WK Headroom - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK Headroom

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-28-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
msajeep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

WK Headroom

I'm a TJ owner and looking at getting a WK as a second vehicle. I test drove an 05 limited 5.7 last night and I felt no matter how I adjusted the seat I felt like my head was in the roof. I own a honda civic and from the stats it says the headrooms are about the same as an 05 wk. I feel like I have plenty room in my honda, so what am I doing wrong. Anyone else have a problem like this??

msajeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

It's been discussed a few times here but no real solutions.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/lower-seat-height-416968/

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #3
bull_blaster
2005 WK 

humm, thats strange , cause i'm 6'3 and still have plenty of head room.
If you have not done this so far, make sure you lower the seat completely down, and when doing so , press down on the front and back of the lowering latch at the same time otherwise it will tilt
bull_blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
gornoman
2006 WK 

I'm 6'1" and I have to get in my WK very carefully. Apparently most of my height is in my torso and not my legs. I never have the seat pushed back all the way, and my head barely fits.

I don't care. I bought it for trail running and I put up with it.
Blue WK Club Member #15
My other passion - WWW.buggiesgonewild.com
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #5
Goldja

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull_blaster
humm, thats strange , cause i'm 6'3 and still have plenty of head room.
If you have not done this so far, make sure you lower the seat completely down, and when doing so , press down on the front and back of the lowering latch at the same time otherwise it will tilt
I am also 6'3" and I went from a Range Rover to an 07 GC Overland because it was better to tow behind my motor home
In the beginning I felt claustrophobic but now after 2000 miles I have gotten used to it
The Commander has much more head clearence but it is reported that it will be discontinued in 09 and resale will/is an issue that I did/do not want to deal with
Goldja is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.