on that section that's driver's choice. We took the WK2 over Black Bear as well, WILL NOT be doing that again. It's not an exceptionally challenging trail, but there's a stretch that needs more clearance and articulation than what a stock WK or WK2 has to offer.
Unread 08-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #22
modernblueWK

Yeah i took the Y to the right on yankee boy. Choice lines made it passable but the pucker factor was high.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #23
Tcolin2351
2006 WK 

Quote:
Yeah i took the Y to the right on yankee boy. Choice lines made it passable but the pucker factor was high.
Same here! I took thew other route on the way down though. Fun trail. We only got about half of Governor done because they were working on the road
Unread 08-25-2014, 09:01 PM   #24
gornoman
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
If you thought Yankee Boy was challenging for your rig, stay off of Black Bear... We took the WK2 over Black Bear as well, WILL NOT be doing that again. It's not an exceptionally challenging trail, but there's a stretch that needs more clearance and articulation than what a stock WK or WK2 has to offer.
I have done Black Bear in our stock WK. The Jeep handled it perfectly, never made me wish for more vehicle. I would drive it again in a heartbeat, but I wouldn't want to do it on a rainy day. That would be more pucker than I want to deal with.....
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.