WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK (and possibly others) LED lighted cupholders

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 03-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #136
bhawks28
2009 WK 

I think he set up some kind of cart that we'll all order through. Craig, I run a couple of web/MySQL/data servers and also program for a living, so if you need any help setting up the software, servers, or databases, just let me know!

Unread 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #137
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc653 View Post
Need to find a way to link everyone who wants one and color!
I just started another thread with an informal poll to get me some idea of the parts I need to order, and which model of WK everyone has. It's a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawks28 View Post
I think he set up some kind of cart that we'll all order through. Craig, I run a couple of web/MySQL/data servers and also program for a living, so if you need any help setting up the software, servers, or databases, just let me know!
Yea, I have Zencart installed on one of my domains. I'm currently working on configuring it now. It will be pretty basic at first, but I'm more concerned about functionality than having something mind-blowing in appearance. I appreciate the offer man, and I'll definitely keep that in mind. I'm not unfamiliar with setting up sites, but I'm not a programmer. I can hack some basic code together, but generally stick with modifying something existing. Most of what I learned came from running a phpbb based website for a few years. You learn to get intimate with modifying code if you want any kind of plugins beyond a base install. There were only a few times I had to make a panicked skype call to one of programmer buddies, lol.
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #138
apower1105
2007 WK 

[QUOTE=craigbru;15081480]I just started another thread with an informal poll to get me some idea of the parts I need to order, and which model of WK everyone has.

Awesome work Craig!! Whenever you get caught up with all the orders I'd be interested in blue for my 07, I also voted on the poll you set up.
apower1105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #139
05armywk
2005 WK 

Just want to add to the waiting list. Will take a 2005 in oem please.
05armywk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #140
Ryan101505

Same here
Ryan101505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #141
Megs_Revenge
2005 WK 

Would also like to grab a set if I can. Pale blue if possible, but if the OEM pale green is the option, I'll order that.

Side note:
Nice job with all this!
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Silver"]Silver WK club #69[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Arial"][COLOR="Silver"]Oo|||||||oO[/COLOR][/FONT]
Megs_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #142
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Okay guys, I've been posting in the LED poll thread, but I thought I better update this one as well. As it turns out, the poll about color options may not be needed. I've ordered a few test parts, and have found some inexpensive RGB controllers. I'm hoping to have them by this weekend and will do some testing. Assuming everything goes as I hope it does, I'll be able to get you RGB controlled rings for about $35 a set. I'll certainly go cheaper yet if I can. That's just a little more than the single color sets, but you'll be able to choose from 20 different colors, plus be able to dim. I think that's a worthwhile tradeoff. It will mean a little more labor on my end, but I'll be able to minimize inventory issues since all sets will be the same for any given model. So, thanks to all those that inquired about RGB and led to my subsequent investigation of them.

So, if tests go well, my lead time for the first sets will be extended a bit (not that I ever set one in the first place, haha.) I'll have to order the RGB controllers from a source in China and that may take about 2 weeks or so. Since they are probably made by oppressed Chinese children, I'll test every set after assembly, and have decided to offer free replacement should the LED's or controllers cease functioning at some point. I'll keep you updated!

Just for fun, here are the modes and colors available with the RGB controller.

Modes

NO. Mode
1 Full color gradual change
2 Three-color fade in then fade out
3 Seven-color fade in then fade out
4 Red fade in then fade out
5 Yellow fade in then fade out
6 Green fade in then fade out
7 Cyan fade in then fade out
8 Blue fade in then fade out
9 White fade in then fade out
10 Three colors jumpy change
11 Six color jumpy change
12 3-color strobe change
13 Red flash explosion
14 Yellow flash explosion
15 Green flash explosion
16 Blue flash explosion
17 White flash explosion
18 Six color flash explosion
19 AutoPlay

Color Table

NO. Color
1 Static red
2 Static green
3 Static blue
4 Static orange
5 Static deep yellow
6 Static pink
7 Static purple
8 Static brown
9 Static violet blue
10 Static dark blue
11 Static light blue
12 Static cyan
13 Static light green
14 Static yellowish green
15 Static yellow-green
16 Static white
17 Static green white
18 Static ivory
19 Static pink white
20 Static warm white
Unread 03-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #143
Jeepforthewin
Lucky Charms!

2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbru View Post
Okay guys, I've been posting in the LED poll thread, but I thought I better update this one as well. As it turns out, the poll about color options may not be needed. I've ordered a few test parts, and have found some inexpensive RGB controllers. I'm hoping to have them by this weekend and will do some testing. Assuming everything goes as I hope it does, I'll be able to get you RGB controlled rings for about $35 a set. I'll certainly go cheaper yet if I can. That's just a little more than the single color sets, but you'll be able to choose from 20 different colors, plus be able to dim. I think that's a worthwhile tradeoff. It will mean a little more labor on my end, but I'll be able to minimize inventory issues since all sets will be the same for any given model. So, thanks to all those that inquired about RGB and led to my subsequent investigation of them.

So, if tests go well, my lead time for the first sets will be extended a bit (not that I ever set one in the first place, haha.) I'll have to order the RGB controllers from a source in China and that may take about 2 weeks or so. Since they are probably made by oppressed Chinese children, I'll test every set after assembly, and have decided to offer free replacement should the LED's or controllers cease functioning at some point. I'll keep you updated!

Just for fun, here are the modes and colors available with the RGB controller.

Modes

NO. Mode
1 Full color gradual change
2 Three-color fade in then fade out
3 Seven-color fade in then fade out
4 Red fade in then fade out
5 Yellow fade in then fade out
6 Green fade in then fade out
7 Cyan fade in then fade out
8 Blue fade in then fade out
9 White fade in then fade out
10 Three colors jumpy change
11 Six color jumpy change
12 3-color strobe change
13 Red flash explosion
14 Yellow flash explosion
15 Green flash explosion
16 Blue flash explosion
17 White flash explosion
18 Six color flash explosion
19 AutoPlay

Color Table

NO. Color
1 Static red
2 Static green
3 Static blue
4 Static orange
5 Static deep yellow
6 Static pink
7 Static purple
8 Static brown
9 Static violet blue
10 Static dark blue
11 Static light blue
12 Static cyan
13 Static light green
14 Static yellowish green
15 Static yellow-green
16 Static white
17 Static green white
18 Static ivory
19 Static pink white
20 Static warm white
will there still be a color to match the stock lighting?
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #144
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

I'll find out after testing. I hope either the light green, or green white colors are close.
Unread 03-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #145
06Grand
2006 WK 

Love all the options! These will make me feel like Im back in high school when I use to put neons in all my cars,lol.
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #146
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Much better idea... way easier to keep things in stock to do this.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #147
craigbru
Jeep to the Core

2007 WK 

Yeah, I was originally hesitant to increase the price. I also had a hard time justifying the extra features at that price. It seemed a little unnecessary. Now that I've found much cheaper parts sources, it's almost hard to imagine being limited to only single colors. Barring the parts not working together in some unforeseen scenario, I'm convinced RGB is the way to go.
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #148
RagtagGuy
2005 WK 

As long as I can get stock green I'll be good
RagtagGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #149
jbaldry
2000 WJ 

Yeah, let's hope one of those is a factory color! That's what most people wanted and i would hate to see me lose that color just so I can have 19 other colors that I don't want :/
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #150
Omelet
Evil Overlord!

2005 WK 

I agree, this sounds like a great idea! Then I can use the equivalent of the stock aqua color until I change out the rest of my lights, then switch it to blue. It would also be fun to change it up every once in a while too

HEMI Club Member #31 - - - JEEP Makes It, HEMI Shakes It!!!
Omelet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.