WK Remote Start Xpresskit and Smartstart Writeup - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Remote Start Xpresskit and Smartstart Writeup

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 12-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
kona2four
1997 TJ Wrangler 

First of all, great write up. I purchased the DBALL2, Xkloader, XL202 and T-Harness for my son's 2006 WK 3.7 Laredo as a Christmas present. We attempted to install today but have not been able to get it working.

A couple of things strike me as odd (besides the fact that it will power accessories but won't crank):
1) xpresskit says the flash goes okay but it shows my browser as Mozilla and not internet explorer.
2) after plugging the final blue connector to the DBALL2 I get a flashing orange light which indicates vehicle not ID'd. I turn key to "ON" per directions but still nothing. If I start the vehicle then green light flashes. I turn it off, hit the lock button and I'm good to go except ...

As I mentioned it will power accessories after hitting lock 3 times but it won't crank.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

kona2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #17
kona2four
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona2four View Post
First of all, great write up. I purchased the DBALL2, Xkloader, XL202 and T-Harness for my son's 2006 WK 3.7 Laredo as a Christmas present. We attempted to install today but have not been able to get it working.

A couple of things strike me as odd (besides the fact that it will power accessories but won't crank):
1) xpresskit says the flash goes okay but it shows my browser as Mozilla and not internet explorer.
2) after plugging the final blue connector to the DBALL2 I get a flashing orange light which indicates vehicle not ID'd. I turn key to "ON" per directions but still nothing. If I start the vehicle then green light flashes. I turn it off, hit the lock button and I'm good to go except ...

As I mentioned it will power accessories after hitting lock 3 times but it won't crank.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike
I just wanted to follow up with the"fix" Make sure you use good light. I connected a red yellow rather than a yellow red. Switched it around and works great. I am sofa king we todd did!
kona2four is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #18
Btm495
2006 WK 

Hey guys, I need a little help. I have the dball with the T harness. I hooked it up figuring it was plug and play. I programmed the module with the xloader from the site. Plugged the T harness in and attached the two seperate wires. Tried getting it all to work and nothing. My light started red and went to flashing green like it should. When i pull the key and hit the lock button to finish the program, the light goes to a solid red. I have it set to start by hitting lock 3x. I havnt had any luck yet. So is someting hooked up wrong or is it actually that tricky to get it to start from the lock 3x? Should I just add the xl202 with a rf to get it to work better?
� � � � 1999 Gixxer 600 #495 track bike � � � � 2001 Honda cr 250r
� � � � 2001 Grand cherokee I6
� � ��[url]www.puresynthetics.com[/url]
Btm495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:18 PM   #19
Btm495
2006 WK 

This is getting installed on my 2006 SRT8 Grand Cherokee. I am trying to fix my signature and profile picture.
Unread 02-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #20
Btm495
2006 WK 

Just wanted to update . So much to my surprise this morning, I'm telling my wife that my remote start doesnt work. I hit the button 3x and presto she fires right up I alomst fell over. She was laughing. Said I should of seen my face. So that means that I wired her up correctly. I'm thinking I will prob get the added xl202 module and remotes to make it easier.
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #21
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btm495 View Post
Just wanted to update . So much to my surprise this morning, I'm telling my wife that my remote start doesnt work. I hit the button 3x and presto she fires right up I alomst fell over. She was laughing. Said I should of seen my face. I about ****. So that means that I wired her up correctly. I'm thinking I will prob get the added xl202 module and remotes to make it easier.
I've been using the 3x lock for quite a while now and it works flawlessly for me.
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #22
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Def want to do this asap! i love remote starts! Nice write up.
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #23
murderedoutGC
2007 WK 

seems like one of the cheaper mods out there....nice write up
Black Wk Club MEMBER #144
murderedoutGC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.