WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 54 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #796 of 805 Old 02-23-2016, 03:01 PM
tybarious
1999 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Okay, so the rings light up correctly, right? When you wired them, did you tap into a solid 12v switched source? People have tried tapping into lighting circuits with mixed success. If we can confirm they are wired correctly, then it must be a remote issue. It's strange that the remote lights up but there's no change. Now, that said, I have had someone else recently with a remote that didn't work as well. I typically don't open the remote packages for testing, but if I send a replacement, I'll do just that beforehand.
I tapped into wires that's tied to the interior lights. I thought that's what I was supposed to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #797 of 805 Old 02-23-2016, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tybarious View Post
I tapped into wires that's tied to the interior lights. I thought that's what I was supposed to do.
That would do it. In one of the very early versions of the lights, I did indeed tap into the interior lighting. With the switch to RGB that no longer works. I recommend almost any other 12v switched source. I do have a few guides on the website, but I don't have every model covered. I think I need to make a general install guide that covers most of the particulars. I'll work on that soon. In the meantime, would you like me to send you a new set of taps?

Jeep-Core
post #798 of 805 Old 02-23-2016, 03:19 PM
tybarious
1999 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
That would do it. In one of the very early versions of the lights, I did indeed tap into the interior lighting. With the switch to RGB that no longer works. I recommend almost any other 12v switched source. I do have a few guides on the website, but I don't have every model covered. I think I need to make a general install guide that covers most of the particulars. I'll work on that soon. In the meantime, would you like me to send you a new set of taps?
Ah ok. Yes, I would like another set. I'll PM you with my address.

post #799 of 805 Old 02-29-2016, 04:53 AM
08zombie
2008 WK 

Garage
Installed my cupholders this weekend. Did not take long at all. I have note/notes though...

The drivers side LED wires exit the bottom left side of the ring which was perfect because nothing was under the cupholder. The passenger LED wires exit the bottom right which is where the (2008) duct is for the rear vents. This unfortunately makes fishing it impossible... I instead drilled another hole in the top left area and re-positioned the LED strip under the rings. I had another "issue" and it was that when I have pulsating green and hit "Speed - " it changes to solid teal color. This is probably just my unit and not a big deal though! Everything else works fine as far as I can tell and I would definitely recommend to other WK owners.

I'll be leaving it on pulsating green or solid green 99% of the time.

Check My Threads For These Builds:
WK LED Headlight Quad Retrofit
WK Morimoto LED Foglights
post #800 of 805 Old 06-11-2016, 03:56 PM
siftwinnow
2005 WK 

I just installed mine and I can get it to flicker but not stay on when I turn the key to accessory and if I plug and unplug the LED controller, but I cannot get them to stay on no matter what I try.

I tried messing with everything connection, resetting the remote, and everything else I could think of. I can't figure out why the both flicker for a split second showing that they both are receiving power, but I can't get them to stay on.

Any ideas?
post #801 of 805 Old 06-12-2016, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
craigbru
2007 WK 

Replied via email. Sorry for the delay. I'm hitting the beautiful Moab trails with the awesome GSW crew.

Sent from my Samsung Note 5

Jeep-Core
post #802 of 805 Old 07-08-2017, 01:23 AM
gcjeepjames
2008 WK 

Are these still available for order through the website?
post #803 of 805 Old 07-08-2017, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
craigbru
2007 WK 

Yes, they are still available. If you need anything that's not in stock at the moment, just send a message through the site's contact page. Thanks!

Jeep-Core
post #804 of 805 Old 07-10-2017, 06:23 PM
nvrdone1
2007 WK 

what's the web site for these ?
post #805 of 805 Old 07-11-2017, 05:58 AM
keggles

2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrdone1 View Post
what's the web site for these ?

http://www.jeep-core.com/

I'm a nut, but not just a nut.
08 WK 5.7 Hemi 4x4
06 WK 4.7 - RIP
Silver WK Club #63

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.