WK threw 4 CODES!!! HELP!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK threw 4 CODES!!! HELP!!!

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #16
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

I am guessing you're talking about the strut support bar that goes over the top of the engine?? If that's it, it's bolted to the strut towers on both sides. Not too hard to do. Make sure you've checked everything else first though. Don't want to tear into the engine if you don't have to.....just more potential headaches. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
OTownDaddy
2007 XK Commander 

My wiring looked good, no obvious issues. Only found a single ground running back to the PCM and it looked good. So annoying.
Unread 06-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
bwiggins1985

Could you take some pictures of what all you looked at? I am so lost all the wires I have in mine are wrapped in wire wraps so I am going to have to unwrap all of them. This is becoming such a pain...
bwiggins1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #19
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggins1985 View Post
Where could I get the PID reader? Do you know where I could find a diagram of the wiring harness?
I only know about the DashDAQ XL. However, I would think a good mechanic may have one from Snap-On to check it. My DashDAQ XL ran about $700 with the Chrysler-specific PID's; the Snap-On runs about $5,000 and probably has the capability. Both are pricey for a 1-time shot. Try a good mechanic first....should be a lot less costly.

My MOPAR '08 WK FSM gives all of the wiring schematics, wiring connections, runs, and splices.....but it's hard copy and 6 volumes. There is a WK service manual posted somewhere on this forum you can download for free. Need to do a search to find it. I did (but unfortunately do not know how to attach it here). Might provide most of what you need.

Once the wires run into the wiring loom, the runs and splices are a pain to follow. You can try using a mechanic's mirror and a flashlight to look up the backside of the space beneath the intake manifold in order to see if there is anything obviously wrong. Not sure if this will work 'cause it's kind of crowded back there. I suggest you do everything else first before tackling that mess.

We'll keep following you to see if we have any other non-functional suggestions. The good news is they are free.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #20
90grandoneer
2006 WK 

Walt, I addressed some of these same items in a PM to Brian. Maybe he'll post it up here for all to see. I hadn't thought about the splice angle. That's a great suggestion. Does the FSM actually show the splices and where thay're located in the loom?

OTownDaddy, one of the things I talked about was the integrity of the grounds, especially if you live in an area where everything gets real wet. Bottom line, you can't always see a problem ground.
06 GCO, Dk Khaki, QDII, Flshing Hi 3rd Bk Lt, MDS "ON" Lt, Airtab Vortex Gens, Debadged, Fumoto Drain Valve, BT Catch Can, Chopped EGR Tube, SRT8 CAI, K&N Filter, Sonnax Trans Line Press Booster, SC Tuner W/Adv Trans Tune App, DS Tuner, Cust tubular hdrs w/3 in Magnaflow/Xlerator AP Exh Sys, Bilsteins, SRT Springs/Sways, Cust Eng Cvr, SRT8 frt/rear bumpers, FRI Sidewinder Cam/6.1 valvetrain, SLP 25% UD Pulley, BBK true 90mm T-Body, SOS Ign Coils w/.060 spark plug gaps, SRT Reps with 265/45&295/40X20's.
90grandoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
OTownDaddy
2007 XK Commander 

That's a fact. It's a really annoying thing to try to dig through. And, after all that, once it went back together, I haven't heard a peep from the 4 codes of the apocalypse. I hate the feeling, because things like this just don't fix themselves.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Walt
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90grandoneer View Post
... I hadn't thought about the splice angle. That's a great suggestion. Does the FSM actually show the splices and where thay're located in the loom?.....
Yes, it does. Shows wiring schematics, wiring harness runs, splices, and splice locations. No longer does the wire run from point A to point B, especially with the added fun of the CAN bus. The connectors are now mainly at the devices. Sometimes the wiring color code changes also.

The '08 WK FSM cost me $150 for the 6-volume hard copy set (used). I prefer to have it handy when I work on the Silver Ghost and its attendant electrical gremlins.
HEMI CLUB MEMBER #45; SILVER WK CLUB MEMBER #13
'08 WK GC Limited. 5.7L HEMI. Quadra-Trac II. Bright Silver Metallic. Class IV hitch.
Michelin LTX M/S tires. Fumoto oil drain valve. Billet Technology oil catch can.
Walt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.