WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 04-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #706
davy27

Hey Craig,

is it possible to order just the driver side LED cupholder?

Accidentally snap the connections to the cupholder when i was jiggling it around to try to get the colors to sync.
Also i noticed coffee stains were able to seep through so just a word of caution to all coffee drinkers.

Also about the ambient lighting...
Sorry if it was mentioned in ealrier posts but does the dim level stay the same after you turn off and on the car?

davy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #707
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy27 View Post
Hey Craig,

is it possible to order just the driver side LED cupholder?

Accidentally snap the connections to the cupholder when i was jiggling it around to try to get the colors to sync.
Also i noticed coffee stains were able to seep through so just a word of caution to all coffee drinkers.

Also about the ambient lighting...
Sorry if it was mentioned in ealrier posts but does the dim level stay the same after you turn off and on the car?
How long ago did you order your rings? I'm assuming you have the older two piece design without the soldered connections? If so, PM me your address and I can send a new pair of LED strips. The new rings are a 1 piece design, so seepage shouldn't be an issue. They also have a bedliner surface so they are pretty durable.

The ambient lights match the rings, and the lighting level should stay the same after a restart. If it doesn't, it's likely due to a bad controller, and in that case, I'd replace it.
Unread 04-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #708
scootter82
2009 WK 

Any plans to make a HEMI version? I'd preorder that!
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #709
davy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
How long ago did you order your rings? I'm assuming you have the older two piece design without the soldered connections? If so, PM me your address and I can send a new pair of LED strips. The new rings are a 1 piece design, so seepage shouldn't be an issue. They also have a bedliner surface so they are pretty durable.

The ambient lights match the rings, and the lighting level should stay the same after a restart. If it doesn't, it's likely due to a bad controller, and in that case, I'd replace it.
I believe in Sept of 2013? I dont have a prob purchasing one but since i see the JEEP logo ones, im leaning towards that

Few questions for the Jeep logo rings...

can i just swap out my old rings and plug the logo rings in? (using the old remote?)

Are they they are a 1 piece design?

Also about the ambient kit..
Can it be wired independently? and not to the cupholders? The cupholders i usually have it on the brightest level but like the ambient lighting dim.

As you can see Im preparing to make another order once the wireless remote comes back in stock!
davy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #710
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Hey Craig, I sent you a pm.
I noticed you had some of the logo kits in stock for the 08'. Was wondering if I could get that mix-matched set. Ill pay for a whole new set even though I just needed the rings/leds. Ill just take a whole new package. Tomorrow is pay day, so it would be perfect timing. Lemme know. Thanks

Id also pay for ambient lighting kit when you get them.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #711
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I finally got my ambient and cup holder lights installed last night. If you need a report of a flawless install, I can make it. Everything worked perfectly the first time. The mode/color/brightness is remembered through power cycles and all 4 LED strips stay in sync.

If I have to nitpick, it would be that the cup holder discs could be about a half mm bigger in diameter. After reading some posts about them being really tight, I was surprised to see I could spin them (not easily, but just so) in my 2010. I put a couple small dabs of silicone on each to hold them in place. Once dry, you can't move them by accident, but you can still get them out if you need to.

It'd also be nice if the wiring connectors were captive. I wrapped each connection with a bit of electrical tape so they wouldn't work free down the road or while I was futzing with tying things up.

All in all though... great work, nice quality, and a complete kit for a very decent price. Thanks.
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #712
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootter82 View Post
Any plans to make a HEMI version? I'd preorder that!
Yeah, I do plan on making some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy27 View Post
I believe in Sept of 2013? I dont have a prob purchasing one but since i see the JEEP logo ones, im leaning towards that

Few questions for the Jeep logo rings...

can i just swap out my old rings and plug the logo rings in? (using the old remote?)

Are they they are a 1 piece design?

Also about the ambient kit..
Can it be wired independently? and not to the cupholders? The cupholders i usually have it on the brightest level but like the ambient lighting dim.

As you can see Im preparing to make another order once the wireless remote comes back in stock!
Yes, you can swap out the rings without changing the controller.

They are indeed a single piece design now. I'm milling the acrylic from both sides. It's more machine time, but a better product all the way around.

The ambient lights can be wired separately utilizing a second controller. If you order a new kit, you'd have a second controller.

I'm not sure when my next batch of wireless controllers will arrive, but a page back I've got links for alternative sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Hey Craig, I sent you a pm.
I noticed you had some of the logo kits in stock for the 08'. Was wondering if I could get that mix-matched set. Ill pay for a whole new set even though I just needed the rings/leds. Ill just take a whole new package. Tomorrow is pay day, so it would be perfect timing. Lemme know. Thanks

Id also pay for ambient lighting kit when you get them.
Oh dang, I forgot to respond to that. I could do mixed set, but someone would have to be willing to buy it's 'opposite' since the rings are matched sets. Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
I finally got my ambient and cup holder lights installed last night. If you need a report of a flawless install, I can make it. Everything worked perfectly the first time. The mode/color/brightness is remembered through power cycles and all 4 LED strips stay in sync.

If I have to nitpick, it would be that the cup holder discs could be about a half mm bigger in diameter. After reading some posts about them being really tight, I was surprised to see I could spin them (not easily, but just so) in my 2010. I put a couple small dabs of silicone on each to hold them in place. Once dry, you can't move them by accident, but you can still get them out if you need to.

It'd also be nice if the wiring connectors were captive. I wrapped each connection with a bit of electrical tape so they wouldn't work free down the road or while I was futzing with tying things up.

All in all though... great work, nice quality, and a complete kit for a very decent price. Thanks.
A little small? I think you are the first to mention that. I do want them tight enough to stay in place without issue. I can revise my design if needed.

There's really no feasible way to use captive connectors with the parts I'm using. I do have a huge roll of heat shrink inbound however. I'll be adding shrink to the kits that can be used to secure the connections.

One more thing guys. I apologize if I'm a little slower responding to stuff than I was a week or two ago. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that the wife and I bought a new house in Omaha. Well, she already moved in a while back, but I haven't yet. I'm still almost 2 hours away at the old house. I've been helping my dad finish building a new house here, and we've only got about a week's worth of work left. I've accepted a new job in Omaha as a CNC machinist (haha, imagine that!), and I've been working on packing my things up. Over the next two or three weeks, I've got to get fully out of this house, and try and get a shop set up down there. I'll work on getting as many rings made as possible before I do, since I don't want to have any downtime. As it is, I've had some sets go out of stock already and haven't had a chance to fire up the CNC. I hope you guys understand, and I appreciate your patience. All in all this is a very good move, but it's a little disruptive until I'm actually there.
Unread 04-11-2014, 03:37 AM   #713
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

Oh dang, I forgot to respond to that. I could do mixed set, but someone would have to be willing to buy it's 'opposite' since the rings are matched sets. Any takers?

So in case anyone missed that. Im trying to get a set of mix-matched cupholder rings for 08-10 models with "jeep" on one cupholder and "ORT" on the other. But I need someone else to also want this. I would need someone to purchase opposite sets so we can have them mix-matched by Craig.

Also Craig, if someone was willing to buy the opposite set, Would both rings work for either cupholder? Because I would really want the driver cupholder to say "Jeep" and the Passenger to say "ORT". But I thought the rings were slightly different for each cupholder. Which would mean someone else would have to have "ort" as the driver side and "Jeep" as the passenger? or are both rings the same? I can't remember. If that's the case Im not sure if anyone would want that. It seems sort of backwards that way.

Also If nobody is willing to go in with me on a mix-matched set.... id be willing to pay a little extra.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
Unread 04-11-2014, 04:05 AM   #714
caulk04
2008 WK 

I felt mine could have fit a little tighter as well, but ended up gluing then in place as it seemed the radius in the cup holder was causing the fit issue with the square corner of Craigs insert.

The heat shrink he mentioned wwill work great to hold the connectors, it's what I did with mine to keep everything in place.
Unread 04-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #715
Mitkch
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
...I would need someone to purchase opposite sets...
I got so excited for a second because I was interested in getting one with Jeep and one with ORT but then I realized I have a 2007 and my cup holders are different than yours...
*sigh*
Black WK Club #138
Mitkch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #716
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitkch View Post
I got so excited for a second because I was interested in getting one with Jeep and one with ORT but then I realized I have a 2007 and my cup holders are different than yours...
*sigh*
Damnit..... lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.