WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #286
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
hmmm, the thing that doesn't make sense to me, is the connector on the led rings. I don't want to drill a hole that big for the connector to fit through, that would surely be noticeable. Im thinking my only other option is to cut the connector off, feet the wires through and then re-splice the connector back on after it is fed through. I don't know
Check this out man.

http://jeep-core.com/200810-wk-grand...-installation/

Unread 05-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #287
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Sweet. Lol,

Well I did everything pretty much exactly how you had written it anyways. I cut the holes in the cup holders so small that the wires barely fit. But I cut the connectors off and im gonna re-solder them on afterwords. I just wanted a real small slit in the cup holder. Im a little picky. lol
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #288
holmants
2005 WK 

With the wiring setup that comes with our order, is there a way to set up the rings so that they are only on when the lights are on or will they stay on as long as the key is turned on? Thanks!
holmants is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #289
marka2k

2006 WK 

Yes I will tell me what you want (same as post #277 ?) and I will work on it this weekend

Quote:
Outstanding! I see it Mark. I'll get it out tomorrow. If you are willing to work with me on measurements for your wife's Commander, I'll get some made, haha.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #290
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Sweet. Lol,

Well I did everything pretty much exactly how you had written it anyways. I cut the holes in the cup holders so small that the wires barely fit. But I cut the connectors off and im gonna re-solder them on afterwords. I just wanted a real small slit in the cup holder. Im a little picky. lol
Lol, okay, that works too. When resoldering, please note the black and red wires matched, but the blue and green's were switched. That's just the way the plugs were manufactured, and I had to go blue-green, green-blue to 'correct' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmants View Post
With the wiring setup that comes with our order, is there a way to set up the rings so that they are only on when the lights are on or will they stay on as long as the key is turned on? Thanks!
You can't do it with what I sent. I know exactly which wires you'd have to tap in to, but while there is enough voltage, there isn't quite enough amperage (just a guess), to run the RGB controller. Before I switched to RBG it was testing fine, after RGB, not so much. So, it's either turn on with the ignition or you would have to use a relay to work with the light's alone. I can let you know which wires to use if you want to attempt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
Yes I will tell me what you want (same as post #277 ?) and I will work on it this weekend
Yep, just like #277. With any luck they might match one of the WK versions. I also notice you have a '04 TJ in your sig. Would you be willing to get measurements there too?
Unread 05-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #291
marka2k

2006 WK 

Yes I will do the 04 Wrangler as well, I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee if you ever decide to include the WJ rigs as well

Quote:
Lol, okay, that works too. When resoldering, please note the black and red wires matched, but the blue and green's were switched. That's just the way the plugs were manufactured, and I had to go blue-green, green-blue to 'correct' it.

You can't do it with what I sent. I know exactly which wires you'd have to tap in to, but while there is enough voltage, there isn't quite enough amperage (just a guess), to run the RGB controller. Before I switched to RBG it was testing fine, after RGB, not so much. So, it's either turn on with the ignition or you would have to use a relay to work with the light's alone. I can let you know which wires to use if you want to attempt it.

Yep, just like #277. With any luck they might match one of the WK versions. I also notice you have a '04 TJ in your sig. Would you be willing to get measurements there too?

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #292
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
Yes I will do the 04 Wrangler as well, I also have a 2000 Grand Cherokee if you ever decide to include the WJ rigs as well
The TJ would be great. I've got someone working on a 2000 WJ already, or I'd certainly take you up on it.
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #293
Bogie
2005 WK 

craigbru 05-07 Commanders use the same cup holder 07-10 has no insert and will be different size
Previous Jeeps - 78 SJ,91 YJ,94 ZJ,98 XJ,06 LJ Rubi
Bogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #294
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

If anyone is wondering about shipping time, I live in Portland Oregon and it SHIPPED on Monday and got here today (Friday), and it took two days from when I placed my order for it to be shipped.
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM   #295
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Quote:
I somehow noticed that too, right at the last minute before I soldered I looked at the other cord and seen the blue/green mismatch.

I got it all done. I also didn't think that I could live without the controller accessible. So I wired it so that the controller is in that little cubby hole in the dash right below all the temperature settings. If you pull the rubber piece out of that cubby, there are holes big enough to feed the wires through. I did however have to cut the connector side of the controller off and re-solder or splice that back on after i fed the wires through. It was a lot more work, but now my controller is easily accessible and hardly noticeable.

Looks great btw. Pictures coming in a minute

EDIT:
Pictures

Here is a cell phone pic of how I have the controller installed in that cubby

And here are some pictures of it completed

08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #296
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc

I somehow noticed that too, right at the last minute before I soldered I looked at the other cord and seen the blue/green mismatch.

I got it all done. I also didn't think that I could live without the controller accessible. So I wired it so that the controller is in that little cubby hole in the dash right below all the temperature settings. If you pull the rubber piece out of that cubby, there are holes big enough to feed the wires through. I did however have to cut the connector side of the controller off and re-solder or splice that back on after i fed the wires through. It was a lot more work, but now my controller is easily accessible and hardly noticeable.

EDIT:
Pictures

Here is a cell phone pic of how I have the controller installed in that cubby

And here are some pictures of it completed
Look ssoooooooo sick
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #297
tom19511
2006 WK 

Dammit, hxdrummerxc.. I never thought of putting it in there. Now I may have to go back and put it there. I left it under the trim pieces.....Ehhh.. Not now though.. I was also thinking of putting it in the cupholder rectangle trough too... Oh well Later maybe...Looks good...
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #298
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

BTW- I only have the one cupholder in the gear shift console--98 TJ-- I do not have a center console between the seats so I am not sure if the size differs from the other console but I can measure it if you need
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #299
LJS8510
Web Wheeler

2008 WK 

Quote:
That looks great.

Good Luck

08 CRD @ 163,000
OME HD Lift about 3"
4xGuard Rails
Stillens
AEV Wheels 5.75 BS
JBA UCA's
GSA 255/75/17 32.1" (no bolt cut/no pinch weld)
spare 265/70/17 stock location
Lockpic, 100,000 club
LJS8510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #300
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
craigbru 05-07 Commanders use the same cup holder 07-10 has no insert and will be different size
So, they changed console designs when the GC's did. Man, it would be great if they were identical.

Quote:

EDIT:
Pictures

**Pic snip
Those look fantastic man! Mind if I put your pics in a gallery on the website? What you did with the controller looks pretty good. Maybe I'll add some commentary to the install instructions showing it as an optional way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronitty View Post
BTW- I only have the one cupholder in the gear shift console--98 TJ-- I do not have a center console between the seats so I am not sure if the size differs from the other console but I can measure it if you need
That would be great if you could. If it's between 69~70mm, then it's the same as the double cupholder console. Meaning I can minimize parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS8510 View Post
That looks great.

Good Luck
Thanks man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.