WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #646
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Thanks Craig just got my inserts.going to install tonight

KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 11:24 PM   #647
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Where can I find a write up for the installation. Does anyone know ?
Unread 03-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #648
94jeepman
Jager93

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aralph30 View Post
Where can I find a write up for the installation. Does anyone know ?
Jeep-core.com under the installation instruction section
http://jeep-core.com/installation-instructions/
KHAKI MEMBER #59

The WK mods: SC flashpaq 3870, flow master super 40, 3.5" X Factor leveling kit, 33" M/T baja claws, 17" pro comp wheels, one 12 inch subwoofer, rugged ridge tailight gaurds, rola rack with 18" extension
94jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #649
jtodaro
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Craig... Just an FYI on your instructions for the WK. It doesn't say which one goes in which cup holder (since they are two different sizes). Just figured I'd point that out there since you were revising the instructions (or so I thought I saw).

2005 Grand Cherokee Limited WK - Black, 5.7 Hemi, 545RFE, 3.73
Black WK Club Member #122 | HEMI Club Member #87
jtodaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #650
t_ewing3

If I were to choose the "standard wired controller" option on the website, are the colors able to change when installed, or would I have to choose one color when checking out?
t_ewing3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #651
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodaro View Post
Craig... Just an FYI on your instructions for the WK. It doesn't say which one goes in which cup holder (since they are two different sizes). Just figured I'd point that out there since you were revising the instructions (or so I thought I saw).
That's right, it doesn't. I should make note of that. Especially since some years only have a single mm difference between the rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_ewing3 View Post
If I were to choose the "standard wired controller" option on the website, are the colors able to change when installed, or would I have to choose one color when checking out?
Yes, you choose the color you want when installing. No need to lock into a single color. The wireless controller allows you to change much more easily on a whim. It uses a credit card sized wireless remote. The standard controller is inline between the power source and the LED's. You can always creatively mount it so it can be accessed easily, but a lot of guys just set their preferred color and then stash it.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #652
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

Afaik you use the remote and change color and brightness then you can stash it once you've picked
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #653
caulk04
2008 WK 

Hey, is it normal for the brightness to reset to the highest level every time power is cycled to the controller? I was hoping to leave them dimmed down some but it always resets. Keeps the color, but defaults the brightness.

As far as changing colors goes, you can keep the controller hidden under the shifter bezel, it's very easy to pop that off and get at the controller.
Unread 03-04-2014, 05:42 AM   #654
aralph30
2003 WJ 

Order mine today. Can someone post a link to a write up on how to install it. Need something with pictures lol.
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #655
caulk04
2008 WK 

http://jeep-core.com/

Listed for both early and late WK's. Basically you need access to the bottom of the cup holders and need to make a slot in the bottom of each for the wiring to run through. It's really quite simple.
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #656
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Hey, is it normal for the brightness to reset to the highest level every time power is cycled to the controller? I was hoping to leave them dimmed down some but it always resets. Keeps the color, but defaults the brightness.

As far as changing colors goes, you can keep the controller hidden under the shifter bezel, it's very easy to pop that off and get at the controller.
Nope, that's not normal. Mine doesn't reset, and I haven't heard anyone else mention it. It's possible the controller just isn't working as it should. If it doesn't resolve itself somehow, I'll send you a replacement when my next batch comes in, as I'm currently out.
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #657
caulk04
2008 WK 

That'd be mighty cool of you! I've been ignoring it, but I'll keep trying to set the brightness down and let you know if it starts working right.
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #658
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
That'd be mighty cool of you! I've been ignoring it, but I'll keep trying to set the brightness down and let you know if it starts working right.
Not a problem man. I want you guys to be happy and have the features promised. I always keep mine on the lowest setting as well. I like it subtle.
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #659
Mustangt125

Is there any way to do this without taking the car apart? Probably not, just thought I'd ask...

It looks amazing in the pics youve posted but I will just be getting a Jeep soon and have no experience working on cars, don't want to screw anything up.
Mustangt125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #660
caulk04
2008 WK 

It's super simple guys, just pop the shifter bezel off and you have the access you need. I just opted to go a little further and pull the whole console out.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.