Wood steering wheel for an 05 limited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Wood steering wheel for an 05 limited?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #1
JGCL0215
2005 WK 

Wood steering wheel for an 05 limited?

I just bought a 05 GC Limited fully loaded and i wanted to get the wood steering wheel thats in an 06 overland. I cant find it anywhere online except this one site that want to charge 700 dollars. if anyone knows where to find them on the web or has any suggestions, could you please let me know. Thanks!

JGCL0215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #2
mayor_bloom
2005 WK 

I have it. I have an 05 limited as well. The wood grain and color doesn't match.
mayor_bloom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
mayor_bloom
2005 WK 

it is not installed!
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
JGCL0215
2005 WK 

No i have the light color steering wheel already installed but it has a bunch of marks and is in kinda bad shape from the previous owner. I was looking to buy a new one but i just wanted to see if the wooden steering wheel would be better than the all leather.
Unread 02-27-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
Burtman88
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I was wanting the same on my jeep.i have the leather steering wheel iam just worried becasue on my old jeep the leather seemed to get messed up and worn easily since i drove it a lot.
Burtman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
JGCL0215
2005 WK 

Here is what mine looks like with 45000 miles on it.
Unread 02-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
JGCL0215
2005 WK 

Will the newer limited 2-tone steering wheels fit onto an 05?
Unread 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Burtman88
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yah this makes me want to go and buy a cover right now so i dont have to worry about waring down like that i am only at 24000 miles and i can see it wearing a little
Burtman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
mayor_bloom
2005 WK 

Ok, here is what I am saying===> Yes the leather will match as long as you follow the color code, mine is J1 (its the last 2 digits in the trim color code). The wood grain and wood color on the overland wheel will not match the limited wood. I wanted to do this change and purchased a used 06 overland wheel, which looks great. Now to have all my wood grain match I will have to search junk yards, ebay, etc. to find the matching center console and power window bezels. FYI, Just for jeeps sells these and are around $1200 for the 4 parts to match the wheel.
I hope this helps, if you search this forum there is a steering wheel recinditioning company, can't remember the name. I called them and it was around $450 to recover the wheel to new condition, can't remember if this included wood.
Unread 02-28-2010, 08:25 AM   #10
brutusjeep
2006 WK 

That leather wheel looks terrible! Don't forget the clean and dress your steering wheel leather just like everything else. Plus, I know that women who where a lot of rings can eat a steering wheel.
2006 GC Limited, 5.7L HEMI, Quad II. 4XGUARD Belly & Front (black powder coat) skid plates. Matrix front guard, PIAA Matrix mounted lights, 265/70 Nitto Trail Graplers MT, 1.5" Spider Trax spacers, Super Chips Tuner, OME MD Lift, 4XGUARD differential guard, JBA UCA'S.
brutusjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 02:14 AM   #11
mronseth
2005 WK 

I have a slate gray steering wheel in my WH 05 - when I clean it with a baby-wipe (it was lying around in the car...) the color seems to come off! There's no alcohol in the wipe, and still the color comes off. I moist my thumb with spit and rub, and I get gray residue on my finger. The surface undernearth the color does not look like leather to me at all, more like plastic of some sorts...

I'm going to look for that wood steering wheel....

Cheers,

-Morten
mronseth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #12
JMorash
2005 WK 

I use lysol wipes on mine. with the scrubs. and it works like a charm. however my steering wheel doesnt look as bad as yours and i got 90k on my jeep.
HEMI Club Member #28

3.5 Rock crawler lift.265/65R17 Toyo AT SuperChips Flashpaq MDS delete
JMorash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #13
suzieque
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusjeep View Post
That leather wheel looks terrible! Don't forget the clean and dress your steering wheel leather just like everything else. Plus, I know that women who where a lot of rings can eat a steering wheel.
X2

I put a cover on my wheel soon as I bought the jeep, I've done that with all my vehicles, when I sell the vehicle, the cover comes off and the wheel looks new.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver exterior, light graystone interior, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, C213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, C200FE front differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires (stock summer tires), NV245 transfer case, GT2056V turbo, 3.0L CRD (OM642.980)
suzieque is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #14
Texas WJ
Web Wheeler

2005 WK 

This is my second Jeep, the first an '02 WJ, and it's second time I'm replacing the wheel. Kinda aggravating. Mine seem to last about 50,000 miles before they start to get funky. Intense heat in the summer + greasy hands/sweat + ring, makes a mess I guess.

Blech. I hope Chrysler stepped up it's game here with the WK2.
Unread 08-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #15
grebesjeep
2005 WK 

I also wanted to get the overland wood steering wheel for my limited. I now the wood doesn't match perfect, but seeing that the wheel isn't to close to any of the wood pieces it should be ok right??? Any input would be great.
05’ WK GC, Hemi, REC/VES, 2.25” RR lift, 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2’s, Rubicon wheels, k&N CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, Factory underbody steel skid, Factory transfer steel skid, Homemade front skid, Homemade rocksliders. Commander shift nob, Nav in motion cheat, Rola roof rack, Bilstein's, Rear air bags and remote compressor, factory projector/HID retrofit, front and rear SRT8 sway bars, chrome front tow hooks….thats it for now.
grebesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.