WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 29 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Reply
Unread 07-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #421
ChrisWK
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta, Ga.
Posts: 131
I want a set

Hello new to cup holder LEDs, can I order I set for my 05 wk .

Thanks

Chris

__________________
Limited HEMI Dark Khaki Pearl SRT8 Full Body Kit, Roof Rails,SRT8 Engine Strut Bar, Lund Rear Spoiler, MYGIG INSTALLED with LOCKPICK, Kenwood Sub,AFE Intake, Taylor Spark Plug Wires,G2 Silver Painted Brake Calipers, Billet Tech Catch Can, Addco Sway Bars Front and Rear, Eibach Lowering Springs,Xenon Volt HID Lows 6k,Chrome SRT Reps
ChrisWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #422
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
Awesome, thanks Craig! You're the best
Happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWK View Post
Hello new to cup holder LEDs, can I order I set for my 05 wk .

Thanks

Chris
Sure thing man, head over here and order up a set.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #423
lawsonej
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Batavia, oh
Posts: 77
very happy with the looks of my lights! highly recommended folks.
wp_20130627_023.jpg   wp_20130620_007.jpg  
lawsonej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #424
Ditchd
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Billingham, Cleveland
Posts: 81
Arrived today thanks Craig. Much appreciated. Will be fitting them sometime in the next couple of days, unfortunately work gets in the way lol.

One quick question to those who have fitted them , do the Perspex surfaces get scratched with use? I'm presuming the one rubber insert I currently have is discarded once they're fitted as it would cove them up completely !

Cheers
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #425
Ditchd
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Billingham, Cleveland
Posts: 81
Now my car is back and I'm home, haven't had time to install them 100% but I have connected them to a 12v supply going to the vehicle lights, they look great BUT..........

If I have them set to for example green, when I dim the vehicle lights from the stalk, the LEDs dim , then change colour in the case of green, to blue.

What's causing this ( is it the reduced current almost replicating the control module ? ) more to the point is there any way around it ?

Not a moan, very interesting lol.
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #426
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
Now my car is back and I'm home, haven't had time to install them 100% but I have connected them to a 12v supply going to the vehicle lights, they look great BUT..........

If I have them set to for example green, when I dim the vehicle lights from the stalk, the LEDs dim , then change colour in the case of green, to blue.

What's causing this ( is it the reduced current almost replicating the control module ? ) more to the point is there any way around it ?

Not a moan, very interesting lol.
I do know the controller doesn't like running off the existing lighting. That's why I've been recommending just tapping into a regular 12v source. If you do want them to turn on with the lights, the best way around that is use a relay or do this...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l#post15458198

That should fix the issue.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #427
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Testing underway...

__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #428
Ditchd
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Billingham, Cleveland
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I do know the controller doesn't like running off the existing lighting. That's why I've been recommending just tapping into a regular 12v source. If you do want them to turn on with the lights, the best way around that is use a relay or do this...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/w...l#post15458198

That should fix the issue.

Yes I was heading off down the relay route, got loads of the things laying around , I was more intrigued why it does it
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #429
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Yeah, the why is a good question. I've no idea. Standard LED's don't have an issue. It's only when using the controller with RGB LED's. We've speculated that it's likely an issue with current draw, as voltage tests fine. It's not an issue with amperage at the fuse either. It's got to be some unseen circuitry after that.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #430
Ditchd
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Billingham, Cleveland
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Yeah, the why is a good question. I've no idea. Standard LED's don't have an issue. It's only when using the controller with RGB LED's. We've speculated that it's likely an issue with current draw, as voltage tests fine. It's not an issue with amperage at the fuse either. It's got to be some unseen circuitry after that.
Ah well another of life's great mysteries just like why does my dog chase his farts
Ditchd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #431
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchd View Post
Ah well another of life's great mysteries just like why does my dog chase his farts
Haha, indeed. Although unfortunately I know a few people who would do the same. Needless to say I avoid them whenever possible, especially in confined spaces...
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #432
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 674
A little progress tonight guys! However, I'm not happy yet. Would you believe that there is 4 layers of Plasti Dip on the ring? There is still a little light bleed. Simply adding more layers of PD isn't a good option. So, tomorrow I'll try a single bottom layer of regular spray paint, and then a layer of PD. I think that will give me exactly what I'm looking for. Thoughts?

__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #433
sickchilly
Registered User
2010 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 207
Seriously cool! Looks too beautiful to be buried in a cup well.
__________________
2010 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat Grand Cherokee S-Limited with various bits 'n pieces... broken in but not even finished!
sickchilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #434
lafacej
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Oakmont, Pa
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
A little progress tonight guys! However, I'm not happy yet. Would you believe that there is 4 layers of Plasti Dip on the ring? There is still a little light bleed. Simply adding more layers of PD isn't a good option. So, tomorrow I'll try a single bottom layer of regular spray paint, and then a layer of PD. I think that will give me exactly what I'm looking for. Thoughts?
Nice! When you get these done I want a set!
lafacej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #435
bhawks28
Registered User
2009 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 766
wow man those look sweet!
__________________
2009 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L V6 QT1 | OME HD lift | 255/75/17 BFG Mud-Terrain on Moab wheels
bhawks28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.