Yakima spare tire carrier with Rola roof rack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Yakima spare tire carrier with Rola roof rack

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
naidib04
2006 WK 

Yakima spare tire carrier with Rola roof rack

Just wondering if anyone is using the Yakima spare tire carrier designed for their load warrior and mega warrior baskets on the rola roof rack basket.

This is the product I am referring to.
http://www.yakima.com/shop/cargo/gea...e-tire-carrier

If anyone knows of any other carriers similar to this that work with the rola let me know.

Blue WK Club Member #35
naidib04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
06WKHEMI
2006 WK 

I'm interested to know also
2006 Black wk overland HEMI QDII. OME HD bilstein struts with 58643 monroe load levelers RRO uca, afe cold air intake,hella 500FF behind grille, RC 1.5 wheel spacers s4xc cb antenna mount with 5ft firestik and midland 1001wx CB,265/70-17 falken rockymountain ats, pinch weld mod, door lock mod, Rola basket with 2 Hella 500 FF`s.
06WKHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naidib04
Just wondering if anyone is using the Yakima spare tire carrier designed for their load warrior and mega warrior baskets on the rola roof rack basket.

This is the product I am referring to.
http://www.yakima.com/shop/cargo/gea...e-tire-carrier

If anyone knows of any other carriers similar to this that work with the rola let me know.
Do you have an REI near you? (REi.com)
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
0321Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick View Post
Do you have an REI near you? (REi.com)
Yeah there is one in town.

Blue WK Club Member #35
Unread 05-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:

Yeah there is one in town.
So I would get the spare carrier from them and test it out. If it doesn't work or isn't to your liking you can return it. No questions asked and full refund.
KHAKI CLUB #65
2006 WK 4.7L V8 - Modified OME HD with Bilstein 5125s (28" length); JBA UCA; JKS Rear Discos; K&N CAI; PowerStop Discs; HyperTech; TOYO Open Country AT IIs 285/70/17; + some other goodies
Unread 05-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
naidib04
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0321Nick

So I would get the spare carrier from them and test it out. If it doesn't work or isn't to your liking you can return it. No questions asked and full refund.
True but that's assuming they have one

Blue WK Club Member #35
Unread 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
0321Nick
2006 WK 

Quote:

True but that's assuming they have one
You may have to special order it, but I know that in a couple weeks (end of may) all Yakima products will be 20% off. insider information ;-)
KHAKI CLUB #65
Unread 09-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
njwarrior89

did anyone ever figure out if the yakima spare tire carrier would mount to the rola roof rack??? thanks
njwarrior89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #9
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah it works. Had to drill the holes slightly bigger to make install a bit easier.

Unread 09-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #10
njwarrior89

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk1er18 View Post
Yeah it works. Had to drill the holes slightly bigger to make install a bit easier.

Great! Im receiving the rack and snowboard mounts today, ill b purchasing the tire mount next. Thanks for the help.
njwarrior89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.