post #121 of Old 03-04-2013, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
I had my brother snap a couple pics of his 08 cup holder. Perhaps it will help.

*pic snip
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7 View Post
I'd be interested as long as it's not to much wire cutting
There shouldn't be any actual wire cutting. I'll send along what you need to connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post

*pic snip
Thanks, that's helpful. I still need accurate measurements. Preferably in mm. Sometimes I find that simply laying two toothpicks side by side in the bottom of the hole, and then marking, can be pretty accurate.

I may just have to offer 2 versions. With the later WK's, you'll see the side of the LED ring due to the cupholder configuration. Not sure it's a big deal, but just thought I'd point out the difference. They'll also have to utilize a single small hole in the bottom of the cupholder for routing the wiring. I'll work with someone on the install details when I'm ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
Any updates? Just checkin in
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
x2 you said you did the color leds. Any pics of them?
I'm heading to the shop now to get the rest of the LED pics. Expect updates shortly!


Jeep-Core
craigbru is offline  
post #122 of Old 03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
bhawks28
Registered User
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago
Posts: 791
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Thanks, that's helpful. I still need accurate measurements. Preferably in mm. Sometimes I find that simply laying two toothpicks side by side in the bottom of the hole, and then marking, can be pretty accurate.

I may just have to offer 2 versions. With the later WK's, you'll see the side of the LED ring due to the cupholder configuration. Not sure it's a big deal, but just thought I'd point out the difference. They'll also have to utilize a single small hole in the bottom of the cupholder for routing the wiring. I'll work with someone on the install details when I'm ready.
Good call on the toothpicks. I'll get more accurate measurements sometime this week.

2014 JKU Rubicon
bhawks28 is offline  
post #123 of Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 PM
ecollins7
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: baltimore
Posts: 452
I would take color matching the dash light
ecollins7 is offline  
post #124 of Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Good call on the toothpicks. I'll get more accurate measurements sometime this week.
Alright! Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecollins7 View Post
I would take color matching the dash light
Outstanding. Keep track of this thread for progress.

Jeep-Core
craigbru is offline  
post #125 of Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 804
Alright, here are the rest of the colors guys.

Red (It does appear more red in real life.)



Blue



Amber



And finally, cool white.





I did a little experimenting, and I think the simplest way to tone down the brightness on some of the white LED based options, is simply with a few small squares of masking tape over the LED. It's not exactly elegant, but it is virtually free. Any other alternative would be pricey. Also, they do dim somewhat with the factory lighting is dimmed, but not a lot.

One last thing, I know they changed the cupholder style on the 2008+, but did they change anything else? Like the dash lighting color?

Jeep-Core
craigbru is offline  
post #126 of Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Jeepforthewin
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
Alright, here are the rest of the colors guys.

Red (It does appear more red in real life.)

Blue

Amber

And finally, cool white.

I did a little experimenting, and I think the simplest way to tone down the brightness on some of the white LED based options, is simply with a few small squares of masking tape over the LED. It's not exactly elegant, but it is virtually free. Any other alternative would be pricey. Also, they do dim somewhat with the factory lighting is dimmed, but not a lot.

One last thing, I know they changed the cupholder style on the 2008+, but did they change anything else? Like the dash lighting color?
They look awesome!!! Can't wait till you start making and selling them!

2010 JKU - Stock for now
2005 WK - 6" lift, 35" BFG's, a lot more (SOLD)
Jeepforthewin is offline  
post #127 of Old 03-04-2013, 08:34 PM
cherrybomb05
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,112
Just realized you were a fellow Nebraskan. I live out in Kearney. Awesome!

07 WK
10 JKUR
11 JKR
cherrybomb05 is offline  
post #128 of Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 PM
justinmiller930
Registered User
2011 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brookville
Posts: 294
Man, those lights are really neat! I'd certainly be interested in a pair if you started selling them.
justinmiller930 is offline  
post #129 of Old 03-04-2013, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepforthewin View Post
They look awesome!!! Can't wait till you start making and selling them!
Thanks! I'm getting excited myself. I'm already thinking of other things I can make using the CNC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Just realized you were a fellow Nebraskan. I live out in Kearney. Awesome!
Indeed! I've been through Kearney plenty of times, but not for a few years. I have family in Denver and am overdue for a visit.

Jeep-Core
craigbru is offline  
post #130 of Old 03-04-2013, 09:25 PM
jjt250
Registered User
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Just realized you were a fellow Nebraskan. I live out in Kearney. Awesome!
Omaha here! I'd be interested in a set too.

2007 Grand Cherokee Limited | QDII | 3.0L Diesel | S4xC Shackles Mounts | Goodyear Duratracs
Bilstein HD Front/Rear | Rusty's 1/2" Strut Spacer | Hemi XK Front/Rear Coils | HID Projectors
jjt250 is offline  
post #131 of Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
blizzboy283
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
Alright, here are the rest of the colors guys.

Red (It does appear more red in real life.)

Blue

Amber

And finally, cool white.

I did a little experimenting, and I think the simplest way to tone down the brightness on some of the white LED based options, is simply with a few small squares of masking tape over the LED. It's not exactly elegant, but it is virtually free. Any other alternative would be pricey. Also, they do dim somewhat with the factory lighting is dimmed, but not a lot.

One last thing, I know they changed the cupholder style on the 2008+, but did they change anything else? Like the dash lighting color?
They look great man!

05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline  
post #132 of Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 AM
06JeepXKHEMI
Senior Member
 
06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 718
I definitely want the white led, not sure if you got me in previous posts..

05 LJRubi Currie 4" Springs, Savvy Fox shocks, MC trackbars, MC CA's single adj lower double uppers, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros on 17x9 ATX Ravine, MC Overlines front, Genright rear, Revolution 5.38s, Carolina Driveline driveshafts, MCAI
06JeepXKHEMI is offline  
post #133 of Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM
ramthis426
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sharpsburg
Posts: 658
I would take a set they look nice

05 3.7 wk QT1,2.25 Old Man EMU,255/75/17 GY silent armors,call of duty black moabs,Spidertrax
1.5,Pinch weld & rear fender mod,hypertech max energy.1992 jeep xj larado 4.0,4.5 rought country lift, coustome built rear bumper with tire swing soon to be on 33s
ramthis426 is offline  
post #134 of Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 AM
scootter82
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Aurora
Posts: 424
I'd like a set as well. Probably in a light blueish hue...

OME HD, JBA UCA, Rear Adj TB, Catch Can, K&N CAI, Gibson CB, MM TB, Flaspaq, Full LED swap
scootter82 is offline  
post #135 of Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM
jeremyc653
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St pete
Posts: 652
Need to find a way to link everyone who wants one and color!

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/jeremyc653-build-thread-1423295/#post14245927
jeremyc653 is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome