WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #676
jtodaro
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Craig, did you ever figure anything out about the report of the units not staying/retaining their dimmer level after the power has been turned off? I know there was at least one other report of it from someone (I like to run mine dimmed down). I sent you a very short video (or maybe it was a link to my dropbox with a video of it) from my phone, but it looks like mine doesn't retain it's level either.

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited WK - Black, 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, 3.73
Black WK Club Member #122 | HEMI Club Member #87
jtodaro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #677
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodaro View Post
Craig, did you ever figure anything out about the report of the units not staying/retaining their dimmer level after the power has been turned off? I know there was at least one other report of it from someone (I like to run mine dimmed down). I sent you a very short video (or maybe it was a link to my dropbox with a video of it) from my phone, but it looks like mine doesn't retain it's level either.
I haven't been able to replicate it, so I don't know what would cause it. I did see your video, and that is indeed odd. All I can do is replace the controllers for those having issues. They should finally arrive today.

I'll be testing each controller before packing to try and prevent it from happening in the future.
Unread 03-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #678
jtodaro
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I haven't been able to replicate it, so I don't know what would cause it. I did see your video, and that is indeed odd. All I can do is replace the controllers for those having issues. They should finally arrive today.

I'll be testing each controller before packing to try and prevent it from happening in the future.
Curious, does the controller have an internal battery/capacitor that store the memory/setting (as the controller isn't a detent type rheostat switch, but in fact a one-touch switch), or how does that work?

Unread 03-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #679
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodaro View Post

Curious, does the controller have an internal battery/capacitor that store the memory/setting (as the controller isn't a detent type rheostat switch, but in fact a one-touch switch), or how does that work?
I believe there is a capacitor that retains memory. The odd part is that color is retained but not brightness. I would think it would be all or nothing.
Unread 03-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #680
jtodaro
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I believe there is a capacitor that retains memory. The odd part is that color is retained but not brightness. I would think it would be all or nothing.
Completely agree. Seems it should be all or nothing.

Unread 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM   #681
caulk04
2008 WK 

I'm still having that issue, but I decided to upgrade myself to a wireless controller so I'm not going to ask Craig to replace my wired controller.

Craig, if you'd like it back to mess with it, I'm happy to drop it in the mail... PM me.
Unread 03-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #682
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
I'm still having that issue, but I decided to upgrade myself to a wireless controller so I'm not going to ask Craig to replace my wired controller.

Craig, if you'd like it back to mess with it, I'm happy to drop it in the mail... PM me.
Yeah, if you could send it back to me, that would be great. I want to be able to put this back on my parts supplier. I'm always going to take care of you guys regardless of the issue, but I need to know that I'm getting what I pay for, so you guys can get what you pay for.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #683
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Just a quick update guys. I've got some more rings made, including a few sets of accent lights. If they all disappear, I've got the parts needed to make more.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #684
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Ready to order. But I'm not seeing the accent kits on the site?
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:27 PM   #685
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Ready to order. But I'm not seeing the accent kits on the site?
Oops. You are right. Give me 5 minutes to take that page live. It will be under accessories.
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #686
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Sweet. Done and done!
Unread 03-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #687
rollindom

2005 WK 

I was just on the sight and it shows the ambient light kits as sold out. Did they already sell out or it the sight just not updated? I would like a set of them if they are available and keep checking back for the wireless controller to comeback into stock. On last question is what is the difference of the current rings compared to the first batch back in March of last year? Thanks Craig!
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:38 AM   #688
tom19511
2006 WK 

Ordered mine. Feel like a kid at Christmas.
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:53 AM   #689
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
Sweet. Done and done!
Awesome. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
I was just on the sight and it shows the ambient light kits as sold out. Did they already sell out or it the sight just not updated? I would like a set of them if they are available and keep checking back for the wireless controller to comeback into stock. On last question is what is the difference of the current rings compared to the first batch back in March of last year? Thanks Craig!
I show stock on everything but the wireless version. I don't have any wireless controllers at the moment. As far as what has changed, quite a lot. The rings are now a single piece of double sided milled acrylic. They have a bedliner surface. The LED strips are also now through hole soldered for increased reliability. Lastly, I'm now including a male plug lead and the controllers have a female plug. That means it's easy to swap controllers to the wireless version if desired. You just have to unplug and plug back in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom19511 View Post
Ordered mine. Feel like a kid at Christmas.
Thanks for the order!
Unread 03-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #690
DRWonoski
2005 WK 

Ordering now! I really want the wireless controller but I guess I can suffer and wait to upgrade to that later...
DRWonoski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.