WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 03-20-2013, 03:13 AM   #151
1EvilHemi
2007 WK 

Hey, when all is said and done with testing.... It would defiantly be great if you could take like a 5 second video of each color (preferable the color changing ones) so we can get a better idea of what it looks like as well as the dimming option and maybe post them on youtube. And great idea! I'm sure ill be purchasing some in the near future

07 Red Rock Crystal Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 QDII. Gibson 3" Cat Back exhaust, modified K&N FIPK cold air intake wet sanded, primed & painted PEM Red Rock Crystal with custom "EVIL HEMI" K&N decal design. Custom Mopar Engine Cover Insert with additional air slots. Removed OEM sticker pin striping. Hawk Performance LTS Brake pads, Stillen cross drilled rotors, OEM calipers custom Duplicolor mix-painted dark red. LED lighted red cup holder rings. 2" Daystar lift kit & Bilstein shocks purchased (awaiting installation).
1EvilHemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #152
BurtonRyderXK

Are the cup holders in the WK the same as the XK? Cuz I have a Commander and would love to buy a set from you.
BurtonRyderXK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #153
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaldry View Post
Yeah, let's hope one of those is a factory color! That's what most people wanted and i would hate to see me lose that color just so I can have 19 other colors that I don't want :/
I really wanted a factory color for myself, so I'll certainly try to make sure that's possible. It's also what the overwhelming majority of everyone else wants too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
I agree, this sounds like a great idea! Then I can use the equivalent of the stock aqua color until I change out the rest of my lights, then switch it to blue. It would also be fun to change it up every once in a while too
Yeah, you'll at least be able to make a choice now. I can't wait to get some testing done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1EvilHemi View Post
Hey, when all is said and done with testing.... It would defiantly be great if you could take like a 5 second video of each color (preferable the color changing ones) so we can get a better idea of what it looks like as well as the dimming option and maybe post them on youtube. And great idea! I'm sure ill be purchasing some in the near future
Sure, I can try and get some video taken. That would be a great way to show what the controllers are capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonRyderXK View Post
Are the cup holders in the WK the same as the XK? Cuz I have a Commander and would love to buy a set from you.
I honestly have no idea. I know the 2005~7 and 2008~10 WK's are different, but I'm not sure where the XK's fall in there. If someone can get me a few pics, and accurate measurements in mm of the very bottom of the cupholders, I'll see if the WK version can fit. If not, I can make some specifically for the XK guys.
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #154
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Okay guys, I received a test controller today and played with it a bit tonight. Needless to say, I'm very happy. 20 colors, and 5 different levels of brightness for each. The color/pattern changing mode is cool, but really not practical. Haha, at least the option is there should you want it. I know everyone was concerned about matching the OEM lighting... No worries there, the green-white is a perfect match!!

I'll order a few simple connectors now, and weigh whether or not to add the small expense of a connector vs. hand soldering.
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #155
audiophonicz
2007 WK 

PM Sent!
audiophonicz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #156
bhawks28
2009 WK 

Wow Craig that looks great can't wait to get a set
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #157
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! Can't wait to have it installed!
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #158
hxdrummerxc
2008 WK 

Awesome! Its looking better by the day. Did you get a fit for a 2008+ cup holder yet?
08' Limited 5.7L QTII | Hemi Club #76 | Saguaro Front Shackles | Blacked out front grille, Blacked out stock chrome wheels | Bwoody 4" Short Ram Velocity Intake | Flowmaster Super 44 & resonator delete | Superchips Vivid |
hxdrummerxc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #159
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Thanks guys. I do have the measurements for 2008+. I'm sending a test set out to bhawks28 for fitment some time next week. Then you can pest him for a few pics, haha!
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #160
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I'll gladly take plenty of pics of the test set. Let me know when you're ready Craig, I'm excited!
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #161
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

I certainly will man. Due to the switch to strips, I need to make a few revisions to my design. Externally it will look the same, but I need to make a larger pocket underneath. I'll be away this weekend, so it's looking more like Monday or Tuesday before I can fab a set.
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #162
cherrybomb05
2010 JK Wrangler 

Any updates on these?
cherrybomb05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #163
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Yes, as a matter of fact. I ordered a bunch of components from some overseas suppliers, but I probably won't get them for at least 2 weeks. I need to get bhawks28 a test set for the 2008+ WK's, but otherwise I'm just waiting on parts. I'm going to make these as plug and play as possible. So, I also ordered some 'Y' adapters and some male/female plugs. It should make for a pretty painless install. I'll update as the parts start rolling in.
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #164
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

I'm excited
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #165
Steve01WJ
2005 WK 

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

05 WK 5.7 Limited QD2
Steve01WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.