Which WK should I buy? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Which WK should I buy?

Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
bigphil76
2005 WK 

Which WK should I buy?

I'm new to posting here, but definitely not new to here. I have been lurking for years. lol but anyway, Owned jeeps my entire life.. all 4.0s and one 5.9. Well I'm looking at 2 different WKs in my area at 2 different locations.. Please help me pick. I need answers it is driving me crazy..

Option A
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
<from a small dealership> (no fees)
hemi,nav,dvd,sunroof, leather towing
Concerns-But has a sound in the right front going over bumps and a slight shudder on very low acceleration. 3 Owner I will be the 4th

Option B
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
hemi,nav,dvd,sunroof,leather/suede,towing, you know overland options.
Immaculate shape! local one owner 116k miles
Concerns- $2100 more then option A, Big Dealership

bigphil76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
TurboDiesel
2008 WK 

the black one
255/75R17 BFG KM1's
17" ion alloy rims
15" kicker solo baric L7 w/ Alpine m1000 amp
aftermarket headlights w/5000k HIDs
Red interior LEDs and Red license plate LED
Tinted tails
5% tint over the rear windows
more to come....
TurboDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
gamma500
2005 WK 

Hmmm.....Option A has those areas of concern you have already noticed- ft. diff. bushings going (shudder) ?, rt. ft. sound could be any part of the suspension from easy to expensive. Not big on multiowner vehicles in fairly short periods of time...3 in 7 years means potential for not much love there.

Option B...newer, same miles basically. Dealer won't budge on price any further ? Premium requiring Hemi's a bit hard to move these days.

Have Option A WK get a PPI for $100-150 and hopefully see exactly where more time/money will be going/needed. CarFax done on both ?
gamma500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
bigphil76
2005 WK 

carfax on both thats how I know about all the owners.. Im going to try getting the dealership down 500 more tomorrow.. and yes if either one was black the decision would already be made.
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
gamma500
2005 WK 

...same tranny or one more advanced..?.., QDII vs QTII. Is the "big dealer" Skyland ?
gamma500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

I would go with the overland. At $2100 more its probably worth it as there's no issues, a year newer and 1 owner. Probably worth paying a little extra up front.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
bigphil76
2005 WK 

ya the big dealer is skyland.. and i've been leaning towards the overland the entire time.. just the wife likes the cheaper one but doesn't understand we have no idea about the problems.
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
Beeracuda
2006 WK 

I love my 2006 Overland. I bought it from a dealership for $17K out the door back in August. It had 74,000 on it then. I am the 3rd owner and haven't had any trouble with it at all.

The Beeracuda: http://youtu.be/Kcp0sqG_03M
Beeracuda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
JeepCares

I would not feel comfortable buying any vehicle knowing it had an unresolved concerns such as a sound in the right front going over bumps and a slight shudder on very low acceleration.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
bigphil76
2005 WK 

but the 2005 with unknown problems, comes with a year warranty factored in the price at 500 bucks
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #11
diver110
2009 WK 

The Overland is more likely to have QDII, irrelevant to you unless you are going off road (where it is amazing), but it could be relevant to a subsequent buyer from you. By comparison, I paid around $28,000 for a 2009 Overland with the hemi. I have been very happy with it and like the look better than the look of the Limited.
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #12
fingaz
2009 WK 

I would suggest going with the overland. $2100 more doesn't seem like a big deal especially considering its newer and less miles. From what I have seen, the overland's are usually a bit more expensive (more so than $2100), so I feel like you would be getting a better deal with the Overland. Also, there aren't many Overland out there so you would have sort of a "special edition". The the details that make the difference.

I'd also feel more confident knowing that it has one owner this whole time, rather than the 05 that had 3 owners. I would have to think, why do people keep getting rid of it. Anything is possible, but it makes you think.
2009 3.7L Laredo Black | Two-Toned Leather | RER Nav/DVD/BA System | Viper alarm | HID's in the lows and fogs | Westin Brush Guard | Tinted Tails | Custom Blue LED Interior/Rear Hatch Lights | Rough Country 1.5" Spacers | General Grabber 255/70r17 -- Island Beach State Park 4x4 Mobile Sportsfishing Permit In -- To Do: Install Uniden CB, Rock lights
fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
diver110
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingaz View Post
I would suggest going with the overland. $2100 more doesn't seem like a big deal especially considering its newer and less miles. From what I have seen, the overland's are usually a bit more expensive (more so than $2100), so I feel like you would be getting a better deal with the Overland. Also, there aren't many Overland out there so you would have sort of a "special edition". The the details that make the difference.

I'd also feel more confident knowing that it has one owner this whole time, rather than the 05 that had 3 owners. I would have to think, why do people keep getting rid of it. Anything is possible, but it makes you think.
These are all excellent points.
Unread 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #14
modernblueWK

2006 is a second year model, overland, one owner. Easy choice.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #15
LouC
2007 WK 

Get the newest best condition one you can find and if you really want to enjoy it, Hemi+QDII rocks the WK. The most fun vehicle I have ever owned, bar none. Fast, comfortable, pulls like a freight train and laughs at snow. 2008 and newer has a somewhat better interior, the 05-07 ones are a bit on the cheap side. I drove 4 different ones (all used, 3 2007s and 1 2006) before I found one in good enough condition. The one I bought was a WK 5.7 Limited, QDII, tow package, 22,000 miles, 2.5 years old and I would up paying less for it then I paid for my 98 ZJ Laredo 4.0 when it was new. And get a Chrysler Certified one if you can, these things are expensive if things break.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.