WK Teraflex Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Teraflex Lift

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
emtff57
2007 WK 

WK Teraflex Lift

Hey guys,

New to the forum and a current member of JG. This is definitely more impressive so I am swaying my interest over to this forum.

Anyway, I am seriously looking into lifting my WK. It has been stock since I bought it almost two years ago and hate the stock height. I was going to go with the 2" Rough Country lift but a friend recommended a Teraflex lift. He has a JK and is installing a Teraflex lift in it this weekend and said he would do mine for free if I supplied the kit and ONLY the Teraflex kit (seems kinda devoted to them). Anyway, I have done some looking around and have seen a lot of guys with a RC lift but none with Teraflex.

Any thoughts on this guys and gals? Does it seem like a good lift?

Just for reference the serial number for the Teraflex lift is #1361200.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Joe

emtff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Nobody I have seen runs one and I don't really blame them haha. They want almost $300 for a BB lift when you can get a BB from rough country with better materials for half the price. The teraflop rear spacers look like the poly spacers.
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

A friend recommended a poly spacer over a metal one and its more expensive, said friend also said he won't help if you don't get the TF. Not very friendly IMO
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
sebastien
2006 WK 

It's double the price..rip off, get rough country
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

I'm not gonna say the Teraflex kit is junk because I have no experience with it.

However - by the time you buy that kit and swap out your shocks/struts (which you'll want to do sooner than later) you'll spend about the same for an Old Man Emu. Which is absolutely a quality product.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC
I'm not gonna say the Teraflex kit is junk because I have no experience with it.

However - by the time you buy that kit and swap out your shocks/struts (which you'll want to do sooner than later) you'll spend about the same for an Old Man Emu. Which is absolutely a quality product.
Teraflex is good stuff, I had some on my JK, but honestly, I feel the same about any spacer or "budget boost" lift. Spend the money on quality struts/springs/shocks the first time if you plan to spend any appreciable amount of time off pavement.
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

TeraFlex makes a lot of lift kits. You can't compare a supsension lift to a spacer lift (BB). Not sure what your buddy is installing or why he is dead set on Teraflex, but if you are looking for a BB your money will be better spent on a steel spacer lift like RC. Steel spacers will hold up better over time and concidering it is half the price it's a no brainer. However, I totally agree with JeepN4CK and sickchilly! Your stock shocks are bound to be on their last leg anyway and if you add more height (higher center of gravity) you will need better shocks to control the Jeep. The OME kit is designed to provide superior ride confort and control both on and off road. It comes in either a Medium Duty (MD) or Heavy Duty (HD) depending on how much weight you are planning to add (armor, recovery, gear) or just how stiff of a ride you prefer. On road your Jeep will handle better with an OME lift than it does now (stock) and off road it makes a huge difference! Don't just take my word for it, search around the forum and you will find countless members who have swapped from a BB to an OME and have nothing but praise for it. You can get the entire kit for a killer price from a vender here named Kolak.

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Check this out..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/b...pdate-1522619/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.