WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 05-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #196
strider1076
2007 WK 

Im in for a set

strider1076 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #197
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

They are multi color via rgb controller you can set them for just one color if you like
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:15 AM   #198
TimM
2007 WK 

Down-under lighted cup holders

Have looked at this thread a few times and like the idea. I'm not sure if you are prepared to post overseas (Australia) but if you are I would like to order a set and pay the extra postage etc.

Should I install them upside down! Tim
TimM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #199
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Patiently waiting on my private message invite
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #200
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Just to answer a few common questions that keep popping up.

Q. Will you make some for my WJ, ZJ, TJ, JK, XK, etc.

A. Why yes, I certainly will. I'm currently focusing on the WK's while I get my manufacturing process down. I made some great progress over the weekend in defining workable methods. Once I feel I'm ready to move onto the other models, I'll need some help from you guys to get accurate measurements and defining a preferred install method. I'll post about it here when that time comes.

Q. Will you ship to XYZ (outside of the US)?

A. I would be happy to ship internationally. I've got friends in the UK and Australia whom I ship packages to on a semi-regular basis. I'll work on getting some shipping rates set up on the website in the near future.

Q. What is your website address? I haven't seen you mention it yet.

A. Ah, you'll see it soon enough. bhawks28 and Omelet are the only two forum members who have seen it so far. I've been told it looks nice.

Q. So, when can I place my order?

A. Also, very soon. There are about a dozen people from the original 'What did you do to your...' thread that locked in the right to be first to order. Then a few more who PM'd me very early on. Once I've sent a PM to those people and given them a chance to order, I'll put the link up here for everyone else. If even half of the people who said they wanted a set, actually buy, I'll blow through my initial sets pretty quickly. I'll reorder parts as soon as I can. With any luck I'll get some idea of daily order frequency so I keep getting parts in and getting sets out.

Q. So, what about colors?

A. No longer relevant. I'm using RGB controllers that allow you to choose from between 20 colors at 5 different lighting levels. That includes the OEM dash lighting.

Well, I think that covers most of them. If I've missed anything, just let me know!
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #201
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Good update keep some of the annoying repeating questions for popping up and making me check my phone every hour
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #202
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Good update keep some of the annoying repeating questions for popping up and making me check my phone every hour
Yup
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #203
marko138
2011 WK 

Good stuff. I might be interested in some b-stock as well. Really digging these.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #204
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

22 sets packed so far...

Unread 05-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #205
Shando4215
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru
Just an update guys. I've got some good news and some bad news. How about the bad first? I took a little time tonight to get some more rings cut, however my CNC wasn't cooperating. More specifically, the special end mill I'm using for the acrylic wasn't playing nice. I ended up with about 8 sets that are pretty rubbish. (I cut a sheet of 16 rings at a time.) I was having issues with the acrylic melting despite the feed speed. Any attempts to raise the speed, and I would get edge chipping. Basically it bounced back and forth between melting and chipping. I'm guessing the end mill is duller than it appears, despite the fact that it's pretty new. So, the only immediate remedy it to switch from the 3-flute 3/16 mill", to a single flute 1/8". The biggest downside to doing that, is simply the milling time. I've got to slow the feed rate down a little more, reduce cut depth, and it won't remove as much material per pass. Oh well, there's not much I can do about it at this point until I buy a suitable replacement. As part of this end mill drama, I've not got as many sets done as I'd hoped. I'd like to get a few more done before I send out PM's to the new site.

So, on to the good news. The website is up and ready to take orders. With the exception of a link to some install instructions, we're ready to go there. I'm hoping to get the link out there to a few of you by the first part of next week. Also, for you cheapskates out there, I'll have some 'B' stock to sell for the 05~07 WK's. Here is why. On a few of the rings that were chipped during milling, I can't sell them as first quality. However, due to the fact that the 05~07 cupholders have those 3 'grips' around the bottom of the hole, those chips are easily hidden underneath them and will never be seen. I figured I'd sell them at a discount. Sorry I probably won't be able to do the same for the 08~10's. There would be nothing to hide the chips, and I think it would look bad when lit up.

Anyway, thanks for your patience will all of this. I'll get these things worked out soon enough!
What is the website name?
Shando4215 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #206
rubiconkid4x4
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Just to answer a few common questions that keep popping up.

A. Why yes, I certainly will. I'm currently focusing on the WK's while I get my manufacturing process down. I made some great progress over the weekend in defining workable methods. Once I feel I'm ready to move onto the other models, I'll need some help from you guys to get accurate measurements and defining a preferred install method. I'll post about it here when that time comes.

Q. Will you ship to XYZ (outside of the US)?

A. I would be happy to ship internationally. I've got friends in the UK and Australia whom I ship packages to on a semi-regular basis. I'll work on getting some shipping rates set up on the website in the near future.

Q. What is your website address? I haven't seen you mention it yet.

A. Ah, you'll see it soon enough. bhawks28 and Omelet are the only two forum members who have seen it so far. I've been told it looks nice.

Q. So, when can I place my order?

A. Also, very soon. There are about a dozen people from the original 'What did you do to your...' thread that locked in the right to be first to order. Then a few more who PM'd me very early on. Once I've sent a PM to those people and given them a chance to order, I'll put the link up here for everyone else. If even half of the people who said they wanted a set, actually buy, I'll blow through my initial sets pretty quickly. I'll reorder parts as soon as I can. With any luck I'll get some idea of daily order frequency so I keep getting parts in and getting sets out.

Q. So, what about colors?

A. No longer relevant. I'm using RGB controllers that allow you to choose from between 20 colors at 5 different lighting levels. That includes the OEM dash lighting.

Well, I think that covers most of them. If I've missed anything, just let me know!
^
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #207
Ben824
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post

Don't forget XJs!!!!
Ben824 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #208
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben824 View Post
Don't forget XJs!!!!
I won't man.

BTW, the first round of PM's went out just a short while ago. I'll give those guys a chance to order and then make the link public tomorrow night. I'll be shipping the first part of next week and then ordering more parts. I'll do everything I can to pump these things out, but I'll likely be out of stock for a bit while I'm waiting for parts to arrive. In the meantime, I'll be working with a few of the guys who contacted me about other models, and we'll get some measurements taken.
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #209
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

One more thing... I've currently only got 6 sets of the 08~10's available. After making a few sets, I've decided to use a slightly thicker acrylic disc when making these. It's pretty important that these lay completely flat since the side of the passenger side ring is visible. For the sets I did make, I ended up trimming the LED strip to allow them to lay correctly, but it would be a lot of work going forward to keep doing that. Switching to the thicker acrylic will make for easier assembly. I'll order some this weekend, but it may be a week or more before I can get some of the new ones made. It seems the 05~7 demand is much greater (like at least 4 to 1), so hopefully it won't impact too many people in the short term.
Unread 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #210
jeremyc653
2005 WK 

Wasn't kidding about website it is pretty neat but yall will see tonight hope this post doesn't make ya take ur phone out and get all excited lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.