Xk hydraulic cooling fan issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Xk hydraulic cooling fan issues

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
manhands
2007 XK Commander 

Xk hydraulic cooling fan issues

well where do i start,
blew the hemi in my 07 commander , after get junk yard motor in i have no ps or fan running . the power steering works above idle but fan never comes in , even when it warms up . tried replacing pump already and have vacuumed the ps system as recommended. any help would be great.

manhands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
YB Normyl
2008 WK 

Does the fan spin at all? I read somewhere that the fan should spin a little as the fluid circulates. The fan itself is actuated by the engine controller wired to the back of the fan, at the fan it controls the amount of fluid driving it.
YB Normyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
manhands
2007 XK Commander 

fan turned first time cranked after swapping motor , blem return hose off fan on test run and now nothing at all.
Unread 09-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

what does "the power steering works above idle" mean?
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:29 AM   #5
kentman
2006 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhands View Post
blew the hemi in my 07 commander
What ruined the Hemi? If it was overheating, maybe your fan and/or fan solenoid is toast.

I recently replaced all this gear on the WJ. I did fan, pump, all high pressure lines, cooler, steering gear, radiator, condenser, water pump, etc. One of my issues was the aftermarket pumps. They were all crap. An OEM pump worked like a champ.

Make sure that all your lines are installed in the proper locations. There is a picture in the FSM.

For bleeding the system, you need to have the wheels off the ground and slowly rotate the wheel lock-to-lock for like 20 times. I would do that procedure a few times if needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.