WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 05-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #331
holmants
2005 WK 

Got my cup holder rings yesterday and installed them today. They look awesome, and that was in the middle of the day. I can't wait to see what they look like once it gets dark out. I will hopefully be able to post some pics tonight. Amazing product.

holmants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #332
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmants View Post
Got my cup holder rings yesterday and installed them today. They look awesome, and that was in the middle of the day. I can't wait to see what they look like once it gets dark out. I will hopefully be able to post some pics tonight. Amazing product.
Yeah! Thanks for the positive feedback. If you get some pics up, can I post them to the gallery?
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #333
holmants
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

Yeah! Thanks for the positive feedback. If you get some pics up, can I post them to the gallery?
Absolutely!
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #334
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Love the Plastidip idea. I'll try both a cut insert and the Plastidip as well. I'll go with whichever one looks better and seems the most cost/labor effective. There's no doubt the Plastidip could save some time and materials. Saved time equals cheaper selling price, as long as the quality is still there.
Totally. I was thinking the same thing as you, but trying to cut out vinyl or something and not only get it centered, but get the inners of the "eep" as well over and over would be torture. Plastidip or some kinda liquid rubber poured in and scraped level would not only be faster and easier, it would be more reproducible and give a better grip like the rubber mat that's in there already than some kinda sticker.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #335
holmants
2005 WK 

How do I delete this comment?
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #336
holmants
2005 WK 

Here are some pics from today/tonight. I was hoping my iPhone would have taken better pics but unfortunately it didn't. I tried to get some photos of the colors we haven't seen much of.

The entire album can be found here...

http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/ho...?sort=3&page=1
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #337
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Hey Craig I hooked up my dynamics to the fuse pannel in the jeep lights didn't work so I flipped the wires they light but only green won't change color speed or mode am I doing something wrong ?
Unread 05-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #338
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Hey Craig I hooked up my dynamics to the fuse pannel in the jeep lights didn't work so I flipped the wires they light but only green won't change color speed or mode am I doing something wrong ?
Try plugging one of the rings directly into the controller. See if it will cycle then. Test both this way. If they seem to work, then double check the way that you are plugging them in to the Y adapter. There should be arrows on the plugs that have to align. If that isn't the issue, then the controller may be faulty. If that's the case, I'll send you a new one, but I'd like to rule out other possibilities first.

Do you have another 12v power source we could test from as well?
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #339
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

With out splicing no. But I will try without y adapter and let u know
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #340
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Figured it out wires where on wrong the second time if you plug them in wrong and don't get anything flip the rgb controller that did the trick after I changed the wires red to positive and red n black to neg then plug in rgb and flip if they don't work got it a little playing with them to figured out rgb controller they are bright at bright setting I was looking at them while changing and my eyes are hurting and seeing black dots
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #341
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Figured it out wires where on wrong the second time if you plug them in wrong and don't get anything flip the rgb controller that did the trick after I changed the wires red to positive and red n black to neg then plug in rgb and flip if they don't work got it a little playing with them to figured out rgb controller they are bright at bright setting I was looking at them while changing and my eyes are hurting and seeing black dots
Awesome. Glad it was a simple fix. Yeah, they can be pretty bright. I've been running mine at the lowest of the 5 settings and that seems about right.
Unread 05-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #342
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

these are sweet... can i ask how the wj ones are going? if you needed the insert i could just ship mine to you, then you could have it in hand to fit and test, and i could send a return tag so it wouldn't cost anything to ship back
i want to get a set for sure when you get something going for the wj's. nice work
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #343
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
these are sweet... can i ask how the wj ones are going? if you needed the insert i could just ship mine to you, then you could have it in hand to fit and test, and i could send a return tag so it wouldn't cost anything to ship back
i want to get a set for sure when you get something going for the wj's. nice work
The first WJ set should be finished tonight. I had another member send me his insert for testing, so they are guaranteed to fit. I wish all prototyping were this easy, haha. As far as making sets to sell, I should have some in stock on the site before the end of next week. So, not much longer to wait!
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #344
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
The first WJ set should be finished tonight. I had another member send me his insert for testing, so they are guaranteed to fit. I wish all prototyping were this easy, haha. As far as making sets to sell, I should have some in stock on the site before the end of next week. So, not much longer to wait!
very nice... yeah im pretty newish to the jeep world but it seems to be like living in the country, if you need a hand theres always a guy near by to help you out.

can't wait to place my order, very nice work man.
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #345
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by its-me-B View Post
very nice... yeah im pretty newish to the jeep world but it seems to be like living in the country, if you need a hand theres always a guy near by to help you out.

can't wait to place my order, very nice work man.
Yeah, Jeep guys are a pretty awesome bunch. It's been my experience that almost all of them will go above and beyond. My wife, who normally doesn't care about anything automotive related has even been coming around to the Jeep side of things. Just the other day she walked up to a guy in a parking lot and asked about his Jeep. She just thought it looked cool. Turns out is was a nicely built '49! I'm so proud of her, haha.

Yeah, bookmark the site, like it on facebook, or just pop in this thread every so often. I'll post up when I'm ready to sell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.