WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #256
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmiller930 View Post
The site looks really good Craig! I haven't ordered my set yet, but will get an order in very soon. I can't wait to see everyone's pictures and hear how their experience was to get them hooked up. Craig is the man!
Thanks man! I appreciate any feedback whether it's good or bad. The funny thing is, I had a fully functioning (different) site up for a few weeks, and then redesigned from the ground up in a about 3 days. The former site just didn't look or feel right, although it functioned just fine. I'm so glad I went in the new direction. I'm looking forward to getting a few more models covered.

Speaking of experiences, I'd like as much feedback and as many pics as possible from everyone regarding installation. I've got a good start from my original guinea pig, bhawks28, but it's nice to have other perspectives as well. All this will help make for some solid documentation. I don't want anyone to feel like the installation is above their head.

Also, once the sets start arriving, please let me know if there is anything I can improve upon. I've already refined my process a bit, and am switching to a thicker acrylic based on feedback I've already received. I'm used to making things for myself, so I have my own bias. Making this many parts for others is a whole new ball game. I really want you guys to be happy, and I'll do what I can to make sure you are.

Unread 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #257
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

I've got the 2005~7 WK install instructions up. That took a little longer to write than I had hoped, haha.

http://jeep-core.com/20057-wk-grand-...-installation/
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #258
holmants
2005 WK 

Just a quick question. How long does the shipping seem to take. I just placed my order a few minutes ago and was just curious. They are part of my birthday present but I couldn't wait another month to order them. #veryexcited
holmants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #259
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmants View Post
Just a quick question. How long does the shipping seem to take. I just placed my order a few minutes ago and was just curious. They are part of my birthday present but I couldn't wait another month to order them. #veryexcited
Yes, I did just get your order, thank you. I've been able to ship everything on the next business day. Your order will hit the mail tomorrow, and you'll probably have it in 3 days. So, I would say Saturday or Monday. Oh, and happy early birthday!
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #260
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Can't wait for mine to arrive. Pretty excited !

Quick question, I know that they are RGB now. How easy is it to change the color? is there a swtich? Will you be able to change the color without pulling off the trim around the shifter again?
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #261
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post

Quick question, I know that they are RGB now. How easy is it to change the color? is there a swtich? Will you be able to change the color without pulling off the trim around the shifter again?
There is a little control module. Craig and I talked about a few different places you can stash it to make it semi-accessible, but I just left mine underneath the trim. One idea I had was running some extra long wire to the glove box and stash the controller in there. But I figured I wouldn't be changing it much so I decided against it.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #262
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
There is a little control module. Craig and I talked about a few different places you can stash it to make it semi-accessible, but I just left mine underneath the trim. One idea I had was running some extra long wire to the glove box and stash the controller in there. But I figured I wouldn't be changing it much so I decided against it.
Yes, the controller is inline, but how accessible it is really depends on the install. To make it easily a reached, you will have to add a length of wire to the controller leads like bhawks28 mentioned. I had contemplated adding longer wire and a few more connectors, but the parts cost starts to add up. I really don't want to sell them for more. I'm also not sure how many people will feel the need to change colors multiple times. If you think you might, then just add a couple more feet of wire. I didn't want to increase the price for everyone if there were only a few people that could envision doing that. However, if demand warrants it, I'll look into adding the extra parts.

What I'd really like to do, is add the option for an RF RGB controller. It would add an extra $10 to the cost, but for those that wanted it, I could certainly offer it. The functionality is the same as the inline, but it uses a wireless remote to change colors. I've got one for testing, and it's pretty cool.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #263
Bigdjs123
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

Yes, the controller is inline, but how accessible it is really depends on the install. To make it easily a reached, you will have to add a length of wire to the controller leads like bhawks28 mentioned. I had contemplated adding longer wire and a few more connectors, but the parts cost starts to add up. I really don't want to sell them for more. I'm also not sure how many people will feel the need to change colors multiple times. If you think you might, then just add a couple more feet of wire. I didn't want to increase the price for everyone if there were only a few people that could envision doing that. However, if demand warrants it, I'll look into adding the extra parts.

What I'd really like to do, is add the option for an RF RGB controller. It would add an extra $10 to the cost, but for those that wanted it, I could certainly offer it. The functionality is the same as the inline, but it uses a wireless remote to change colors. I've got one for testing, and it's pretty cool.
I would love the wireless. I would definitely pay the extra $10
Bigdjs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #264
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdjs123 View Post
I would love the wireless. I would definitely pay the extra $10
Okay, great. How many others? I can offer some as an add on during the initial ordering, and I can also offer them separately later for anyone that may want to upgrade.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #265
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

I like the idea but Idk yet few feet of wiring and I got a special place for mine
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #266
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Okay guys, can I get some help compiling measurements? Any input from the XK guys? I've got measurements for the 1997~2000 TJ's as well, but nothing beyond that. I'd like to get some test sets made for other models.
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #267
rubiconkid4x4

2007 WK 

Dude, I know I already ordered mine, but i would definitely pay for that. That is an awesome idea. I'll pay for the test materials.
Unread 05-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #268
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

I would also be interested in at least knowing what parts i would need to do the RF wireless controller myself. I already got mine ordered and had the shipment notification, so for now ill probably try and use a longer lead for a controller like mentioned.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #269
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Got em
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #270
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubiconkid4x4 View Post
Dude, I know I already ordered mine, but i would definitely pay for that. That is an awesome idea. I'll pay for the test materials.
Quote:
I would also be interested in at least knowing what parts i would need to do the RF wireless controller myself. I already got mine ordered and had the shipment notification, so for now ill probably try and use a longer lead for a controller like mentioned.
Alright, I'll order a few. Integration wouldn't be any harder than using the inline controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Got em
Awesome! If you got yours, there will probably be quite a few others that get them today as well.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.