XK Lift Effect on Value?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > XK Lift Effect on Value??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

XK Lift Effect on Value??

At 112k miles, the struts and shocks on my XK need replacing and the front springs seem to be sagging a little under the weight of the Hemi. Due to that and the fact I want it, I would like to install a full OME HD lift in the coming months.

I have no plans of getting rid of the Commander, but you never know what the future brings so I was curious what I would be doing to the value or resale ability by installing a lift on an XK?

Perhaps the question would also apply to a WK. I don't expect to recoup the cost of the lift or mods, I just don't want to cause depreciation or find it difficult to sell/trade (as opposed to an un-lifted Commander) if I needed . I wouldn't do any other significant upgrades. I want to keep factory wheels and add spacers and go with a 265/70 AT-nothing too aggressive. It wouldn't look too much like an off-road rig. To me, it would look like it should have from the factory...

Anyhow, I've sold a mildly lifted JK and TJ before, but that is a different market than an XK/WK...

Thoughts? Thanks!

Unread 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
Anon155
2005 WK 

The OME HD lift would actually improve your ride quality quite a bit. I've only seen 1 XK in my area with a OME lift for sale. But at the time he was selling it for a bit more than value because the lift and tires were rather new. I don't think you'd be hurting your overall resale value much since it is full a suspension lift. It may even increase the value depending on when/if you sell it. You're not drastically changing anything, like a Superlift for example. I say have some fun with it while you own it! Worse case scenario is you have to throw some stock springs/tires on it before selling it. But I think there would be plenty of people out there willing to buy an already lift XK with OME lift.
05 Jeep Grand Cherokee: ORT 4X4; Khaki #55
Too many mod's to list...
Anon155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #3
Drew
2007 WK 

Unless you know the person your selling it to it's not going to help with the value, and can make it more difficult to sell. When buying used the market is larger for people looking for stock, unmolested vehicles than modded ones. Your average person will tend to shy away from modifications.
However, a small spacer lift with a size or two larger tires is probably not going to create much of an issue. It's not that large of a change. Same with a dealer. It's probably not going to hurt you but your not getting extra for it either....
I'd say go for it if your looking to do it.
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
msfulcher77
2008 XK Commander 

Thanks for your perspectives. I'll probably go for it and keep the old springs and if I need to I could spend a weekend returning to stock...
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfulcher77
Thanks for your perspectives. I'll probably go for it and keep the old springs and if I need to I could spend a weekend returning to stock...
There ya go!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.