WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #421
ChrisWK
2005 WK 

I want a set

Hello new to cup holder LEDs, can I order I set for my 05 wk .

Thanks

Chris

Limited HEMI Dark Khaki Pearl SRT8 Full Body Kit, Roof Rails,SRT8 Engine Strut Bar, Lund Rear Spoiler, MYGIG INSTALLED with LOCKPICK, Kenwood Sub,AFE Intake, Taylor Spark Plug Wires,G2 Silver Painted Brake Calipers, Billet Tech Catch Can, Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear, Eibach Lowering Springs,Xenon Volt HID Lows 6k,Chrome SRT Reps
ChrisWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #422
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Awesome, thanks Craig! You're the best
Happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWK View Post
Hello new to cup holder LEDs, can I order I set for my 05 wk .

Thanks

Chris
Sure thing man, head over here and order up a set.
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM   #423
lawsonej
1998 ZJ 

very happy with the looks of my lights! highly recommended folks.
wp_20130627_023.jpg   wp_20130620_007.jpg  
lawsonej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #424
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Arrived today thanks Craig. Much appreciated. Will be fitting them sometime in the next couple of days, unfortunately work gets in the way lol.

One quick question to those who have fitted them , do the Perspex surfaces get scratched with use? I'm presuming the one rubber insert I currently have is discarded once they're fitted as it would cove them up completely !

Cheers
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:58 PM   #425
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Now my car is back and I'm home, haven't had time to install them 100% but I have connected them to a 12v supply going to the vehicle lights, they look great BUT..........

If I have them set to for example green, when I dim the vehicle lights from the stalk, the LEDs dim , then change colour in the case of green, to blue.

What's causing this ( is it the reduced current almost replicating the control module ? ) more to the point is there any way around it ?

Not a moan, very interesting lol.
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #426
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
Now my car is back and I'm home, haven't had time to install them 100% but I have connected them to a 12v supply going to the vehicle lights, they look great BUT..........

If I have them set to for example green, when I dim the vehicle lights from the stalk, the LEDs dim , then change colour in the case of green, to blue.

What's causing this ( is it the reduced current almost replicating the control module ? ) more to the point is there any way around it ?

Not a moan, very interesting lol.
I do know the controller doesn't like running off the existing lighting. That's why I've been recommending just tapping into a regular 12v source. If you do want them to turn on with the lights, the best way around that is use a relay or do this...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l#post15458198

That should fix the issue.
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #427
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Testing underway...

Unread 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #428
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I do know the controller doesn't like running off the existing lighting. That's why I've been recommending just tapping into a regular 12v source. If you do want them to turn on with the lights, the best way around that is use a relay or do this...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l#post15458198

That should fix the issue.

Yes I was heading off down the relay route, got loads of the things laying around , I was more intrigued why it does it
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #429
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Yeah, the why is a good question. I've no idea. Standard LED's don't have an issue. It's only when using the controller with RGB LED's. We've speculated that it's likely an issue with current draw, as voltage tests fine. It's not an issue with amperage at the fuse either. It's got to be some unseen circuitry after that.
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #430
Ditchd
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Yeah, the why is a good question. I've no idea. Standard LED's don't have an issue. It's only when using the controller with RGB LED's. We've speculated that it's likely an issue with current draw, as voltage tests fine. It's not an issue with amperage at the fuse either. It's got to be some unseen circuitry after that.
Ah well another of life's great mysteries just like why does my dog chase his farts
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #431
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
Ah well another of life's great mysteries just like why does my dog chase his farts
Haha, indeed. Although unfortunately I know a few people who would do the same. Needless to say I avoid them whenever possible, especially in confined spaces...
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #432
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

A little progress tonight guys! However, I'm not happy yet. Would you believe that there is 4 layers of Plasti Dip on the ring? There is still a little light bleed. Simply adding more layers of PD isn't a good option. So, tomorrow I'll try a single bottom layer of regular spray paint, and then a layer of PD. I think that will give me exactly what I'm looking for. Thoughts?

Unread 08-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #433
sickchilly
2010 WK 

Seriously cool! Looks too beautiful to be buried in a cup well.
Unread 08-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #434
lafacej
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
A little progress tonight guys! However, I'm not happy yet. Would you believe that there is 4 layers of Plasti Dip on the ring? There is still a little light bleed. Simply adding more layers of PD isn't a good option. So, tomorrow I'll try a single bottom layer of regular spray paint, and then a layer of PD. I think that will give me exactly what I'm looking for. Thoughts?
Nice! When you get these done I want a set!
lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #435
bhawks28
2009 WK 

wow man those look sweet!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.