WK - Different sort of heated seat problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK - Different sort of heated seat problem

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
tjlaven
2005 WK 

WK - Different sort of heated seat problem

Hi,

I've had a problem with the driver's heated seat in my 2005 GC and the searches I've done on the problem always seem to describe an open circuit - broken wire type problem - but the problem I have is different:

The heated seat is operational, sometimes. I've tested it out enough times to figure this out: on cold mornings, if I turn the seat on right away, it'll turn on and heat up properly. However if I don't think about it for a while and try to turn the seat on later - it won't come on at all (no indicator LEDs lit, no heat). Also, and this is very wierd - after its been on for a while, it WON'T turn off. It seems to get 'stuck' in the ON position. I've already replaced the switch bank, thinking it was a defective switch - so that's not it.

Could it be a heat-related problem with the heated seat controller, or relay?

The passenger heated seat works fine.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

tjlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
BAH101
2008 WK 

Sounds like a sticky relay
Unread 08-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
tjlaven
2005 WK 

Thanks for your response. I can't find the relay listed in the shop manual I have. Is the relay built into the Heated Seat Module, located under the passenger seat?
tjlaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.