post #1 of Old 02-28-2013, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
TheJeepGod

WK ESP ABS BAS Service 4WD System After Lift Install

So I recently put a 2" RC lift and 255/75R17 Tires on my 2007 WK CRD. Everything was fine before the lift, no lights etc.

After the lift install the ESP, BAS, ABS, Traction Control (Car on sliding symbol) are all on, Service 4WD System displays on the dash. No check engine light, jeep runs and drives fine, Cruise control still works.

I had an alignment done, the steering wheel is centered. I also took a look at the ABS sensors, unplugged the RH front as a test, which caused a CEL and BRAKE light to come on, the jeep also had a hard time shifting. Plugged the RH front abs sensor back in and those issues went away.

So, while it seems from searching that most peoples issues stem from an ABS sensor, or not centered steering it seems that im having a different problem. If it were an ABS sensor, I assume that it would act much like it did when the RH front was uplugged, throw a CEL and not shift well. Plus with the cruise control working, it seems that all my ABS sensors are OK.

Any other ideas on what to check out?

I am aware that a dealer could probably quickly scan this, but I try to avoid dealers since im capible of fixing things myself once I know which direction to go in, and ive spent all my $$ on the lift and tires so thats not an option right now.

1951 CJ-3A-Chevy V-8, 2.5" Lift Still Going Strong, but In need of restoration (eventually)
1970 CJ-5- Fully restored-saginaw ps, lift, 33's, rear locker etc.
1999 Cherokee
2001 Cherokee 60th Anniversary
2007 WK CRD
post #2 of Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM
SSF556
2008 WK 

You need to do a scan for codes....any auto parts box store can do a scan and give you the codes.

Silver WK Club Member #1
2008 CRD QT2
post #3 of Old 12-11-2015, 09:16 PM
mopar_madness
2008 WK 

i just did a rough country lift as well and im having the exact same issues
post #4 of Old 12-12-2015, 12:25 AM
centralmuscle
2005 WK 

What are your codes cycling the key three times? 1417 was my left rear abs issue with the exact same lights & warnings.
post #5 of Old 01-06-2016, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
TheJeepGod

For me it ended up being an abs sensor after all, crushed it during the install. Replaced and it worked fine again.

1951 CJ-3A-Chevy V-8, 2.5" Lift Still Going Strong, but In need of restoration (eventually)
1970 CJ-5- Fully restored-saginaw ps, lift, 33's, rear locker etc.
1999 Cherokee
2001 Cherokee 60th Anniversary
2007 WK CRD
post #6 of Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 PM
goldcrown4
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralmuscle View Post
What are your codes cycling the key three times? 1417 was my left rear abs issue with the exact same lights & warnings.
What is the proper way to do this to get codes to show up? 2005 WK Hemi and yes, I've had the ignition cylinder replaced during recall so it is stiff as heck.