WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #526
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Haha, I certainly try.

I'll see what I can accomplish this week. If it's too bright, I'll get creative. I've got a few ideas about how I can diffuse with acrylic. The key will be to keep it as simple as possible, and if so, I can keep the cost pretty low. Okay, I took at the link, and although they may be discontinued, that are absolutely insane with the MSRP. Heck, even if I have to make something with acrylic for diffusing, I can't imagine it would cost more than $30 shipped at most. I'll add up parts costs, but it may be even closer to $25 for an upgrade kit that would plug right into the existing controller.

What I could do is simply offer the controller separately for those that want it. I think most guys would want it tied together. I guess we'll see.

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #527
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Okay, question for you guys. Here is what the ORT logo would look like paired with the Jeep logo. At least to me, they look a little mismatched due to the different fonts. There isn't much I can do about that short of skewing or changing the scale. Thoughts?

Unread 09-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #528
sickchilly
2010 WK 

I guess I'm not hip to this ORT thing. It's all Jeep for me.

Cool that you're working on mood lighting too! Can't wait.
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #529
davy27

Received mine a week ago and couldnt wait to install it with the wireless controller so I copied the previous member who had it in the little cubby hole between the power outlets.

Awesome product! Matches my led controls perfectly!

Few questions/concerns,

How durable are they to seeping water from cold drinks n such?

What can I do to make the cupholders more secure. My driver side is perfect, passenger is quite snug as well but just wondering. 3m tape?
davy27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #530
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickchilly View Post
I guess I'm not hip to this ORT thing. It's all Jeep for me.

Cool that you're working on mood lighting too! Can't wait.
No worries man. Some like it, some don't. Some guys prefer just the simple rings as opposed to any wording at all. I'm trying to cover it all either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy27 View Post
Received mine a week ago and couldnt wait to install it with the wireless controller so I copied the previous member who had it in the little cubby hole between the power outlets.

Awesome product! Matches my led controls perfectly!

Few questions/concerns,

How durable are they to seeping water from cold drinks n such?

What can I do to make the cupholders more secure. My driver side is perfect, passenger is quite snug as well but just wondering. 3m tape?
Those look great! The colors are indeed a perfect match.

Regarding moisture, there shouldn't be any issues. I've tested the strips by leaving them submersed in water. If for some reason you do have problems, just let me know. I've taken care of everyone that has come to me.

Yeah, a little 3M tape would be fine. As you noticed I did try to make the fit as tight as possible.
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:16 AM   #531
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6
I dont want to offend anyone, but what is the purpose of this modification? We are mostly adults drive Jeeps...not teens driving rice burning pimped out Hondas.

Thats just my take.
He's making LED cup holder rings...he didn't advertise LED undercarriage lights or Exhaust tip LED's.. So are you saying that the manufacturer of the 2013 Jeeps decided to copy Rice burning Honda's when they chose to add standard lights in the cup holders? I don't know about you but I like the idea of being able to see what I'm grabbing out of my cup holders at night rather than turning the interior lights on...especially with having the option to change the color of the lights to match my paint or interior dashboard lights...a better option than what the new jeeps even have.. So... Again... How is this related to rice burning teenagers driving pimped out Hondas? I don't see the connection here...
07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #532
bmcginnis
2005 WK 

How can I do this? Who do I order through?
bmcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #533
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcginnis View Post
How can I do this? Who do I order through?
http://jeep-core.com/

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #534
bmcginnis
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ
Found it! Thanks!
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #535
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Thanks for the order man.

Just a quick update for those waiting on the new rings for other Jeep models. My last plastic shipment was incorrect. They've reshipped but I won't have it until Monday or Tuesday. Sorry for the delay guys.
Unread 09-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #536
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerized6 View Post
I dont want to offend anyone, but what is the purpose of this modification? We are mostly adults drive Jeeps...not teens driving rice burning pimped out Hondas.

Thats just my take.
Why does it have to be riced out? Do you live in a boring world where you do what the other guy is or are you scared to do what you think is cool
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #537
bmcginnis
2005 WK 

Got my cup holder lights installed! They look great! Awesome product @craigbru!
Unread 10-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #538
AcidAnton
Czech OffRoader

2005 WK 

I'm ordering the ORT when it comes available
Silver WK Club Member #88
HEMI Club Member #80
AcidAnton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #539
lawsonej
1998 ZJ 

Craig, i ordered a wireless controller. Which ending do i need to buy? Appreciate it, Evan
lawsonej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #540
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

I want one for my zj
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.