WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #601
LetitRain

If I want to get the wireless remote with the Jeep rings will the price change once I add it to the cart?

LetitRain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #602
caulk04
2008 WK 

Does anyone have better pics of them installed in the daylight? The wife's new Jeep has lit cup holders and I kinda like it...thinking about doing this.
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #603
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaashua View Post
That's pretty badass.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetitRain View Post
If I want to get the wireless remote with the Jeep rings will the price change once I add it to the cart?
I see your order, and you caught me... Haha, I forgot to change the price on the site to reflect the wireless controller for the 08~10 WK's. I guess that's what I get for updating the site late at night. No worries though, it's my mistake and I'll honor the price you paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Does anyone have better pics of them installed in the daylight? The wife's new Jeep has lit cup holders and I kinda like it...thinking about doing this.
This shot was taken in my driveway during the day. I don't think they are quite that bright in person, but you can definitely see that they are on.

Unread 02-25-2014, 12:20 PM   #604
jenrob
2005 WK 

Question on the wireless controller. If I wire the cup lights to a dimming power source. Once I set a color and brightness will it be that way the next day or will I have to set it every time? I don't know that I really need a wireless controller, but will the standard wired controller remember my settings also. As such I could find the setting I like and place the controller under the center console as I wouldn't need it after my set up is complete.
jenrob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #605
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrob View Post
Question on the wireless controller. If I wire the cup lights to a dimming power source. Once I set a color and brightness will it be that way the next day or will I have to set it every time? I don't know that I really need a wireless controller, but will the standard wired controller remember my settings also. As such I could find the setting I like and place the controller under the center console as I wouldn't need it after my set up is complete.

Both the wireless and wired controller remember the last used setting. You never have to reset your preferences upon starting the Jeep again. A lot of guys just set a color and brightness, then leave the controller hidden. There's typically not much reason to access it. The wireless controller is for the guys that like changing things up. It may be of more use once there are a few accent lighting kits out there.
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #606
caulk04
2008 WK 

Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear. I was looking for what they look like when off in the daylight. My bad.

That PVC insert, could it be left out (or taken out) for refinishing? Perhaps a nice glass bead shot finish to remove any sheen (I do this at work often for trade show pieces).

Honestly, I could make these parts myself as a by-trade machinist, but have a kit that's already put together, tested and trouble-shot is real nice.
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #607
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear. I was looking for what they look like when off in the daylight. My bad.

That PVC insert, could it be left out (or taken out) for refinishing? Perhaps a nice glass bead shot finish to remove any sheen (I do this at work often for trade show pieces).

Honestly, I could make these parts myself as a by-trade machinist, but have a kit that's already put together, tested and trouble-shot is real nice.
That daylight pic is actually of the old version. The new rings are a 1 piece design with a bedliner coating.

Unread 02-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #608
ashawky814

How can I order a set
ashawky814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #609
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashawky814 View Post
How can I order a set
Go to jeep-core.com. If your model isn't in stock, they should be soon.
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #610
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

All you have on the site is the ort ones for my 05 do you know when you will get the blank ones in stock?
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #611
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeslinger31 View Post
All you have on the site is the ort ones for my 05 do you know when you will get the blank ones in stock?
I should have some by Thursday.
Unread 02-25-2014, 02:45 PM   #612
jscaffidi

Craigbru,

Glad to see you're back up and running. I was the guy who had asked you about getting ambient lighting for the front footwells and under the front seats (to illuminate the rear foot area). You had begun experimenting and then had the problem with your cnc, etc. As I recall you hadn't looked in to the rear lighting yet, but I think if you just duplicated the lights for the front I could find a way to attach it to the seat frame. I would just need to have the harness be able to accommodate all of the lights. I have an '07 Grand Cherokee and would like to order everything at once (and install everything at once, which is why I'm waiting to see what you do with the ambient lighting). I think I would need only one controller as I would want them all to be the same color anyway. I'm undecided if I want the logo rings or the plain ones. I see from one of your prior posts that the black part of the ring is bedliner coating; do you think you could make 2 additional rings of just the bedliner material that could be used to cover the logo if it turns out I prefer the non-logo look better? Thanks.
jscaffidi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:00 PM   #613
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscaffidi View Post
Craigbru,

Glad to see you're back up and running. I was the guy who had asked you about getting ambient lighting for the front footwells and under the front seats (to illuminate the rear foot area). You had begun experimenting and then had the problem with your cnc, etc. As I recall you hadn't looked in to the rear lighting yet, but I think if you just duplicated the lights for the front I could find a way to attach it to the seat frame. I would just need to have the harness be able to accommodate all of the lights. I have an '07 Grand Cherokee and would like to order everything at once (and install everything at once, which is why I'm waiting to see what you do with the ambient lighting). I think I would need only one controller as I would want them all to be the same color anyway. I'm undecided if I want the logo rings or the plain ones. I see from one of your prior posts that the black part of the ring is bedliner coating; do you think you could make 2 additional rings of just the bedliner material that could be used to cover the logo if it turns out I prefer the non-logo look better? Thanks.
I've got the parts needed for the accent lighting and ran a few prototypes last night. I'm going to install in my WK (hopefully) tonight and see how they look. A basic kit would include two accent lights on 6' leads, and a 3 way splitter for tying into an existing set of lights. I'll also add wired and wireless controller upgrades for those that want to use them without cupholder rings. That would essentially make them universal for any vehicle.

There's really no way to cover the logo once cut. The rings are now one piece and the bedliner is applied before cutting. The CNC cuts through the bedliner to create the logo. So, it's pretty much all or nothing.
Unread 02-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #614
Keeslinger31
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I should have some by Thursday.
Awesome thanks!
Unread 02-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #615
caulk04
2008 WK 

Wow, that looks great! I like the Jeep logo as well, my last question is how dim do the lights go? I want it very subtle, hoping they go that low. I'll order in a couple days here if you can tell me they go real dim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.