WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Reply
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #271
sixfoot9psu
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: York, PA
Posts: 502
yep! got mine around lunch time! not sure when i'll have time to install though, i have a long list of stuff i need/want to do

__________________
'05 GC 5.7L Hemi QDII...Rock Krawler lift, 4XGuard Matrix, rock sliders, front and rear skids, belly guard, rear diff guard, Bilstein HDs, Volant intake, 265/70 Goodyear DuraTracs, Superchips, Rola roof rack, BORA wheel spacers, Rocky Road Leveling Spacers, Magnaflow muffler, KC Slimlights, BT catch can, tb cover, and underhood kit, Expanded Sheet Metal Grille
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sixfoot9psus-build-thread-1341203/"]Build Thread[/URL]

'09 G8 GT 6.0L...Kooks Headers, Rotofab intake, SLP exhaust, Vector Motorsports Tune
sixfoot9psu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #272
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 497
Mine just came in today. They look good. Super excited to install them, but sadly it may have to wait until next weekend. Got my wedding shower this weekend.

BTW, do you have any JK measurements yet? I might be able to get my brother to measure his JK for you.


EDIT:

do you have install instructions for 08-10. And approx how long would it take? Looking at the piece, it looks fairly easy. It don't look like it would be too time consuming. I carpool to work, and its not my day to drive. So I might just tackle it today

Judging from your pictures, it looks all straight forward. We splice into the power of the left power outlet (I had to do the same for my remote amp wire). Drill two small holes in the bottom of the cup holders for the wires to go. Do we just use some mounting tape or something to keep the 08-10 models down? because they don't have the little popped out pieces to hold the rings down like the 05-07
__________________
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #273
tom19511
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sheffield Lake, OH
Posts: 433
Got mine today too!! Going in on Sunday... Can't wait...
__________________
Tom19511
tchristopher1@wowway.com
2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7
2007 Liberty Sport 3.7
tom19511 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #274
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Mine just came in today. They look good. Super excited to install them, but sadly it may have to wait until next weekend. Got my wedding shower this weekend.

BTW, do you have any JK measurements yet? I might be able to get my brother to measure his JK for you.


EDIT:

do you have install instructions for 08-10. And approx how long would it take? Looking at the piece, it looks fairly easy. It don't look like it would be too time consuming. I carpool to work, and its not my day to drive. So I might just tackle it today

Judging from your pictures, it looks all straight forward. We splice into the power of the left power outlet (I had to do the same for my remote amp wire). Drill two small holes in the bottom of the cup holders for the wires to go. Do we just use some mounting tape or something to keep the 08-10 models down? because they don't have the little popped out pieces to hold the rings down like the 05-07
I don't have JK measurements yet. If you could get some for me, that would be great!

I'll get the 08~10 instructions up tonight. I got started on them last night but didn't have time to finish. When bhawks24 did his, he drilled two holes side by side, and then used a utility knife to open the area between them. You can't just drill a hole outright as it would be to big, and you would see it. You also can't just drill straight down since you have the rear vents traveling under there. He's got a few pics I'll post with the instructions so it's a little more clear. Also, I would love for anyone else to take pics as they install too. As far as install time, I suppose an hour or two depending on how meticulous you want it be. I think I did mine in about 45 minutes, but my procedure was a little different.

I never thought about a little tape to hold the ring down. It's not something that has come up in my convo's with bhawks. It might not be a bad idea. I do use a double sided carpet tape to hold pieces down when I mill. Something like that would be ideal for this too. It's thin, but plenty sticky.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #275
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
I don't have JK measurements yet. If you could get some for me, that would be great!

I'll get the 08~10 instructions up tonight. I got started on them last night but didn't have time to finish. When bhawks24 did his, he drilled two holes side by side, and then used a utility knife to open the area between them. You can't just drill a hole outright as it would be to big, and you would see it. You also can't just drill straight down since you have the rear vents traveling under there. He's got a few pics I'll post with the instructions so it's a little more clear. Also, I would love for anyone else to take pics as they install too. As far as install time, I suppose an hour or two depending on how meticulous you want it be. I think I did mine in about 45 minutes, but my procedure was a little different.

I never thought about a little tape to hold the ring down. It's not something that has come up in my convo's with bhawks. It might not be a bad idea. I do use a double sided carpet tape to hold pieces down when I mill. Something like that would be ideal for this too. It's thin, but plenty sticky.

Awesome,
Ill see if I can get him to measure it this weekend. But how would you measure that?

Also I already wired the controller to the left 12v power outlet. And I tested the rings, they look GREAT!

Now, if I have time this weekend all I will have to do is cut those holes in the cup holders and call it good
__________________
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #276
2005JeepHemi
Registered User
2005 WK 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Amelia, Ohio
Posts: 26
officially on my to-do list
2005JeepHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #277
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Mine just came in today. They look good. Super excited to install them, but sadly it may have to wait until next weekend. Got my wedding shower this weekend.

BTW, do you have any JK measurements yet? I might be able to get my brother to measure his JK for you.


EDIT:

do you have install instructions for 08-10. And approx how long would it take? Looking at the piece, it looks fairly easy. It don't look like it would be too time consuming. I carpool to work, and its not my day to drive. So I might just tackle it today

Judging from your pictures, it looks all straight forward. We splice into the power of the left power outlet (I had to do the same for my remote amp wire). Drill two small holes in the bottom of the cup holders for the wires to go. Do we just use some mounting tape or something to keep the 08-10 models down? because they don't have the little popped out pieces to hold the rings down like the 05-07
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
Awesome,
Ill see if I can get him to measure it this weekend. But how would you measure that?

Also I already wired the controller to the left 12v power outlet. And I tested the rings, they look GREAT!

Now, if I have time this weekend all I will have to do is cut those holes in the cup holders and call it good
Outstanding! Here is the best method for measuring I could come up with using readily available objects.

First grab a couple of toothpicks and some tape.



Snap off or cut one end of each toothpick.



Tape toothpicks together with flat ends out.



Place in the bottom of the cupholder. Pull out or push in on one of the toothpicks until it matches the diameter. Rotate position a few times to make sure the measurement is accurate and adjust if needed.



Pull out and measure. I really need mm for the best accuracy.



And there we go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005JeepHemi View Post
officially on my to-do list
Great! I think you'll like them.


**EDIT The 2008~10 install instructions are up!
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #278
cherrybomb05
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,079
Are the cup holders the same diameter anywhere? Say you were to rotate that 25 degrees, would you have to extend or bring in the tooth picks?
__________________
07 WK
10 JKUR
11 JKR
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #279
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Are the cup holders the same diameter anywhere? Say you were to rotate that 25 degrees, would you have to extend or bring in the tooth picks?
They should be the same diameter. I'd be very surprised if some were oval or oblong. Checking at different locations is just a good way to verify. Each cupholder is likely a different diameter from the other however.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #280
brad248
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
Placed my order today and am so pumped! These are awesome! I would also be interested in the controller as well
brad248 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #281
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 497
I just got home from work. ( I work midnights )

Because my weekend is gonna be so busy, im thinking about just staying, not going to bed, and working on finishing the install of these now.

I just need to figure out how drill two small holes in each cupholder to cut a slit out. Im assuming im gonna have to pull my whole center stack up somehow? The cup holders aren't a separate piece, so in order for me to get behind it, it looks like im somehow going to have to pop the whole center piece up..... hmmmmm
__________________
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #282
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
I just got home from work. ( I work midnights )

Because my weekend is gonna be so busy, im thinking about just staying, not going to bed, and working on finishing the install of these now.

I just need to figure out how drill two small holes in each cupholder to cut a slit out. Im assuming im gonna have to pull my whole center stack up somehow? The cup holders aren't a separate piece, so in order for me to get behind it, it looks like im somehow going to have to pop the whole center piece up..... hmmmmm
bhawks28 didn't need to pull his console. I think he just drilled in carefully at an angle. Maybe he can verify.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #283
marka2k
Member
 
marka2k's Avatar
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 451
Just placed the order, however I think you will get me in trouble with the wife she will want a set for her 06 Commander soon
__________________
Looking to purchase 2 BT Catch Cans PM if you have one or two for sale.

Silver WK Club #46
06 WK Overland
MyGiG RER
OEM Parkview Rear Camera
4xGuard Matrix
4XGuard Front Skid
4XGuard Rock Rails
HID Projector
2" Lift

04 TJ Rubicon Silver
Rokmen Fuel Tank Skid
Rokmen Front Skid
Rokmen Tummy Tuck
Novak Shifter
Ground Pounder Fab Front Bumper
Warn M8000 Winch
marka2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #284
craigbru
Jeep to the Core
 
craigbru's Avatar
2007 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka2k View Post
Just placed the order, however I think you will get me in trouble with the wife she will want a set for her 06 Commander soon
Outstanding! I see it Mark. I'll get it out tomorrow. If you are willing to work with me on measurements for your wife's Commander, I'll get some made, haha.
__________________
Losias Technologies
craigbru is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #285
hxdrummerxc
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
bhawks28 didn't need to pull his console. I think he just drilled in carefully at an angle. Maybe he can verify.
hmmm, the thing that doesn't make sense to me, is the connector on the led rings. I don't want to drill a hole that big for the connector to fit through, that would surely be noticeable. Im thinking my only other option is to cut the connector off, feet the wires through and then re-splice the connector back on after it is fed through. I don't know
__________________
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.