WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 05-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #211
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Is it tonight yet? Close enough for me...

I am Jeep to the core.

http://jeep-core.com/

Unread 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #212
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Nice site! Love the logo at the top too! I'm patiently awaiting my turn to buy..
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #213
gemiller
2008 WK 

I totally dig this, but I don't cut/splice into factory wiring. I'd be willing to pay extra to have a t-harness made for the "lights on" (similar to a trailer light kit) if you'd be willing to find the appropriate plugs. I'd end up putting them on their own switch which would kind of take away from the coolness aspect Totally dig the quality though.
gemiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #214
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_Revenge View Post
Nice site! Love the logo at the top too! I'm patiently awaiting my turn to buy..
Thanks! Order whenever you want (as long as there is stock, . )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemiller View Post
I totally dig this, but I don't cut/splice into factory wiring. I'd be willing to pay extra to have a t-harness made for the "lights on" (similar to a trailer light kit) if you'd be willing to find the appropriate plugs. I'd end up putting them on their own switch which would kind of take away from the coolness aspect Totally dig the quality though.
The taps I'm sending along were the least intrusive method I could find since they don't cut any OEM wiring. Some don't like messing with the OEM wiring in any way, and I understand that. I could certainly look into alternatives for you.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #215
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What's the difference between the years? Trying to figure out which would fit in a TJ console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #216
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
What's the difference between the years? Trying to figure out which would fit in a TJ console.
The 05~07 rings are 67mm and 72mm. The 08~10's are 72mm and 73mm. (I always work in metric.) What year did they change the cupholder design on the TJ? I've got a '98 that I'll measure. The later years have a different console, and I'm not sure what they are. The sooner I can compile accurate info, the sooner I can make specific sets for other models.
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #217
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
The 05~07 rings are 67mm and 72mm. The 08~10's are 72mm and 73mm. (I always work in metric.) What year did they change the cupholder design on the TJ? I've got a '98 that I'll measure. The later years have a different console, and I'm not sure what they are. The sooner I can compile accurate info, the sooner I can make specific sets for other models.
Mine appears to be about 2 3/4", so the smaller ring should fit well. It isn't easy to measure lol. Mine's a removable rubber insert with several sets of numbers printed on the bottom. If you have that too, we can compare the P/Ns. If not, no idea when it would've changed.

EDIT: found an ebay listing for them. P/N is 55315038AC and they are 01-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #218
rollindom

2005 WK 

Sight looks great Craig! I can't wait until the option to purchase pops up on it.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #219
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

It's there click on your year at the top menu and then click add to cart then I had to go on pc my phone wouldn't show me the checkout button. Enter your info and finnished you'll get an email shortly after
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #220
rollindom

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653
It's there click on your year at the top menu and then click add to cart then I had to go on pc my phone wouldn't show me the checkout button. Enter your info and finnished you'll get an email shortly after
I'm glad someone is on top of things. Thanks a million jeremyc653! I was trying this on my iPhone and that's got be the problem. I'll bust out the PC as soon as I get home.
rollindom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #221
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Ya I could add to cart and was like wth I can't checkout so I switched to pc figuring it was a mobile problem sure enough ordered and sent Craig a message. Obviously its a website he created just for this and having a few bugs is all part of the buisness things happen and that's what feedback is for
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #222
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Also on the factory wireing if you tap into it to run one led I'm sure there is almost zero load. Regardless I'm sure Craig made it easy for us.
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #223
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Just ordered my set! Now, just gotta ask the bf to help me with the wiring.. (his specialty, not mine in the least bit)
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #224
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollindom View Post
I'm glad someone is on top of things. Thanks a million jeremyc653! I was trying this on my iPhone and that's got be the problem. I'll bust out the PC as soon as I get home.
Quote:
Ya I could add to cart and was like wth I can't checkout so I switched to pc figuring it was a mobile problem sure enough ordered and sent Craig a message. Obviously its a website he created just for this and having a few bugs is all part of the buisness things happen and that's what feedback is for
So, Dom you were using an iPhone. What were you using Jeremy? It tested fine for me in a Droid Maxx on ICS. After adding to the cart, you should have had a banner at the bottom of the page that would take you to the checkout. Although though I did set up the site, I'm working with the Squarespace backbone. They make it pretty easy to customize, but if something isn't appearing as it should, I'll take it up with them.

I do appreciate the feedback so far guys!

Quote:
Also on the factory wireing if you tap into it to run one led I'm sure there is almost zero load. Regardless I'm sure Craig made it easy for us.
Yeah, load is pretty minimal. Although interestingly enough, the RGB controller doesn't like the factory light wiring. That's why I'm recommending hooking it up to any other ACC source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_Revenge View Post
Just ordered my set! Now, just gotta ask the bf to help me with the wiring.. (his specialty, not mine in the least bit)
Thanks for the order! The wiring should be pretty straightforward. Getting some documentation up over the next few days is one of my goals.
Unread 05-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #225
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

I can see the cart but when I click nothing happens useing Android 2.35

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.