WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #91
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWKHemi View Post
Completely fair. Will there be a spot on the order sheet for tips or donations? I'm glad to see you got this all setup the way you want! Look forward to seeing the end product.
Nah, I'm not sure I'd feel right about taking donations. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm seeing LED rings in my sleep, I'll reconsider. I could add a 'Keep Craig sane beer fund' option, haha.

Unread 03-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #92
marka2k

2006 WK 

Worth the extra since it will come as a kit for me since I do not have to hunt down other parts.
I am willing to work with you on the Commander set and also the TJ I have a 2004 Rubicon as well. Let me know if I can help out.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Okay guys, just another quick update. It looks like my sample LED's won't be arriving until Monday. Once they do, I'll post up pics of those colors. That should give you all the available options. I'll then go through all the comments in this thread and the other to get a rough estimate of how many of the actual LED's I need to order, plus some extra. I have indeed decided to set up Zencart on a domain, but to make it fair, I'll PM the link to the guys who expressed interest first. After all, if not for their encouragement I'd not have been motivated to take the next step. So, that should make ordering easy, and payment secure. It will also make it easy to keep track of shipping info and my stock levels.

This morning I ordered enough acrylic and PVC sheet to do around 80 pair of rings. We'll see how long that lasts. Lol. I also ordered a bunch of bubble pack mailers to make sure they arrive safely. I'm also considering throwing in some wire taps and some very cool wire disconnects with each order. It would make the installs a freaking breeze, but I'd have to ask for another dollar or two to offset their cost. Worthwhile tradeoff?

Also, for the TJ and Commander guys, I'll work on getting some made for you too. I may need some measurement verifications and help with possible install documentation when the time comes.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #93
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
I have indeed decided to set up Zencart on a domain, but to make it fair, I'll PM the link to the guys who expressed interest first.
I hope I'm one of the first...I believe I was the second or third person to comment on how amazingly awesome they are

Quote:
It would make the installs a freaking breeze, but I'd have to ask for another dollar or two to offset their cost. Worthwhile tradeoff?
Sounds absolutely fair! I think I'd like them to match the stock lighting but I'd like to see some pics first
Unread 03-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #94
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I hope I'm one of the first...I believe I was the second or third person to comment on how amazingly awesome they are

Sounds absolutely fair! I think I'd like them to match the stock lighting but I'd like to see some pics first
You were indeed one of the first. No worries there. I posted some pics of the rings using gel filters in this post here. Come Monday I'll have some of the actual colored LED's. I think that will put me at 9 or 10 possible color combinations. I can match the OEM lighting pretty well, which was one of my own personal goals to begin with.
Unread 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #95
JeepWKHemi
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

Nah, I'm not sure I'd feel right about taking donations. Maybe in a few weeks when I'm seeing LED rings in my sleep, I'll reconsider. I could add a 'Keep Craig sane beer fund' option, haha.
Then how about accepting donations to help offset the domain cost?
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #96
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Just add an create 5 to the beer fund
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #97
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

Do it this way
Cost of materials per unit
(Led, wires, plastic, whatever other magic you have)
Plus a little for labor
Plus shipping
And because your the only one that we know if making a decent set of these, a little for exclusivity...

Should be about $1.50 maybe $1.75 tops per customer by my calculations

Haha, kidding
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #98
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

I'm in for a set of OEM green! PM me when you're ready
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:01 AM   #99
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Def fair. Everything extricating confuses me.
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 04:47 AM   #100
Jaashua
2005 WK 

I would so want these if I didnt just spend the money for the oem cup holder inserts.

Sent from my Samsung S2 using JeepForum
Jaashua is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 06:37 AM   #101
ndmbbl3
2005 WK 

If you still plan on expanding to sell more I'd be interested in a set of the factory colored ones, I love the idea and its a much more reasonable price than anything I've seen online
ndmbbl3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #102
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Am I one of the firsts?

After all, I was the first person to reply to this thread
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #103
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Am I one of the firsts?

After all, I was the first person to reply to this thread
no you'll be last!!!
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #104
blizzboy283
2005 WK 

Hey Craig,

How bright will these be? I take it they won't be dimable?
05 WK LTD 5.7L Hemi QD II Midnight Blue Pearl, Blue WK Club member #30
Intune, AFE Stage 2 CAI, BT Catch Can, Gibson Cat-back, OME HD, 255/75/17 BFG KM1s, 1.25" Spidertrax, LED Interior, Reverse & Tail Lights, 3/4" Grille, Chrome Fuel Door & handles, SRT8 Pedals, Taylor Shorties, XK knob, 4xGuard Front 4 & Rear Diff.
blizzboy283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #105
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzboy283 View Post
Hey Craig,

How bright will these be? I take it they won't be dimable?
I would think if u tie them into the 4x4 low indicator its controlled by the dimmer I would say the led would function the same but i could be wrong. I belive I remember him saying he was working on a dimmer for his set but I could be wrong about all of it. Would be cool if they dim or as long as they arnt to bright

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.