WK CRD swirl valve code confusion? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > WK CRD swirl valve code confusion?

KrawlOff-Road.com now Carries Iron Rock Off Road!!!!!Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
PDragon
2007 WK 

WK CRD swirl valve code confusion?

Hi all,

I need your help with a peculiar situation. First, some context:
I'm running a GDE ECO tune and I recently removed the air filter housing and the turbo air intake (black seal). Once I put it back together and went for a test drive, the orange engine light (solid) and the red lighting light (flashing) came on. I looked up the codes and were related to air flow or air pressure (i lost the paper where I wrote the codes).

Given that before I removed the air intake everything was working good, I thought I installed the air intake incorrectly. The next day I had to take the jeep to the dealership for an appointment related to a TCM code, so I used the opportunity to have them look at the red lighting light.

Before dropping the car in the morning, I uninstalled the GDE ECO tune.

Today the guy at the dealership told me that I have a swirl valve problem.

My question to you is:

Is it possible for the dealership to confuse poor air intake issue with a swirl valve one? Remember that I was running GDE ECO tune at the time the red lighting flashing light came up. I wish I had kept the codes.

Any info that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Unread 05-26-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
101gargoyles

Better ask what code they found. Is it running OK or in limp mode.
101gargoyles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
PDragon
2007 WK 

I'm going to call tomorrow and ask for their codes. The dealership is getting limp mode.
I didn't, but I drove it under 60kph (37.5mph) and was running the ECO tune.
Unread Yesterday, 02:30 AM   #4
101gargoyles

Pray it's not P2015.
When you removed the air tube at the turbo was it leaking crankcase vented oil outside of the black seal? It's normal for oil to be on the inside but the old orange coloured seals where the ones that rotted and leaked down on the swirl motor and killing it.
If it is the SM I would check your local Mercedes dealer to get them to do the job. They know the engine best and can save you a large bag of money by not breaking the flap actuator arms that a Chrysler dealer did twice. Once under warranty and once out of my pocket. $5000- and all because the first time around they didn't replace the $137- air inlet assembly from orange to black
Unread Yesterday, 08:34 AM   #5
PDragon
2007 WK 

When I removed the air tube it had a little bit of oil in the inside. I upgraded the air tube to the black seal one two years ago, so hopefully is not P2015. I'll call the dealership in an hour or so and ask for the codes. Thanks for the info!
Unread Yesterday, 02:26 PM   #6
PDragon
2007 WK 

Mystery resolved: The dealership got confused with the codes. A loose sensor caused the drama.
Unread Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #7
Chirpz
Web Wheeler

2007 WK 

Well thats a lot of drama alright. I would never let a dealer replace my SM ever...... been there and backed out. Glad it was not a SM problem after all.

As a note.... your GDE tune should cancel out the swirl motor.... You could email them with your VIN number and purchase date etc to confirm. There have been different versions of the tune.
EHM MOD, Garmin Mechanic EcoHD, K&N Filter (Deleted)
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 01:10 AM   #8
101gargoyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDragon View Post
Mystery resolved: The dealership got confused with the codes. A loose sensor caused the drama.
I'm currently looking for a new dealer 'cause the last 4 were also easily confused. LONG story....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.