WK Winch Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Winch Bumper

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

WK Winch Bumper

Well, I'm officially making the move over from JU. I haven't been very active over there for a year or two, and after speaking with Kolak a couple of weeks ago, he said this was this place to be. So with that...

Where can I find a #$*% winch bumper for an 05 WK?!?!! No, in all seriousness, Aspen Creek is going out of business and I'm personally not a fan of the ARB setup. Any ideas out there short of performing a mod similar to Omelets and cutting the factory stuff apart? I would like to have a metal bumper if possible (that way I can make the mistake of trying to paint match with powder coat )

Thanks!

Unread 10-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

Not much for alternatives out there, ARB is about it for an actual bumper. 4XGuard has the matrix and Steel Armadillo is suppose to be in the process of designing one but no word out yet. Unfortunately, it seems our model of Grand. Cherokee has been forgotten. The WK2 has a lot more aftermarket stuff for it.
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

I was afraid I'd hear that. The only other alternative I found was Blue Lake Outdoors

I'll still keep on monitoring this thread, hoping someone else will know something. It's sad to think the WK2 is getting more accessories than the WK did, and it isn't even as capable offroad.
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Welcome home

BAH101 is right - there really aren't any good options for bumpers for us.
I'm talking to a couple of local fabricators, and trying to con(vince) them into making one. at this point, I have no idea if they will, or what it would cost. Supposed to be meeting with them this weekend, but I'm not getting my hopes up too far... If I can get them to make me one.. maybe I can convince them to making 5 or 10 or ...

If Aspen Creek would share their design docs for their bumpers, I bet I could find someone to start making them, but I certainly don't have the $$ for purchasing intellectual property.
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinShep View Post
Welcome home

BAH101 is right - there really aren't any good options for bumpers for us.
I'm talking to a couple of local fabricators, and trying to con(vince) them into making one. at this point, I have no idea if they will, or what it would cost. Supposed to be meeting with them this weekend, but I'm not getting my hopes up too far... If I can get them to make me one.. maybe I can convince them to making 5 or 10 or ...

If Aspen Creek would share their design docs for their bumpers, I bet I could find someone to start making them, but I certainly don't have the $$ for purchasing intellectual property.
Count me in if it gives some leverage to get one made. I'm personally looking for something lower profile like the Saguaro was -- in other words, I don't want full brush guard like the ARB. I don't care about fogs or aux lighting unless they are allowing for countersunk LED bars/squares. Shackles/recovery points are a must.

If you think our ideas line up, then let's see if we can get some fabricator a reoccurring product line!
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #6
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

Redacted

Unread 10-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
fafafofi

2006 WK 

Pics? Id definitely drop some coin for a nice winch setup. My wife would like it if I got the winch out if the living room too
fafafofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
JeepinShep
2007 WK 

Hop over on this thread: www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/group-buy-saguaro-wk-bumper-respond-10-8-a-1643953/
2007 WK Limited, Red Rock Crystal, 3.0L CRD, QD-II. OME HD lift. 255x75x17s. Pinchweld mod. 1.5" Alloy hub-centric spacers. F/R Stillen rotors and pads. 4xG rear diff guard and belly armor. Tuned by Green Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch
...you never, ever, skimp on suspension and tires as they will save your *** when you do something stupid - and .. you *will* do something stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings
Rock crawling is a whole 'nother animal. To me, the off-camber low rpm negotiation of lines provides a different type of adrenaline than plowing through mud. It's terrifying at times, but the pride of looking back at what you just climbed over is what is addictive.
JeepinShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #9
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

custom I don't have a winch so I didn't make it for a winch
bumper2.jpg  
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #10
R4TCHET
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jeepman
custom I don't have a winch so I didn't make it for a winch
I plan on making one like this eventually. Your bumper is sick

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
| (dark)KHAKI WK CLUB MEMBER 17 | 2005 4.7L QTII | JBA UCAs | Modified OME MD 3.5" lift | Rusty's Adj. track bar | 4XG Matrix | 285/70r17 Duratracs | 17" KMC Enduro Wheels | Rola Roof Rack | 21" Bean LED Light bar on Roof Rack | 2 12" Punch P3 Subs | Expanded Sheet Grille | SA Sliders |
R4TCHET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #11
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4TCHET View Post
I plan on making one like this eventually. Your bumper is sick

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone using JeepForum
Thanks I actually sold this one I plan on making one for a winch soon
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #12
ttusqrl
WK Supporter
2005 WK 

All,

First, let me offer an apology. I had attained permission re: the saguaro group buy, however neither of us realized it violated the new group buy rules. As such, I am not going to violate the JF rules. I will still be pursuing an avenue to purchase one of these, but I will not be using JF in any form to do so. This is a good community, and I would hate to be involuntarily removed from said community. If you have PMed me, I will not be responding to these PMs anymore. I feel this is fair to JF since I will be continuing my quest to organize this, and it removes any question of if I improperly used JF.

I wish you all the best on finding a winch bumper for your WK. I'll make sure I post pics when I get mine installed!

Thanks,
Tyler
Unread 10-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
lekmedm
2007 XK Commander 

Tactical Armor Group has something for the WK.
2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Wrangler Silent Armors / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Caroline Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / Activated: DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29 Chrome CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights / Sylvania Silverstars Ultra hi/low & yellow fogs / Optima yellow top
"4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman
lekmedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #14
PeoriaXK
2006 XK Commander 

Steel Armadillo is working up something.
PeoriaXK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #15
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lekmedm
Tactical Armor Group has something for the WK.
Supposedly they have questionable business practices. They make find bumpers but one guy here bought a bumper from them and received no emails, updates or phone calls. They could not be reached over the phone and did not respond to emails.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.