WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-21-2013, 04:00 AM   #316
brad248

Quote:
Originally Posted by guls View Post
It would be nice to have the rectangular one with "Jeep" in the middle that lights up.
Seen some on ebay for Hyundai/ Kia
^x2! That would be awesome

brad248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #317
Whit
1950 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guls
It would be nice to have the rectangular one with "Jeep" in the middle that lights up.
^^ x3 WITH the RF controller as an upgrade option.

2010 WK, 3.7l, Rubicon wheels in Anthracite, K&N intake, Hypertech, 2.25" RRO lift, Bilstein 5100, Stillen brakes, 265/70-17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Cupholder Ring LED's, Expanded Sheet Grill mod
UPCOMING MODS: Fastman TB, cargo LED's
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #318
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
I have mine illuminated with ACC on. Here are a few daytime photos.
Those look great Whit! Question though, in the first pic, it looks like the rings are 2 different colors, is that the case? If so, one of the connectors on the strip may be slightly loose. If that's not the the case, then disregard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R View Post
Man these are sooo sweet I cannot wait to get a set for the JK
I'm still waiting on JK measurements... Good news though, I'll have 97~2000 TJ and 99~04 WJ Grand Cherokee soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad248 View Post
^x2! That would be awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit View Post
^^ x3 WITH the RF controller as an upgrade option.
I'm looking into that. If you want a logo, I can probably do that as well. It will come at the expense of machine time though. I'd have to use a smaller end mill to get the lettering correct. I can certainly offer it as an upgrade. Yes, I'm also going to get some RF controllers in the near future. I'll offer them separately for those that either already ordered, or don't want to wait to order.
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #319
Whit
1950 CJ3A 

[QUOTE=craigbru;15460363]Those look great Whit! Question though, in the first pic, it looks like the rings are 2 different colors, is that the case? If so, one of the connectors on the strip may be slightly loose. If that's not the the case, then disregard!

They are two different colors. I thought it was one of the selectable modes on the controller... lol. I'll check to see if a connection if loose but I might leave it since my kids think the multicolors are cool.

2010 WK, 3.7l, Rubicon wheels in Anthracite, K&N intake, Hypertech, 2.25" RRO lift, Bilstein 5100, Stillen brakes, 265/70-17 Hankook DynaPro ATM, Cupholder Ring LED's, Expanded Sheet Grill mod
UPCOMING MODS: Fastman TB, cargo LED's
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #320
tom19511
2006 WK 

Anyone know a way to use the Mini Fuse Tap "Add-A-Circuit on the fusebox under the dash?
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #321
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

[quote=Whit;15460808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Those look great Whit! Question though, in the first pic, it looks like the rings are 2 different colors, is that the case? If so, one of the connectors on the strip may be slightly loose. If that's not the the case, then disregard!

They are two different colors. I thought it was one of the selectable modes on the controller... lol. I'll check to see if a connection if loose but I might leave it since my kids think the multicolors are cool.
Lol, no, they should both be the same at all times. To find out which one may have a loose connection, cycle through all the colors until one of the rings is dimly or not lit. That will be the one with the loose connection. If wiggling it or adjusting it doesn't fix the issue, you could try disconnecting and reconnecting the connector. It's a little tricky though. If you simply can't get it to work correctly at all, I'll send you out a replacement strip. Or leave it and make the kids happy, haha. It's up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom19511 View Post
Anyone know a way to use the Mini Fuse Tap "Add-A-Circuit on the fusebox under the dash?
I'm not terribly sure. audiophonicz may have some input since he researched the other method.
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #322
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom19511 View Post
You can use those to add to any mini blade fuse inside or in the engine bay, you just need a 2nd fuse of the same size or lower.

As for what your adding it to... that's a different question. In regards to this topic, I do not currently believe there is any access to the "parking lamp on" function under the dash.

But if you're asking if you can pop one of these into the radio or ACC fuse to power an amplifier or something, yeah you can do this.
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #323
brad248

I'm looking into that. If you want a logo, I can probably do that as well. It will come at the expense of machine time though. I'd have to use a smaller end mill to get the lettering correct. I can certainly offer it as an upgrade. Yes, I'm also going to get some RF controllers in the near future. I'll offer them separately for those that either already ordered, or don't want to wait to order.[/QUOTE]

I can speak for everyone else but I certainly understand that it would take more machining time and more of your time. But it would be worth it. Where else can you find awesome things like this...no where that I know of. I would be extremely interested in seeing a sample and a price on the jeep logo when you get time, which I am sure is not easy with the amount of cupholder lights you are making. I got my cupholder lights yesterday and got them installed and they look great!
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #324
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:

I can speak for everyone else but I certainly understand that it would take more machining time and more of your time. But it would be worth it. Where else can you find awesome things like this...no where that I know of. I would be extremely interested in seeing a sample and a price on the jeep logo when you get time, which I am sure is not easy with the amount of cupholder lights you are making. I got my cupholder lights yesterday and got them installed and they look great!
Haha, well, we'll find out. I've ordered a smaller end mill for my CNC and will do some testing next week. I'm thinking of leaving the logo raised when I cut the clear acrylic, and then the dark gray insert would lay around it. This could be supremely awesome.

EDIT: Got any pics? I'd love to add them to the customer gallery!
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #325
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

Quote:
Haha, well, we'll find out. I've ordered a smaller end mill for my CNC and will do some testing next week. I'm thinking of leaving the logo raised when I cut the clear acrylic, and then the dark gray insert would lay around it.
Dude I was thinking the same thing, bevel the edges and raise the letters to get a nice little "pool" effect going. Then probably using a syringe or something pour in some plastidip to get a nice even surface, contain the light, and add some traction. You'd get the same outside border that glows and the pretty Jeep lettering!
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #326
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophonicz View Post
Dude I was thinking the same thing, bevel the edges and raise the letters to get a nice little "pool" effect going. Then probably using a syringe or something pour in some plastidip to get a nice even surface, contain the light, and add some traction. You'd get the same outside border that glows and the pretty Jeep lettering!
Love the Plastidip idea. I'll try both a cut insert and the Plastidip as well. I'll go with whichever one looks better and seems the most cost/labor effective. There's no doubt the Plastidip could save some time and materials. Saved time equals cheaper selling price, as long as the quality is still there.
Unread 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #327
zeds_dead
2005 WK 

Thanks for the hard work buddy. Just placed my order with ya!
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #328
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeds_dead View Post
Thanks for the hard work buddy. Just placed my order with ya!
Got it! Thanks man. I'll get it sent out tomorrow!
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #329
brad248

Quote:

Haha, well, we'll find out. I've ordered a smaller end mill for my CNC and will do some testing next week. I'm thinking of leaving the logo raised when I cut the clear acrylic, and then the dark gray insert would lay around it. This could be supremely awesome.

EDIT: Got any pics? I'd love to add them to the customer gallery!
I dont right now but I can sure get you some! I also have the controller mounted in a cool spot. I put in the plastic cubby right infront of the shifter I used a dremel and cut holes in the ends and bairly requires any wiring extension. I can get pics of that too if you want
Unread 05-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #330
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
I dont right now but I can sure get you some! I also have the controller mounted in a cool spot. I put in the plastic cubby right infront of the shifter I used a dremel and cut holes in the ends and bairly requires any wiring extension. I can get pics of that too if you want
Yeah, I'd love pics of both the lights and the controller. Thanks!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.