WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 42 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #616
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeslinger31 View Post
Awesome thanks!
No problem man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Wow, that looks great! I like the Jeep logo as well, my last question is how dim do the lights go? I want it very subtle, hoping they go that low. I'll order in a couple days here if you can tell me they go real dim.
There are 5 light levels, and the lowest is relatively dim, but that's pretty subjective. I like it subtle myself and I've not found them distracting at that setting, but I wouldn't say they are faint. I don't have a really good way to photograph in low light either. They always appear much brighter than they really are. If they are too bright, you could always put a little black electrical tape over the LED's themselves. You might be able to find a combination that works well for you.

Unread 02-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #617
TangoTango
2008 WK 

I'm interested in the accent lighting also. Ordered a set of the cup holder lights from you today.
TangoTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #618
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoTango View Post
I'm interested in the accent lighting also. Ordered a set of the cup holder lights from you today.
Got it man. I'll get it out tomorrow.

Also, as of right now, WJ rings are on hand!
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #619
caulk04
2008 WK 

Ok, sold. I chose the wired controller on a coin flip, lol
Unread 02-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #620
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Ok, sold. I chose the wired controller on a coin flip, lol
Haha, there's nothing wrong with the good ol' coin flip. You also happened to get the last logo version in stock! I guess I'll have to make more.
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:45 PM   #621
Aclow33
2006 WK 

Alright Ill hold off for now until you look into the HEMI logo.
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #622
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclow33 View Post
Alright Ill hold off for now until you look into the HEMI logo.
No worries man. I'll look into that next week. I should be caught up with most of my backlog by then.

In other news... I consider my accent lighting test a success. I have to make a few small revisions to my mounting bracket design, but otherwise I'm very happy with the results. I'm hoping to have those available next week as well.

Here is a pic. Keep in mind that it's pretty hard to get a good shot of the real world appearance. They aren't quite as bright in person.

Unread 02-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #623
jscaffidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
A basic kit would include two accent lights on 6' leads, and a 3 way splitter for tying into an existing set of lights.
What do you think your pricing will be and can 2 basic kits be hooked up in order to illuminate the rear as well?

Your accent lighting test looks good to me.

One last question about the logo rings - I guess I could figure this out next time I go out to mine, but I'm in the office now so as long as I'm replying I might as well ask - can you even see the logo when you're sitting normally, or do you only see the "p" from the passenger side cup holder?

Thanks
jscaffidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #624
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscaffidi View Post

What do you think your pricing will be and can 2 basic kits be hooked up in order to illuminate the rear as well?

Your accent lighting test looks good to me.

One last question about the logo rings - I guess I could figure this out next time I go out to mine, but I'm in the office now so as long as I'm replying I might as well ask - can you even see the logo when you're sitting normally, or do you only see the "p" from the passenger side cup holder?

Thanks
Yes. You can connect multiple kits without issue. They will just daisy chain using the 3 way splitters. As far as price goes, I'm not sure yet. They should be pretty affordable.

You can see the full logo. I would imagine you would have to be very short to have any of it blocked.
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #625
jscaffidi

Okay, you've talked me in to it; I'll take a set of the logo rings for and '07 WK and 2 sets of accent lighting, with one wired controller. I'm guessing you'll have the rings shown as back in stock soon but will you be updating your site for the accent lighting option?
Unread 02-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #626
LetitRain

I appreciate you honoring the price. I'll be buying the accent kit to make up for that when it is ready!

Your site is great, and checkout worked perfectly.

Thanks again,
Matt
LetitRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #627
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Okay, you've talked me in to it; I'll take a set of the logo rings for and '07 WK and 2 sets of accent lighting, with one wired controller. I'm guessing you'll have the rings shown as back in stock soon but will you be updating your site for the accent lighting option?
As of right now, there are a few 05~07 WK rings in stock. I don't expect them to last long however. I can make more soon, since I have all the parts needed. I will be updating the site for the accent lighting as soon as I make the revisions I need. It should be next week. I think I may have underestimated demand though. I'll order more parts ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetitRain View Post
I appreciate you honoring the price. I'll be buying the accent kit to make up for that when it is ready!

Your site is great, and checkout worked perfectly.

Thanks again,
Matt
No problem Matt. It was the right thing to do.

I'm glad the site worked well for you. It just makes things so much easier to keep track of.
Unread 02-26-2014, 12:56 PM   #628
jscaffidi

Please set aside 2 accent light kits, 1 wired controller and 1 '07 WK logo ring sets until I can order them all at once; or should I order the logo rings and then wait until you've made the revisions to order the rest?
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #629
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Please set aside 2 accent light kits, 1 wired controller and 1 '07 WK logo ring sets until I can order them all at once; or should I order the logo rings and then wait until you've made the revisions to order the rest?
You can do whichever you prefer. I'm realistically a week away from having the accent lights ready. I'd probably lock down a set of the logo rings. Shipping is free (in the US), so it doesn't cost you any more to order something else later.
Unread 02-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #630
tom19511
2006 WK 

Hey Craig!! Any pics of the accent lights (brackets) not installed? When you have time can you please post.. As usual thank you for taking on these great mods.!!..
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.