WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #226
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
I can see the cart but when I click nothing happens useing Android 2.35
Odd. I can't seem to replicate it. I'll investigate further.

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #227
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

No worthwhile could be my phone the screen is cracked and sometimes its unresponsive as long as I got my order and no one else has a problem don't worry about it
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #228
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Is there a wiring guide that Comes with these? Kind if like a set of instructions more or less?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #229
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Unread 05-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #230
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Is there a wiring guide that Comes with these? Kind if like a set of instructions more or less?
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
So, Dom you were using an iPhone. What were you using Jeremy? It tested fine for me in a Droid Maxx on ICS. After adding to the cart, you should have had a banner at the bottom of the page that would take you to the checkout. Although though I did set up the site, I'm working with the Squarespace backbone. They make it pretty easy to customize, but if something isn't appearing as it should, I'll take it up with them.

I do appreciate the feedback so far guys!

Yeah, load is pretty minimal. Although interestingly enough, the RGB controller doesn't like the factory light wiring. That's why I'm recommending hooking it up to any other ACC source.

Thanks for the order! The wiring should be pretty straightforward. Getting some documentation up over the next few days is one of my goals.
last line ^^^^^
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #231
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru

So, Dom you were using an iPhone.
Yeah I was using an iPhone with current software iOS 6.1.3. Now that I placed my order on my PC (thank you) and I'm familiar with the order process, I went back online with my iPhone and tried again.
I was able to go all the way through the order process up to the secure checkout. I stopped there so I didn't generate an order. My suggestion would be to add some text below the image of the ring that says "click on image to add to cart" or something of the sort. After that point the process was plain as day. I just didn't realize I needed/was able to click on the image.

I hope this info helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #232
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

NIce.

I have a 98 TJ and I can measure the cupholder for ya -- I know that a foam insert from a 2005 Ford freestyle fits LOL but I'll measure it for ya and include the metric measurements if no one has done this for you already --

I bookmarked your site for when you are ready to make TJ cores

Nitty
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #233
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrybomb05 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
last line ^^^^^
Yeah, the instructions should be up before any orders arrive. I assure you, it is pretty straightforward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
Yeah I was using an iPhone with current software iOS 6.1.3. Now that I placed my order on my PC (thank you) and I'm familiar with the order process, I went back online with my iPhone and tried again.
I was able to go all the way through the order process up to the secure checkout. I stopped there so I didn't generate an order. My suggestion would be to add some text below the image of the ring that says "click on image to add to cart" or something of the sort. After that point the process was plain as day. I just didn't realize I needed/was able to click on the image.

I hope this info helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Ah, that is helpful. I'll get see about getting some text added. (That's assuming it would show on the mobile version of the site.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitronitty View Post
I have a 98 TJ and I can measure the cupholder for ya -- I know that a foam insert from a 2005 Ford freestyle fits LOL but I'll measure it for ya and include the metric measurements if no one has done this for you already --

I bookmarked your site for when you are ready to make TJ cores

Nitty
Yeah, I have a 98 as well, so I can certainly get some measurements there too. It seems that the console design changed in 2001. If that's the case, then I'm sure I'll have to sell 2 different TJ versions.

On that note, for anyone that wants to contribute measurements, it's not exactly easy to get down in there. When I was working with bhawks28, I recommended laying 2 toothpicks side by side in the bottom of the cupholder. Then just sticking a piece of tape on them and pulling them out for measurement. Using mm is the most accurate way.
Tape
|
v
_____
_______________|____|_____ <--Toothpick
_____|____|_______________ <--Toothpick
|____|
Damn, that's a horrible diagram, isn't it?

The more people I have contribute, the more accurate measurements I can get. I'd like to double check and cross reference while I have some downtime waiting for the next round of parts. That way when they arrive, I'm ready to go with other models.
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #234
gemiller
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
The taps I'm sending along were the least intrusive method I could find since they don't cut any OEM wiring. Some don't like messing with the OEM wiring in any way, and I understand that. I could certainly look into alternatives for you.
I'd be that guy. I make adapters and harnesses for everything. You can count me in if you find a way to make a t-harness. I'd go with the when the lights on method preferably, but if the on ignition makes it easier to make the harness i'd understand that as well.
gemiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #235
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

So, are we able to place orders? or are we still going in order of people who were first interested?

After all, I was the first person to reply to THIS thread.
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #236
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Order away he sent website early to the few he started with
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #237
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

What? I was one of the earlier guys! Why didn't I get a message??? :'(
Unread 05-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #238
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
I'd be that guy. I make adapters and harnesses for everything. You can count me in if you find a way to make a t-harness. I'd go with the when the lights on method preferably, but if the on ignition makes it easier to make the harness i'd understand that as well.
I'll check it out and let you know man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hxdrummerxc View Post
So, are we able to place orders? or are we still going in order of people who were first interested?

After all, I was the first person to reply to THIS thread.
You are indeed. I thought I sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaldry View Post
What? I was one of the earlier guys! Why didn't I get a message??? :'(
Same here, I thought I sent you a PM as well. Sorry about that! The PM system on this forum is so locked down... 1 PM per minute, and to one recipient only made it a little challenging. I never meant to overlook anyone. It does look like you got your order in, so thank you for your support.

As a reminder to all who have ordered, I'll get this weekend's orders in the mail by Monday night.
Unread 05-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #239
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

Yeah no problem! I was just complaining because I thought you still hadn't publicly given out the URL (until I went a few pages back). No big deal!
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #240
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Well maybe a mod can make it a stickey for the website.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.