WK Remote Start Xpresskit and Smartstart Writeup - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Remote Start Xpresskit and Smartstart Writeup

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 12-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
kona2four
1997 TJ Wrangler 

First of all, great write up. I purchased the DBALL2, Xkloader, XL202 and T-Harness for my son's 2006 WK 3.7 Laredo as a Christmas present. We attempted to install today but have not been able to get it working.

A couple of things strike me as odd (besides the fact that it will power accessories but won't crank):
1) xpresskit says the flash goes okay but it shows my browser as Mozilla and not internet explorer.
2) after plugging the final blue connector to the DBALL2 I get a flashing orange light which indicates vehicle not ID'd. I turn key to "ON" per directions but still nothing. If I start the vehicle then green light flashes. I turn it off, hit the lock button and I'm good to go except ...

As I mentioned it will power accessories after hitting lock 3 times but it won't crank.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

kona2four is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #17
kona2four
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona2four View Post
First of all, great write up. I purchased the DBALL2, Xkloader, XL202 and T-Harness for my son's 2006 WK 3.7 Laredo as a Christmas present. We attempted to install today but have not been able to get it working.

A couple of things strike me as odd (besides the fact that it will power accessories but won't crank):
1) xpresskit says the flash goes okay but it shows my browser as Mozilla and not internet explorer.
2) after plugging the final blue connector to the DBALL2 I get a flashing orange light which indicates vehicle not ID'd. I turn key to "ON" per directions but still nothing. If I start the vehicle then green light flashes. I turn it off, hit the lock button and I'm good to go except ...

As I mentioned it will power accessories after hitting lock 3 times but it won't crank.

I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike
I just wanted to follow up with the"fix" Make sure you use good light. I connected a red yellow rather than a yellow red. Switched it around and works great. I am sofa king we todd did!
kona2four is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #18
Btm495
2006 WK 

Hey guys, I need a little help. I have the dball with the T harness. I hooked it up figuring it was plug and play. I programmed the module with the xloader from the site. Plugged the T harness in and attached the two seperate wires. Tried getting it all to work and nothing. My light started red and went to flashing green like it should. When i pull the key and hit the lock button to finish the program, the light goes to a solid red. I have it set to start by hitting lock 3x. I havnt had any luck yet. So is someting hooked up wrong or is it actually that tricky to get it to start from the lock 3x? Should I just add the xl202 with a rf to get it to work better?
� � � � 1999 Gixxer 600 #495 track bike � � � � 2001 Honda cr 250r
� � � � 2001 Grand cherokee I6
� � ��[url]www.puresynthetics.com[/url]
Btm495 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
Btm495
2006 WK 

This is getting installed on my 2006 SRT8 Grand Cherokee. I am trying to fix my signature and profile picture.
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #20
Btm495
2006 WK 

Just wanted to update . So much to my surprise this morning, I'm telling my wife that my remote start doesnt work. I hit the button 3x and presto she fires right up I alomst fell over. She was laughing. Said I should of seen my face. So that means that I wired her up correctly. I'm thinking I will prob get the added xl202 module and remotes to make it easier.
Unread 02-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #21
DieselDevotion
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btm495 View Post
Just wanted to update . So much to my surprise this morning, I'm telling my wife that my remote start doesnt work. I hit the button 3x and presto she fires right up I alomst fell over. She was laughing. Said I should of seen my face. I about ****. So that means that I wired her up correctly. I'm thinking I will prob get the added xl202 module and remotes to make it easier.
I've been using the 3x lock for quite a while now and it works flawlessly for me.
DieselDevotion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2014, 02:11 PM   #22
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

Def want to do this asap! i love remote starts! Nice write up.
Unread 08-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #23
murderedoutGC
2007 WK 

seems like one of the cheaper mods out there....nice write up
Black Wk Club MEMBER #144
murderedoutGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.