WK Oil Pan Bolts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Oil Pan Bolts

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
BrooklynWK

WK Oil Pan Bolts

Have to do this dreaded job. Little confused about the correct Part# for the bolts as I want to replace these as well. Parts diagrams show a part but it only says it uses qty of 2.

Does anyone know the correct part # for the 17 bolts that secure the pan.

Thanks!

BrooklynWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
caulk04
2008 WK 

Might I ask why you're replacing the bolts? They really should be fine.

My recommendation would be to pull one out and take it to the hardware store. Just get some normal socket head cap screws for it, I bet you can get them for 10% of what the dealer will charge.
Unread 11-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
BrooklynWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulk04 View Post
Might I ask why you're replacing the bolts? They really should be fine.

My recommendation would be to pull one out and take it to the hardware store. Just get some normal socket head cap screws for it, I bet you can get them for 10% of what the dealer will charge.
My oil pan is badly rusted. So bad that its starting to leak. Also, a large part of the rust is around where the bolts go through the pan. If I'm going to go through the trouble of replacing the pan I certainly want to put new hardware in as well.
Unread 11-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
colinzj
2006 WK 

6504810AA. Early 4.7, yeah? (Guessing yes from the 17.)

Same part number's good for everything but the CRD and Hemi. One less bolt on the 3.7s.
Unread 11-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
BrooklynWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinzj View Post
6504810AA. Early 4.7, yeah? (Guessing yes from the 17.)

Same part number's good for everything but the CRD and Hemi. One less bolt on the 3.7s.
Just placed the order before. Thanks!

Fyi guys here is my oil pan before I had it JB welded.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.