WK trade in value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK trade in value

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 08-16-2013, 06:02 AM   #1
marioct
2007 WK 

WK trade in value

Ok, so I have the all too familiar story. My wife is pregnant but our story has a twist. We are expecting triplets.

So minivan hunting we go. We have a WK2 Overland and my DD WK Hemi Limited. Guess which has to go.

My WK Hemi Limited has every option known. I am getting low ball offers from the dealer.

I would rather have someone on here buy it for that price than give it away.
It has 119,000 miles, tan pearl, 1 year old BFG Rugged trails, All maint done at dealer(T-case, Diffs, etc), Leather, Uconnect, Factory steel skid plate, remote start(factory), rain sense wipers, Navigation, back up camera, heated seats, etc

What is my best action? They are offering just about 11.2K.

Thanks for the help

marioct is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Either tell the dealer you won't take anything less than bluebook or better (say 500-1000 over bb) because they'll turn around next day and put it on the lot for at least that much more than they give you. Make them at least come out even on your WK and make 500-1000 over invoice on the minivan.

Or just sell it private party is your best bang for the buck.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
ca07wk
2007 WK 

Go in to the dealer get the best price you can on the mini van, ask to see the invoice, they should show it to you. Once your satisfied with the price your going to pay start haggling the trade in price on the WK, if your not happy with what they say get up and walk out, dont say anything just stand up and leave, they will call you back. Ive done that alot, even for friends, I got my wifes WK2 for $100 over invoice with a free sunroof, as well as excellent BB value for the trade in. You have to try to out sell the car salesmen. Google some of the secrets to buying a car, you'd be surprised what you can get new cars for.
ca07wk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.