WK ESP ABS BAS Service 4WD System After Lift Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK ESP ABS BAS Service 4WD System After Lift Install

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
TheJeepGod

WK ESP ABS BAS Service 4WD System After Lift Install

So I recently put a 2" RC lift and 255/75R17 Tires on my 2007 WK CRD. Everything was fine before the lift, no lights etc.

After the lift install the ESP, BAS, ABS, Traction Control (Car on sliding symbol) are all on, Service 4WD System displays on the dash. No check engine light, jeep runs and drives fine, Cruise control still works.

I had an alignment done, the steering wheel is centered. I also took a look at the ABS sensors, unplugged the RH front as a test, which caused a CEL and BRAKE light to come on, the jeep also had a hard time shifting. Plugged the RH front abs sensor back in and those issues went away.

So, while it seems from searching that most peoples issues stem from an ABS sensor, or not centered steering it seems that im having a different problem. If it were an ABS sensor, I assume that it would act much like it did when the RH front was uplugged, throw a CEL and not shift well. Plus with the cruise control working, it seems that all my ABS sensors are OK.

Any other ideas on what to check out?

I am aware that a dealer could probably quickly scan this, but I try to avoid dealers since im capible of fixing things myself once I know which direction to go in, and ive spent all my $$ on the lift and tires so thats not an option right now.

2001 Cherokee 60th Anniversary
2007 WK CRD
TheJeepGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
scootr29
2008 WK 

You need to do a scan for codes....any auto parts box store can do a scan and give you the codes.
Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
scootr29 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.